English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 17 March 2021, 13:39   #41
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
I don't know about the other versions, but it's the full game all right, the TOT files are arranged differently that's all. A DOS version without any executable would miss some files (let's assume that particular version would require the French equivalent to work properly), but this one doesn't. It's a pirated copy from a pack assembled by an Argentinean team that contains only full games (some of which bear old viruses ).
Also, I don't think the game was ever released in English.
Good luck!
I am not sure. you should ask a spanish speaking person to test the whdload version with the four files.

But I doubt that it is complete (the sizes of the 4 files are similar to those of the FR & GE versions which have 7 TOT files...)

Last edited by CFou!; 17 March 2021 at 15:25.
Old 17 March 2021, 15:12   #42
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
As SyX said, it's not necessary to speak Spanish fluently to play and complete the game. The showstopper consists in the action sequences : Defeat the Indians, go a little further in the game, then another action sequence occurs (to fight the bandit), which is even more unfair and tedious. That's what I just did with the DOS version I uploaded, dialogues were in Spanish all the way, and it's already half of the game through (step 22 out of 37).
I understand some of your contributions were made in cooperation with dlfrsilver who happens to be a fan of the CPC. Well, as with many CPC games, you should be aware of that fact that it's possible to insert pokes. Can the pokes from the CPC (infinite strength or infinite bullets) be translated into cheats for a 16-bit port of said game ?
With infinite strength (or less hits required for a given enemy), I can guarantee I can complete any version of the game. Of course, I can't be 100% sure, but I am 99% positive any version can be completed including the Spanish version, action sequences aside.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 17 March 2021 at 16:09.
Old 17 March 2021, 16:32   #43
CFou!

______________DE size_____FR Size_______SP size (PC)
Blue1,tot______19281_______19282_______19016
Bleu2.tot______11897_______11778_______11621
Blue3,tot______8028________7966________ 7852
Bleu4.tot______14939_______14870_______-
Blue56,tot_____10011_______9806________-
Blue7,tot______6975________6714________-
Bleu8.tot______6567________6559________6500

it's curious than SP files are similar length while FR/DE version but there are 3 missing files....

above, the specific texts of FR & DE versions (quickly translated via google translation) of Tot4,56 & 7 files missing it seems in SP version....

TOT4
Our situation is not very bright, Jimmy ... Very little food and not much more ammunition ... ¨ Fortunately we were able to find water because it is rare around here. ¨ Esp ce d 'drunk! Where do you go out that bottle of gnole? ¨ Another chance that I was able to save a, son! .. ¨ Hi, Hi! Come on son, just a drink, just to cheer up! ... ¨ To the health of all the brave "evil spirits" who haunt this satan e mountain! ¨ JIMMY! By the devils! What was that? ¨ A thousand polecats! It was scary! ¨ In my life as a trail runner, never have I heard a human being scream so horribly. ¨ ... The thing that the Apaches call the specter of the Mesa and which kills anyone who dares to venture here. ¨ Sacred name of a skunk! I am starting to wonder if this is really a superstition ... ¨ We are being shot Jimmy! And it doesn ' was not Wally's winch ! ¨ Yeah! It looked like a strong caliber! ¨ Well specter or not, I think we will have to face it!

TOT56
Teuffel !!! That bullet almost got us off! But look ... it's gold! ¨ Prosit! you are going to pay this treachery! Old mangy carne !!! ¨ More dead than alive, Prosit starts climbing the dune, Suddenly ... ¨ HIMMEL !!! ¨ The soul of the man who d covered the mine. His specter is watching jealously. ¨ Gold somewhere in the dark ... ¨ AAARHG !!! A rattle snake ... He bit me! ¨ When leaving the rocky cirque ¨ Not a drop of water in sight at the bottom of this canyon ... That's it, I'm rep r ... ¨ That's not all ... We'll have to climb up there! ¨ By all the devils of hell! There, the specter, he is there, he sleeps. This time he can't escape me. ¨ Touch !!! for a specter, he does not like my balls ...

TO7
??Wally and Prosit have surely had, like us, to wipe the shot of the forcen ... ¨ Let’s keep our eyes open! We are approaching their bivouac ¨ Weird! No traces of combat, but prints of bare feet ... ¨ MIKE! UPPER! ONE BODY! ¨ Blueberry! ... Mac Clure! ... Old scoundrel of Luckner who murdered me! He put a snake in my boot! ¨ We must catch up with him ... He is looking for ... the mine! ... THE MINE! ... THE GOLD! ... ¨ Calm down, Wally ! ¨ ATTENTION! ... D ... DANGER ... THE ... SPECTRUM ... IT GUARDS THE MINE ... IT ATTACKED US! .. ... BULLETS OF OR ... ¨ ... He should read! ... ¨ He is dead! ... ¨ Do not stay there, thousand polecat! ... The vultures! They are spinning d j. ¨ A golden ball! Hey! I wonder if Wally d would really read ... ¨ A gold bullet! Pure gold! Where can that gold come from? ¨ Probably the bullets of the madman who haunts the mesa ... and who shot us ... ¨ Until now I was convinced that Prosit had invented this fabulous face but I am starting to believe it ... ¨ In the meantime, this bloody rat is still running ... ¨ with one more corpse his active ... ¨ This basin looks dead end; Where could this scoundrel from Prosit pass? ¨ Come on, Jimmy! We're going to dig into every square inch of it! ¨ Not the slightest flaw! Yet this damn passage must exist! ¨ Hey Mike! Come and see a little over here ... I think that I found the passage ¨ DAMN! Stop bawling like a piglet! No need to alert our bird ... ¨ But it is obstructed by this big stone! ¨ He did not come l all alone! ¨ In the meantime, no way to pass. And this block must weigh tons! ¨ A few cartridges of dynamite would have been enough to house it ¨ That's it I got my hands on Luckner's reserve! ¨ A few cartridges explosive will come end! ¨ That's it! The passage is free! ¨ On the way! We will see what d mouth! ¨C to be cried damnly! Gonna have to go back stomachs! ¨ No traces! The ground is too hard; but he could only go through l! ¨ MIKE! You saw what I found. Looks like a message ... ¨ It is written with BISON BLOOD! ... ¨ Let's put away- the! We will figure it out when we are more calm
Old 17 March 2021, 16:35   #44
CFou!

______________DE size_____FR Size_______SP size (PC)
Blue1,tot______19281_______19282_______19016
Bleu2.tot______11897_______11778_______11621
Blue3,tot______8028________7966________ 7852
Bleu4.tot______14939_______14870_______-
Blue56,tot_____10011_______9806________-
Blue7,tot______6975________6714________-
Bleu8.tot______6567________6559________6500

it's curious the four SP files had similar length than FR/DE version while there are missing 3 files....

above, the specific textes of FR & DE version (quickly translate via google translation) of Tot4,56 & 7 files missing it seems in SP version

TOT4
Our situation is not very bright, Jimmy ... Very little food and not much more ammunition ... ¨ Fortunately we were able to find water because it is rare around here. ¨ Esp ce d 'drunk! Where do you go out that bottle of gnole? ¨ Another chance that I was able to save a, son! .. ¨ Hi, Hi! Come on son, just a drink, just to cheer up! ... ¨ To the health of all the brave "evil spirits" who haunt this satan e mountain! ¨ JIMMY! By the devils! What was that? ¨ A thousand polecats! It was scary! ¨ In my life as a trail runner, never have I heard a human being scream so horribly. ¨ ... The thing that the Apaches call the specter of the Mesa and which kills anyone who dares to venture here. ¨ Sacred name of a skunk! I am starting to wonder if this is really a superstition ... ¨ We are being shot Jimmy! And it doesn ' was not Wally's winch ! ¨ Yeah! It looked like a strong caliber! ¨ Well specter or not, I think we will have to face it!

TOT56
Teuffel !!! That bullet almost got us off! But look ... it's gold! ¨ Prosit! you are going to pay this treachery! Old mangy carne !!! ¨ More dead than alive, Prosit starts climbing the dune, Suddenly ... ¨ HIMMEL !!! ¨ The soul of the man who d covered the mine. His specter is watching jealously. ¨ Gold somewhere in the dark ... ¨ AAARHG !!! A rattle snake ... He bit me! ¨ When leaving the rocky cirque ¨ Not a drop of water in sight at the bottom of this canyon ... That's it, I'm rep r ... ¨ That's not all ... We'll have to climb up there! ¨ By all the devils of hell! There, the specter, he is there, he sleeps. This time he can't escape me. ¨ Touch !!! for a specter, he does not like my balls ...

TO7
??Wally and Prosit have surely had, like us, to wipe the shot of the forcen ... ¨ Let’s keep our eyes open! We are approaching their bivouac ¨ Weird! No traces of combat, but prints of bare feet ... ¨ MIKE! UPPER! ONE BODY! ¨ Blueberry! ... Mac Clure! ... Old scoundrel of Luckner who murdered me! He put a snake in my boot! ¨ We must catch up with him ... He is looking for ... the mine! ... THE MINE! ... THE GOLD! ... ¨ Calm down, Wally ! ¨ ATTENTION! ... D ... DANGER ... THE ... SPECTRUM ... IT GUARDS THE MINE ... IT ATTACKED US! .. ... BULLETS OF OR ... ¨ ... He should read! ... ¨ He is dead! ... ¨ Do not stay there, thousand polecat! ... The vultures! They are spinning d j. ¨ A golden ball! Hey! I wonder if Wally d would really read ... ¨ A gold bullet! Pure gold! Where can that gold come from? ¨ Probably the bullets of the madman who haunts the mesa ... and who shot us ... ¨ Until now I was convinced that Prosit had invented this fabulous face but I am starting to believe it ... ¨ In the meantime, this bloody rat is still running ... ¨ with one more corpse his active ... ¨ This basin looks dead end; Where could this scoundrel from Prosit pass? ¨ Come on, Jimmy! We're going to dig into every square inch of it! ¨ Not the slightest flaw! Yet this damn passage must exist! ¨ Hey Mike! Come and see a little over here ... I think that I found the passage ¨ DAMN! Stop bawling like a piglet! No need to alert our bird ... ¨ But it is obstructed by this big stone! ¨ He did not come l all alone! ¨ In the meantime, no way to pass. And this block must weigh tons! ¨ A few cartridges of dynamite would have been enough to house it ¨ That's it I got my hands on Luckner's reserve! ¨ A few cartridges explosive will come end! ¨ That's it! The passage is free! ¨ On the way! We will see what d mouth! ¨C to be cried damnly! Gonna have to go back stomachs! ¨ No traces! The ground is too hard; but he could only go through l! ¨ MIKE! You saw what I found. Looks like a message ... ¨ It is written with BISON BLOOD! ... ¨ Let's put away- the! We will figure it out when we are more calm
Old 17 March 2021, 17:33   #45
SquawkBox

So I played the Spanish CPC version (emulator used : CaPriCe Forever) and it seems the end is missing indeed. After Step 26, there is no message displayed (step 27 : "Read the message"). Instead, the game starts all over again. So, as I suggested, instead of a full Spanish version, maybe you could use the French files as a substitute for the three missing files to be able to end the game nonetheless. The fact that it's spread on 2 disks doesn't change the fact that it's missing those TOT files.
For the record, after 10 hits one wins an action sequence, versus 15 hits for the 16-bit versions. The CPC versions action sequences are easier to achieve because the game runs at a much slower pace. In DOS, it's almost insane. Maybe slowing down the emulation (CPU Cycles) in DOSBox could help somehow.
Old 17 March 2021, 19:34   #46
SquawkBox

Finally, I defeated the bandito from the DOS version! You must shoot in a burst starting at the left, close to the target. The recoil will make your shooting deviate to the rightside of the screen. If you shoot right at the target you will miss, yeah don't ask . When he is standing, he's almost invincible so you must prepare yourself while he ducks.
SyX was right, right in the middle of the game, the Spanish DOS version asks for the second floppy, which is missing from the Argentinean archive (cf. screenshot). So our only hope is someone still owning the box version bearing physical floppies in good condition.

Don't hesitate CFOU! if you need more testing.
Old 21 March 2021, 16:34   #47
rygar

check this version:
https://ia803006.us.archive.org/12/i...BAction%5D.zip
Old 30 March 2021, 15:59   #48
rygar

Anyone checked if version from archive.org is ok?
Old 30 March 2021, 16:27   #49
CFou!

it's not correct the missing spanish TOT files are replaced by french TOT files...