English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 19 February 2021, 13:49   #21
Diestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Sure thing. Both my Amigas are in for repair, but I will post here once they are up.
That will be really appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 02 May 2021, 02:51   #22
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Hi DavidQ, was persuing the FTP tonight and found 3 directories that have MM400 disks in them. One uses the words 'orig' and the other 'PAL'. Downloaded them myself to have a look, but the directory to look in is /Non TOSEC Applications/Archive/

Diestro, I have still in the process of imaging these disks. MM200 has been sucessful, however MM210 and MM300 are proving difficult, with many disk read errors. I think these were not stored very well. I have dropped MM200 into the zone and is my folder in the uploads directory on the FTP. MM105 seems to not exist. It was hand written on one of the disks, but seems to be MM210.
Old 02 May 2021, 13:41   #23
DavidQ

Hi fxgogo,

Many thanks for the reminder to do something about this. I needed the nudge. :-)

I looked at the /Non TOSEC Applications/Archive when I did my original trawl through the file server but recall finding they were cracked versions.

However, I found a set of original floppy disks a while ago and managed to copy them but haven't tested the copies until today. The good news is.... they installed successfully on my Amiga. As they are un-cracked originals they require the original Green dongle to work. I have uploaded a copy of the ADFs to The Zone if someone else would like to upload them somewhere more permanent.

Cheers,

David
Old 03 May 2021, 02:42   #24
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Brilliant stuff, thanks DavidQ. I will continue on my side as it is always good to have backups from different sources. That reminds me, I need to sort out my dongles. That sou
Need wrong didn’t it?
Old 07 May 2021, 20:34   #25
Diestro

Quote:
Diestro, I have still in the process of imaging these disks. MM200 has been sucessful, however MM210 and MM300 are proving difficult, with many disk read errors. I think these were not stored very well. I have dropped MM200 into the zone and is my folder in the uploads directory on the FTP. MM105 seems to not exist. It was hand written on one of the disks, but seems to be MM210.
Thanks for sharing! Is there a way to log read errors to know which blocks may have wrong data? Maybe some of the images with errors could be matched against the available adf copies to verify/fix dubious sectors. That approach has been very useful to me while preserving D64 images.
Old 08 May 2021, 02:40   #26
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

That sounds like a good plan. I must check to see if GoADF supports this. Do you have a preferred ADF software package that does this?
Old 09 May 2021, 00:23   #27
Diestro

Quote:
Do you have a preferred ADF software package that does this?
I haven't done much ADF creation, since it's been a long time away from a real Amiga. But, given these are AmigaDOS disks, even if the ADF-creation package does not provide any kind of log, ADF-Workshop should be able to detect bad checksums on the troublesome blocks.

Will try some utilities within UAE and see if I can find anything helpful.
Old 11 May 2021, 16:36   #28
DavidQ

Hi Guys,

I have just uploaded ADF copies of the majority of my original Scala MM300 disks (1,2,4,5,6,7,8 and 9) to The Zone! The disks were copied to ADF format with tsgui which is available at https://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui

Unfortunately, my disk 3 original has errors but I managed to find a replacement ADF file on the EAB file server which closely matches it. FYI, the original disk 3 contains a single lha archive file of background graphics. The only difference appears to be an extra zero byte file on the EAB ADF which has a filename seemingly acting as a disk contents description/label.

I have also included a copy of my bad disk 3 with a log file of the checksum errors on it, just in case you would like to try re-building an 'original' disk 3 by copying individual tracks somehow.

Cheers,

David
Old 11 May 2021, 18:32   #29
Diestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
I have just uploaded ADF copies of the majority of my original Scala MM300 disks (1,2,4,5,6,7,8 and 9) to The Zone!
Awesome! Thanks
Old 11 May 2021, 20:05   #30
DavidQ

No worries.
Old 11 May 2021, 20:15   #31
DavidQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diestro View Post
I haven't done much ADF creation, since it's been a long time away from a real Amiga. But, given these are AmigaDOS disks, even if the ADF-creation package does not provide any kind of log, ADF-Workshop should be able to detect bad checksums on the troublesome blocks.

Will try some utilities within UAE and see if I can find anything helpful.

FYI...

TSGUI V2.2 is a great utility for creating or writing back image files (ADF/HDF) to disk which can detect bad checksums allowing you to manually create a log.
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui

SuperDuper V3.13 is a useful utility for physical disk to disk copying with user-configurable options for start/end cylinder and number of retries etc.
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/SD3V13
Old 12 May 2021, 16:59   #32
Diestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
TSGUI V2.2 is a great utility for creating or writing back image files (ADF/HDF) to disk which can detect bad checksums allowing you to manually create a log.
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui

SuperDuper V3.13 is a useful utility for physical disk to disk copying with user-configurable options for start/end cylinder and number of retries etc.
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/SD3V13
Much appreciated. Have a nice day!