English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 January 2006, 15:24   #1
keropi

Question HELP with german language and installation of a aga-rtg switch by Multimedia Design

Ok, after 2+ months of post office delays, I finally received a Multimedia Design aga/rtg switch! BBOAH used to have it listed, along with a mention of a cable the user can install so this switch becomes an automatic one, perhaps like the picasso/piccolo ones!
The installation is pretty simple, 2 inputs + 1 output, but how do u switch modes? there is a set of 4 pins plus a jumper (see the pictures) but their description is in German, anyone can help? anyone has this switch?
Thanx!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image(017).jpg
Views:	330
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	10005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image(018).jpg
Views:	318
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	10006  
Old 04 January 2006, 16:11   #2
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi
Ok, after 2+ months of post office delays, I finally received a Multimedia Design aga/rtg switch! BBOAH used to have it listed, along with a mention of a cable the user can install so this switch becomes an automatic one, perhaps like the picasso/piccolo ones!
The installation is pretty simple, 2 inputs + 1 output, but how do u switch modes? there is a set of 4 pins plus a jumper (see the pictures) but their description is in German, anyone can help? anyone has this switch?
Thanx!
Nice thing you got there my greek friend
Did it come with VGa connectors for those connectors on the board or do you plan to connect them in another way?
Using Digital, manual switch here which is good but an auto switch would rock
Old 04 January 2006, 16:30   #3
thomas

The four pins are assigned like this:

ab
ba

You can use either two (one a and one b) to connect a switch or a push-button.

The three pin jumper decides whether you use a switch or a button: 1-2 = switch, 2-3 = button.

By default there should be a cable with a push-button coming with the board and the jumper should be set to button. So just connect the cable and pass it to the outside of the case, then it works.

@AMIGAZ: the above is not an auto-switch either. It is just a manual switch for internal mounting.
Old 04 January 2006, 19:54   #4
keropi

damn, there is no switch inside!
there is a cable from vga->switch though, and you can connect the scandoubler's cable directly to this switch (at least my scandoubler connects directly)
but there was on bboah a cable sticking to make it auto-switch... perhaps someone knows about it?
Old 04 January 2006, 19:59   #5
keropi

that's what BBOAH used to have:

A monitor switcher for the Amiga. The black wire shown in the pictures is not part of the original unit, but was added by the user to turn the unit into an auto-switcher. The 10pin connector on the left is the signal-input connector. Apparently this connector does not work with normal VGA inputs without modification. The multi-coloured cable is an optional VGA input.

I have the "optional" vga cable... the board is rev3, and as for the black wire, it's a mystery! lol
Old 04 January 2006, 20:03   #6
keropi

hey, there is a homepage!!!!

http://www.mmd-shop.de/m-switch.htm
Old 04 January 2006, 21:04   #7
thomas

Quote:
The black wire shown in the pictures is not part of the original unit, but was added by the user to turn the unit into an auto-switcher.
I guess the only way to get this is to find out who is "the user" and to ask him what he did. The board is clearly meant to be operated manually. The "black wire" is a hack.
Old 04 January 2006, 21:37   #8
keropi

yep, perhaps he connected it to some pin, so when the aga was turned on, it gave some voltage or something and that simulated a switch press... bah, gonna find a nice little switch and stick it on the keyboard or something

is there any place to buy a vga extension cable? the vga->to->switch cable is TOO short... very short, and I wonder WHY!
Old 05 January 2006, 14:33   #9
keropi

any way to make the dce flickermagic cable compatible with this switch??? damn, the wiring is different...
Old 05 January 2006, 22:41   #10
keropi

hey, for your info, this switch is GREAT!!!! only a minimal quality loss on 1024x768@70hz !!!! excellent product! you can order on its homepage.... a must have for rtg users... beats all other kvm switches I have tried...