English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 13 April 2021, 20:51   #1
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
AmigaStore.eu

I am of course discussing the following webpage business based in Spain:

https://amigastore.eu/

Has anyone had any experience with ordering things from these good people?

I placed an order with them totalling nearly £100 on the 28th March this year. They've taken payment, but I don't even know if they've sent my order out or not. I've tried sending them messages to this effect, with no reply from them.

Have i lost my money?

I appreciate this is Post Brexit, which as anyone could have predicted, has caused the UK havoc with getting anything from the EU. The people at this site even said as much within 24hrs of me placing my order when they emailed me to tell me as such. Things may be bad just because of Brexit, and beforehand was just fine. I don't know.

All i know is i've paid out nearly £100, and nearly three weeks later I have nothing to show for it, not even any further communications from the site runners.
Rissy is offline  
Old 13 April 2021, 21:13   #2
Estrayk
Registered User

Estrayk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 274
I know them very well. They are professional people. write them an email and I'm sure they will answer you.
Estrayk is offline  
Old 13 April 2021, 21:41   #3
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
I know them very well. They are professional people. write them an email and I'm sure they will answer you.
I'm glad to hear it. I have written them an email. They've not responded. I'll give it another couple of days and try again. It would be better if they kept me in the loop so that i didn't have to chase them. It may not even be their fault. But without even receiving advice that they've even posted my order, i'm left guessing to what the status of my order is.
Rissy is offline  
Old 13 April 2021, 22:03   #4
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 43
Posts: 6,424
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Pain caused by brexit is enormous on both sides. I am really unhappy trading with UK now.
Predseda is offline  
Old 13 April 2021, 22:09   #5
source
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 712
I ordered a number of capacitor packs for a number of my Amigas. Just before Christmas. The shipped quickly. I wonder if this is due to COVID restrictions.
source is offline  
Old 13 April 2021, 23:02   #6
deladrevoc
Not enough time

deladrevoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: England
Posts: 61
It's down to Brexit, at least that's what I've been told.

I ordered an SD card nearly two months ago, according to amigastore.eu HMRC are yet to issue them with a VAT number, despite repeated requests.

They can be very slow to respond to email, but have offered to cancel my order and refund if I want
deladrevoc is offline  
Old 13 April 2021, 23:08   #7
nikosidis
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: oslo/norway
Posts: 817
I bought scsi2sd from them almost 1 year ago. Never arrived. I sent the mail many times and mostly they do not reply. The last I heard from them is that they will replace the order if it did not come in 2 weeks. That was around november last year. I sent them mail after those 2 weeks but they do not reply. I have given up. I try to not buy from them. Not that many alternatives. I bought other stuff from them that arrived. Never had a problem with sending from amigakit even if they can be slow.
nikosidis is offline  
Old 14 April 2021, 00:06   #8
jurassicman
Registered User

jurassicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sassari/Italy
Posts: 359
I've bought many times from them, never had an issue and I got my messages replied always very soon. Have you tried to write them from the contact form on their website?
jurassicman is offline  
Old 14 April 2021, 00:38   #9
nikosidis
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: oslo/norway
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicman View Post
I've bought many times from them, never had an issue and I got my messages replied always very soon. Have you tried to write them from the contact form on their website?

Yes, both that and directly. I know they are fast when everything is ok. When it is not ok they do not reply. They could see from the tracking that the package never arrived.
nikosidis is offline  
Old 14 April 2021, 11:42   #10
Puni/Void
Registered User
Puni/Void's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
I am of course discussing the following webpage business based in Spain:

https://amigastore.eu/

Has anyone had any experience with ordering things from these good people?

I placed an order with them totalling nearly £100 on the 28th March this year. They've taken payment, but I don't even know if they've sent my order out or not. I've tried sending them messages to this effect, with no reply from them.

Have i lost my money?

I appreciate this is Post Brexit, which as anyone could have predicted, has caused the UK havoc with getting anything from the EU. The people at this site even said as much within 24hrs of me placing my order when they emailed me to tell me as such. Things may be bad just because of Brexit, and beforehand was just fine. I don't know.

All i know is i've paid out nearly £100, and nearly three weeks later I have nothing to show for it, not even any further communications from the site runners.
Hi Rissy,

When I experienced the same problem with Amigastore.eu, I made a phone call to them and got an explanation right away. Might be worth a try? You can find the numbers on the "About Us" page.
Puni/Void is offline  
Old 14 April 2021, 18:40   #11
-Acid-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Shields
Posts: 800
I bought X-surf from them a few years ago no problem and more recently last year I bought an A4000 Mediator from there (£340ish) and it came in a couple of days, they always replied to my emails quickly too.
-Acid- is offline  
Old 14 April 2021, 18:45   #12
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
Thanks for all the headsup of what sounds like positive news/feedback. I'm putting this down to Brexit, but it would still be nice for them to voluntarily keep me in the loop of knowledge. I still don't even know if they've posted my stuff out yet. They've never provided a tracking number. So for all i know, they could still be doing stupid (but necessary) Brexit paperwork, unable to even send it until this is done. It would be nice for them to at least reply to my emails.

I'll perhaps try phoning them instead.
Rissy is offline  
Old 16 April 2021, 09:38   #13
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
I gave these guys another email. Still no reply two days later. Funnily enough i've had two automated emails from them requesting for me to review my purchases.
Rissy is offline  
Old 16 April 2021, 10:16   #14
polomint
Registered User

polomint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nelson, Lancashire, UK
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
I gave these guys another email. Still no reply two days later. Funnily enough i've had two automated emails from them requesting for me to review my purchases.
I had this exact same issue a couple of weeks ago (and have had the same previously in the year). They finally replied after I spammed them relentlessly

I received the same answer regarding Brexit, so cancelled the order and bought it elsewhere for now.

I've dealt with them before all this and they have always been great, I expect they are as frustrated as we are, so would either cancel the order or wait it out, although I wouldn't expect things to improve for a while :/
polomint is offline  
Old 16 April 2021, 14:10   #15
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
Showing my view on it by the remarks i'm about to make, and not wanting to get political in an environment that it isn't suited for...

Brexit was always going to be a mess. I didn't want it. But i'm having to suffer from it the same as everyone else. Mark my words, we'll be paying for it throughout the rest of my working career (the time that matters most to the majority of us) before it *potentially* gets any better. It'll hit us all where it matters most. Our wallets.

I'm big in the classic car environment too, and often use websites to buy car parts etc. Some of the websites i'm used to using, even ones with .co.uk extensions literally over night on the internet, blocked UK customers from ordering or even looking at their products online!

As for Ebay. I've had things in my wish list on Ebay for a long time, and the price never changed in all that time, and then suddenly at 00:01 on the 1st of January, they jumped up in price by 25%. Example. Something which used to be around the £50 mark, was, and still is now £62!

This is more a time than ever that we should all be coming closer together, not becoming more separatist! That's all i've got to say on it.

I'll keep spamming AmigaStore.eu then. Sigh.
Rissy is offline  
Old 16 April 2021, 19:15   #16
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
Showing my view on it by the remarks i'm about to make, and not wanting to get political in an environment that it isn't suited for...

Brexit was always going to be a mess. I didn't want it. But i'm having to suffer from it the same as everyone else. Mark my words, we'll be paying for it throughout the rest of my working career (the time that matters most to the majority of us) before it *potentially* gets any better. It'll hit us all where it matters most. Our wallets.

I'm big in the classic car environment too, and often use websites to buy car parts etc. Some of the websites i'm used to using, even ones with .co.uk extensions literally over night on the internet, blocked UK customers from ordering or even looking at their products online!

As for Ebay. I've had things in my wish list on Ebay for a long time, and the price never changed in all that time, and then suddenly at 00:01 on the 1st of January, they jumped up in price by 25%. Example. Something which used to be around the £50 mark, was, and still is now £62!

This is more a time than ever that we should all be coming closer together, not becoming more separatist! That's all i've got to say on it.

I'll keep spamming AmigaStore.eu then. Sigh.
That's weird, because you should always pay VAT. Either to the selling country (when UK was a member of the EU) or at the customs/border (when importing to UK after brexit).
duga is offline  
Old 22 April 2021, 11:51   #17
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
I finally got a reply from AmigaStore.eu last night after sending them again, another email yesterday afternoon. They whole heartedly apologised for the lack of response. This was apparently down to my emails going direct to their trash folder (not sure how this could be the case as i was using a combination of direct email to their sales team, and using their own website contact form. However, anyway, i got a reply.) They say they've still not shipped my order (nearly a month since placing it), but they now have the correct Brexit paper work for VAT stuff etc and that they are now proceeding to catch up with the "huge UK orders backlog" they have as a result of all the new complications.

My G/F thinks this is a lot of rubbish as her company are having 100% quick success for getting stuff into the UK from all over the EU, and she thinks this is more down to people not preparing for Brexit properly....or something. (not my words)

Anyway, i'm hoping my order will be shipped soon. I've asked them to confirm when it does get shipped, and to give me tracking information for it so that i can keep an eye on it.

Still looking forward to finally getting lots of goodies from them.
Rissy is offline  
Old 22 April 2021, 13:04   #18
deladrevoc
Not enough time

deladrevoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: England
Posts: 61
Thanks for the update, it gives me renewed hope.

An update from Individual Computers would seem to tally with AmigaStore.eu's response:

https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/33/it...ble-again.html
deladrevoc is offline  
Old 22 April 2021, 13:54   #19
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by deladrevoc View Post
Thanks for the update, it gives me renewed hope.

An update from Individual Computers would seem to tally with AmigaStore.eu's response:

https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/33/it...ble-again.html
Oh right, so possibly if i had ordered from AmigaStore.eu to the value MORE than £135, then my shipment could possibly have gone smoother and/or quicker? My order was just under £100. Now nearly a month later, with more appreciation of getting back into Amiga, i could have easily surpassed a value of £135 by lumping on much more goodies!
Rissy is offline  
Old 23 April 2021, 14:44   #20
Rissy
Registered User

Rissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Rugby UK
Posts: 213
Good news. I just had an email from AmigaStore.eu to advise that my order is now being prepared!
Rissy is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amigastore.eu communication Englyst Amiga scene 14 22 January 2019 15:06
Floppy drive power connector (on Amigastore's External Floppy Disk Drive Adapter) arkpandora support.Hardware 4 18 September 2017 23:41

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10845 seconds with 15 queries