English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 14 September 2021, 10:28   #1
HankVB

Roll eyes (sarcastic) P61 playing toooooo slow

Hi all,
I'm coding my first 'demo' at the time. I have trouble converting my tunes to p61 format. I use PT135 and have as welltrie PT361 but its always the same result. When converted the track plays well in p61.a but when I include it in my democode the music is playing much toooo sloooow. I'm using the vscode extension by Bartman/Abyss and the included player routine. I've tried other tunes which work, but for example Photon's tune from ASMKSKOOL has the same playing problems after converting (only in my demo). Anyone got hints what I may mess up?
In my tune I set the tempo via a tracker-command. If I don't use the tracker-command the tunes plays well in p61.a and in my demo.
Anyone got hints what I miss here?

Thanks
Hank
Old 14 September 2021, 10:53   #2
a/b

It looks like your mod is using set tempo commands (Fxx where xx is 20-ff) which requires CIA mode, and you are playing it in VBL mode (supports only set speed commands F00-F1f, anything higher will slow it down significantly).
Either configure your pt61 to use CIA mode (set P61mode to 1, VBL is 2) or filter out problematic Fxx. The latter could break your mod if it's using non-default tempo (it will play too slow and/or too fast). Often there's only one at the start of the song, and if it's F7d (7d=125 default tempo) simply remove it and use VBL mode. Otherwise you'll have to use CIA mode to play it at proper speed.