English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 January 2005, 20:55   #1
overburn

config settings in WinUAE...

Hi, ive been using winUAE for a fair bit of time now, and what a great emulator it is, certainly revives my old skool memories of the good ol Amiga days.. Anyway, I see that GamebaseAMY has finaly had a release which im sooooooooooooo happy to see as ive never been able to get any other front end to work. I have everything set up correct in gamebase, and all the games are found etc etc, the problem comes when clicking on a game, and then winUAE loads up, and bascially thats it. Im confused about what settings I should be using as everytime I click on a game I have to manually load up a config Ive saved before but it doesn`t automatically choose the game I originaly clicked on in gamebase.

Im sure its something very simple, but I just cant find the answer anywhere

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
Kind Regards
Sam

Old 03 January 2005, 21:51   #2
thomas

Use_gui=no ?
Old 04 January 2005, 00:37   #3
overburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas
Use_gui=no ?
thanks for the reply, but unfortunately nope, even setting it at that im still getting the same problem, Just cant figure out where ive gone wrong

Regards
Sam

Old 09 January 2005, 13:57   #4
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Don't feel so bad, the solution is not at all obvious. Me and Runey are now combining our efforts so the next beta shouldn't have this problem. In the meantime here's how to fix your problem.

load gamebase amy and from the menu options select
GEMUS > WinUAE
another window will load and you will see an area with a lot of configuration text, this needs altering slightly

the second line should look like this at present

Set_CFG_Value(1||config_hardware||true)

simply change the true to false

then continue down the list until you find the use_gui line and change the yes to no

click ok and bye bye gui
Old 09 January 2005, 23:40   #5
CRiMSON!

I use mamewah as frontend for winuae, and with this neat util you can create configurations easily for each game. Maybe also usefull for gamebase (sorry never tried this)?
Old 10 January 2005, 00:43   #6
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Thanks, but that util creates seperate .uae files for each games
GameBase works simply by altering 1 config file, no need for several thousand config files cluttering up your directory
Old 10 January 2005, 03:26   #7
Runey
Survivor

This is a bit weird.

Toni split the config file in two a while back. Hardware and Host. Hardware for items like CPU, Chipset, ROM, RAM, Disk Drives and Hard Drives. Host for items like Sound, Graphics and GUI.

It was my unerstanding that setting config_hardware to true would mean that only items directly relating to hardware would be modified. Even if there were host items in that config. I have trialed that with options in sound and graphics and it works that way.

So you could set a default Host config, see quickstart, for everything and select a Hardware config for individual games (e.g. via GameBase)

For some reason which I can't pick right now, I can't get usegui to turn off except using the method described by Belgarath. Unfortunately this means that if there are any items within the GameBase config that you don't like you would have to modify them in GameBase to get rid of them. e.g. Sound and Graphics settings. Although most of these 'useless' settings will be removed in the future, they are there right now for my / and others debugging purposes.

You should be able to set a default Host config with usegui turned to off and then use the GameBase config as is. BUT IT DON'T WORK

So I'm either being dopey or something weird is going on. Maybe Toni Wilen can shed more light on it.
Old 10 January 2005, 15:04   #8
overburn

Thanks Belgarath, it now looks to load up, then I get a DING, and blank screen with nothing, pressing escape just brings me back to WinUAE.

I had looked at that MameWAH as im running an arcade machine with mame, was hoping to use the Amiga on the arcade aswell and the only frontend ive come across that seems to be the saviour is.. GamebaseAMY whereas i understand the MAMEWAH tweak will only run one game at a time. Its early days, I know gamebaseAMY be sorted in the near future .

Old 10 January 2005, 21:11   #9
Runey
Survivor

Toni Wilin has found a small bug which meant the 'usegui' config setting was checked to early. This meant even if you had it turned off in your host config it was overwritten.

He's just got to decide whether it's worth fixing or not. Fixing it could introduce other problems that may cause even more grief. That and time of course.

The workaround described by Belgarath is best for now.
Old 19 January 2005, 10:50   #10
Myriel

Go to http://www.screenshotarchive.com/downloads_emus.htm and get
winuae_fe ( also take a look at the tutorial how to set it up) to use in mamewah.
Greetings