English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 January 2012, 15:49   #1
Foebane
Banned

Auto window resize woes

I recently upgraded to Amiga Forever 2012 and I have discovered some kind of annoying bug, or supposed feature.

When the emulator is in a window, the window will resize to contain what is on the Amiga screen, resulting in a momentary pause. This wouldn't be much of an issue normally, but the fizzy copper pattern that comes when games are decompressing really plays havoc with this facility.

What's more, I'm certain that the resize affects the sound output as well. I record with "output" directly to a WAV file, and yet sometimes the sound changes pitch, like it's being played from a cassette tape and the tape has slowed down for a moment.

Is there any way to fix these two problems and let AF retain the new settings? Or is AF the one imposing this configuration?
Old 09 January 2012, 16:05   #2
diablothe2nd

I was having this trouble with the Jesus on E's demo last night. it has to be run fullscreen to stop the music skipping.

Well annoying. I hope they fix it!
Old 09 January 2012, 16:26   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Is there any way to fix these two problems and let AF retain the new settings? Or is AF the one imposing this configuration?
Not sure about AF, but you can change that behaviour on the 'Filter' panel within WinUAE.
Old 10 January 2012, 15:26   #4
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Not sure about AF, but you can change that behaviour on the 'Filter' panel within WinUAE.
Maybe, but it won't retain the settings next time it's run, will it? At least that's the experience I've had.
Old 10 January 2012, 15:29   #5
Mclane
Old retro god.

Can't say I like AF, I tried it but found the direct configuration under Winuae much easier to deal with. As a front end for WinUae its pretty but that about all you can say about it.

Just use Winuae directly I say, well that is unless Toni gets some income from AF?
Old 10 January 2012, 17:47   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Maybe, but it won't retain the settings next time it's run, will it? At least that's the experience I've had.
Hopefully someone knows how it should work in AF, but for 'normal' WinUAE I'd just save that setting into a configuration file called 'default.uae'.