English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 June 2001, 01:37   #21
Amiga1992

Nope, the special chrimbo issue was always the January issue. So you are confusing something there.
Old 24 June 2001, 10:53   #22
MethodGit

Angry

Damn! I SWEAR those disks exist, seriously. Hmm, maybe it was "April 94" or something, I don't know! However, it MUST be a Christmas issue, because Disk B features a christmas game, don't it?

Okay, I've decided I will find these disks and check for you...
Old 24 June 2001, 15:17   #23
Khephren

I just found these up in my attic.

AMIGA COMPUTING
Workstation
July 91
September 91
November 91
January 92
March 92
May 92
June 92
August 92
October 92
December 92
February 93
October 93
November 93
April 94
August 94
September 94
October 94
November 94 (2)
Xmas 94 (2)
March 95
November 95

Amiga Format
Disk 14
Disk 16
Disk 17
Disk 18 (2)
Disk 19
Disk 20
Disk 21
Disk 22
Disk 23
Disk 24
Disk 26
Disk 27
Disk 28
Disk 29
Disk 30
Disk 31
Disk 38b
Disk 60b
Disk 67a

AUI
User Disk 2
User Disk 3
User Disk 4
User Disk 5
User Disk 6
Super Disk 9
Super Disk 10 (2)
Super Disk 13
Super Disk 14
Super Disk 30
Super Disk 45
HyperDisk 11

Amiga Shopper
Issue 33
Issue 34
Issue 36
Issue 47
Issue 49
Issue 50
Issue 51
Issue 52 (2)
Issue 57
Issue 60
Issue 61

Commodore User
Disk 32
Disk 100

If you want any I'll ADF them, otherwise they meet the format command.

Old 24 June 2001, 18:22   #24
MrDig

Allright... First things firts then..:

I'm glad you all like the update! Thanks!

Well, I will reply to your posts then:

Akira:

I already have the following disks of THE ONE:
Mar 92 (But I don't have detailed information about these disks and I also don't have the cover and diskscans.. So that would be nice! )
Oct 94
Nov 94 (I do have the Aladdin disk, but I can't make it work with WinUAE..)
Jan 95

So I don't have the disks of the following The One issues:
Apr 92
Nov 93
Dec 93
Jan 94
Feb 94
Mar 94
Dec 94
Seems great demos to me on these disks, so these disks would be VERY nice! And some detailed information with them would be EXTREMELY nice !

I already have the disks of Amiga Power 10 and 11 but (again) some more detailed information of these disks would be welcome!
I can't tell at the moment if I have the other disks you mentioned.. (Amiga Computing, Amiga Format, Amiga Action, Amiga User International), because I'm currently not at the right place where I can check this.. I will sort these disks out tonight..

MarzAttakz:

I'm afraid I don't have the time to scan every Amiga magazine... For now I will focus on scanning the front covers and the diskscans, but if someone has a special request (Like Graham in another post) just say so and I will see what I can do for you...

And Basejumpers and Holiday Lemmings can indeed be found on January disk B. This disk is already available on my site..
As for The One Jan 94, Hmm... a bit weird just like Akira said there must be some confusion because you both mentioned the same month with different games.. Well, I would like to have them both then! Maybe there is some difference? (Wrong month? Bonus disks?) Does someone know?

I can't check the CuAmiga disks you mentioned right now, I'll check them tonight...
Hmm.. The disk you mentioned with no proper label... Just send it over and I will check it out...

And indeed, I also have the corrupted Amiga Power disk 64 you mentioned.. I know the PD-Game Blob is on this disk, but I can't even get it to run with an Amiga Emulator! So could you tell me which configuration you use to get this game running?

And I don't know the mags Amiga Mania and 'Public Domain'.. I do have some disks of some other rare magazines though... I will add them eventually in the future... But if you have disks of Amiga Action and/or Public Domain then I'm interested of course! Every coverdisk is interesting!

Well, I'll give answer the three questions you mentioned:
1. Fault of mine... The non-java menu link to The One september 91 is working now.. The Java link isn't working.. I'll fix it tonight.. Thanks for reporting! But I don't know what's wrong with the AP63 disk though.. Hmm.. I'll check it out tonight..
2. Well, If you still see 'unavailable, please send to...' then I still don't have these disk! So the answer is no, I haven't received any of these disks..
3. About the .nfo and file_id.diz files you mentioned. I didn't make these docs, One guy named KnucklesD have made these disk, so it was easy for me to add them.. I takes too much time for me to make 1 .nfo and 1 file_id.diz for each coverdisk.. But if someone is willing to do this for some coverdisks then I would be very grateful.. Just send the nfo/id.diz files over and I will include them within the zips...

Thanks for your support and I'm looking to your disks!

Khephren:

Thanks for looking for some coverdisks! Anyway.. I can't check right now If I have these disks or not... I'll check them out tonight...

Thanks for your support guys!

Old 24 June 2001, 22:36   #25
MrDig

Well, I have sorted out all your disks (Akira, MarzAttakz, Khephren) and I actually don't have a lot of the disks you mentioned! So it would be great if I could get my hands on these disks you all offered.. We have now sorted out the disks which I don't have, but how are we going to transfer all these disks? Any ideas?

The disks which I don't have then:

Akira:

The One coverdisks (and perhaps some information about the disks):
Apr 92
Nov 93
Dec 93
Jan 94
Feb 94
Mar 94
Dec 94

And perhaps detailed information of The One coverdisks:
Mar 92

Amiga Computing coverdisks:
- April 94 Disk a (I already have Disk b)
- Issues 45, 46, 47

Amiga Format:
- Disk 32

Amiga Action:
- Disk 26

Amiga User International:
Superdisk 28

MarzAttakz:

The One:
Jan 94 (+ descriptions if possible) (Apparently a different disk as Akira mentioned, but I would like it anyway, because I don't have it!)

CuAmiga:
Disk 18, 19, 21

Don't know if I have the Cu disk with Lotus III and Silly Putty, I don't have the time right now to check all my CuAmiga disks.. (87 disks..)

Public Domain:
- Any disk you have

So you do have some disks which I don't have yet, but you don't have the software to make adf's of them? Hmm.. Maybe in the near future you can?

Khephren:

Amiga Computing:
Workstation
July 91
September 91
November 91
January 92
March 92
May 92
June 92
August 92
October 92
December 92
February 93
October 93
August 94
September 94
October 94
November 94 (2)
March 95
November 95

Amiga Format:
Disk 14
Disk 16
Disk 17
Disk 18 (2)
Disk 21
Disk 23
Disk 24
Disk 28
Disk 30
Disk 60b

AUI
User Disk 2
User Disk 3
User Disk 4
User Disk 5
User Disk 6
Super Disk 9
Super Disk 10 (2)
Super Disk 13
Super Disk 14
Super Disk 30
Super Disk 45
HyperDisk 11

Amiga Shopper
Issue 33
Issue 34
Issue 47
Issue 49
Issue 50
Issue 51
Issue 57
Issue 60
Issue 61

Commodore User
Disk 32
Disk 100

Well, that's it!

Old 25 June 2001, 15:24   #26
icycool
Banned

Hmm, just scrolling past and noticed Khephren blabbing about a FORMAT command...don't u dare!!!.
TOSEC is currently in the process of acquiring a bunch of coverdisks for redump, we have about 6-700 on their way to us thru a few auctions and private collections. I don't know the contents as yet, but it should clean up a few of the 734 currently in the tosec Amiga Coverdisk DAT. Naturally, the more the merrier, so if anyone would like to dump their coverdisks and submit them to TOSEC, that would be great.
Old 25 June 2001, 16:45   #27
Khephren

Blabbing?! I was trying to state that I need the disks more than the contents as regards to coverdisks.

Ok I won't format them.

They make better tea coasters and frisbees!

Old 25 June 2001, 16:55   #28
icycool
Banned

GRRRRRRRRRR, ur winding me up

Disks these days aren't worth shit, except for whats on them

By the way, i would like ur upd gold and level 6 sometime, i have a few cd's worth trading :P
Old 23 January 2005, 20:26   #29
Photon

Anyone know a company that sells 880K (DD) 3.5" disks nowadays? If you know a company in Sweden, all the better for me.
Old 29 July 2010, 14:01   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thread necromancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Mar 94
Disk a - Benefactor Demo / Ork Attack PD / Polymorf PD
Disk b - Championship Manager Italia Demo / Premier Picks PD
I know the chances are slim that you can remember/still have that disk, but is the version of Ork Attack on disk A the same as this HOL entry : http://hol.abime.net/5384 ?
Old 02 August 2010, 23:36   #31
garethk

Hmm... I think they may be different games. I don't recall the title screen or the sword in the coverdisk version. It has been ten years since I played the game, so I may be wrong.

Edit: The One Amiga coverdisk appears to be the first version that was distributed on the 17 Bit Software #2838 disk. Amiga Magazine Rack indicates it was reviewed in The One Amiga and Amiga Force. It indicates that Ork Attack: The Return was reviewed in Amiga Point of View #3.

Last edited by garethk; 02 August 2010 at 23:56. Reason: More information

Old 22 June 2021, 09:56   #32
MrDig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDig View Post
Great that you have The One issue December 94! Finally there is someone who has these disks

A bit strange that X-Fighter is on a coverdisk of December 94 because this unreleased game is also on a The One coverdisk of April 95.. This disk can be found on my site already...
Lol, exactly 21 years ago I posted this message, any chance I can link my very old posts to my current account? I'm wondering what else I was talking about 21 years ago.

To prove it's me I restored a small portion of my old coverdisk site on my personal url: https://poelstra.org/amigacoverdisks/index.shtml