English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 January 2020, 18:19   #21
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I used to write games in BASIC on the ZX spectrum, then later on i did found compilers and try to make them run faster; concept was simple and did not knew about how to move more enemies around; the most complex one was a maze game with the map stored in RAM in blocks as a "real" game and then i started a shoot'em up but at the time got lost on the design part on how to move proper enemy waves...
Old 31 January 2020, 18:24   #22
jmmijo

I helped work on the Maverick Backup Utility, mostly doing the documentation and testing etc....
Old 31 January 2020, 22:35   #23
Exodous

I released quite a few freeware utilities via disk swapping, BBS's and on Aminet. Some featured on magazine coverdisks and/or in magazine reviews. I still have physical copies of the magazines I knew about at the time which reviewed or featured my software and have found several I didn't know about on archive.org.

When I got into the BBS scene and also wrote quite a few Ami-Express BBS doors and a couple of BBS intros released under Xpress and O.T.T.

My only shareware utility (subsequently released as freeware when I sold up in 1996) made several hundred pounds which helped fund Amiga upgrades when I was a "poor" university student.

All programs I released were written in 100% assembler, but I did a lot of prototyping of concepts and algorithms using AMOS or C.

A few years ago, I spent many happy an hour with a PC and the 2-disk method reading my collection of 344 Amiga disks and converting them to ADF files. Recently, along with key backups of my source code I had made as lha archives, I have been able to find or reproduce full source code for every revision of my shareware utility which means I can build every version binary identical to the released versions from source. Having re-sourced the two cracked versions that were released, I can even produce them, though they fell for my tricks and whilst visually they were cracked, behind the scenes they were no more functional than the restricted trial versions.
Old 09 February 2020, 22:07   #24
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
My program called Joytest Written in AMOS in 1998. I still use it time to time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joytest.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	66142  
Old 11 February 2020, 13:34   #25
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
I wrote quite a few programs back in the day (pre-internet), I didn't consider them to be important enough to keep (I was an idiot).

More recently, I made the platform game Cornelius saves Christmas: [ Show youtube player ].
Old 24 February 2020, 16:49   #26
mnemo
MTN/SPT

My A3000 still has a collection of small tools, hacks, cracks and stuff I did, but it'd probably too embarrassing (and laborious) to release them... :-/
Old 24 February 2020, 17:10   #27
roondar

Apart from my Amiga Tech series on YouTube and my website, I've done a few games and utilities around 1996-2000.

They are nowhere near the same quality level as my more recent Amiga Tech stuff, but nonetheless they're all freely available on my website (source included).

For those interested: http://powerprograms.nl/
Old 01 March 2020, 09:20   #28
Twiggy
\m/

I haven't much to add other than appreciation for E-Penguin and alkis21's Christmas games!
Old 01 March 2020, 10:54   #29
kamelito
Zone Friend

Just patches and little demos for ourselves. The only thing I put on Aminet was a tool who removed the borders on the icons If the OS >= 2.0 it was the first to do that others copied sometimes with credits sometimes without.
http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/NoFillNoDraw