English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 15 October 2020, 12:57   #281
Amiganout
Banned

There's a clear pattern here of Weaselrama personally attacking and calling for the banning of people who don't accept his point of view.

Why is nobody moderating him?

I'm new to this group and this is the first thread I found and it's obvious there's a toxic atmosphere here and in this thread Weaselrama is more guilty than anyone.

He's rude, he doesn't provide any better reason to accept what he says than he said so, he makes the discussion personal as soon as anybody doesn't agree with him and he's speaking with the puff and arrogance of somebody who is used to getting away with saying anything he likes.

If you have rules of group members making it personal then you shouldn't only moderate those people if they are making comments which aren't entirely pro-Amiga. The rules should apply to everybody, whether they're pro Amiga or not, or whether they're someone who's more involved in the Amiga elsewhere or not.

I notice Galahad can get away with making veiled threats to strangle people and that's ok. Why? Because he is in Fairlight?

So far with only this thread to go on it's like I've joined some twisted nationalist group and anybody who says "you know not all foreigners are awful" gets attacked and bundled out the door.

Moderators, get a grip. Stop giving people a pass no matter what they do as long as they're pro Amiga.
Old 15 October 2020, 13:11   #282
grond

Wow, how low can we go? First post about behavioural patterns of forum members, yeah, sure...
Old 15 October 2020, 14:38   #283
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Wow, how low can we go? First post about behavioural patterns of forum members, yeah, sure...

Yeah, no kidding. First Vascillious and now this guy. Nice thread ya got here, Grond. . Seriously, if you're not a fan of the Amiga there's only ONE reason to join an Amiga forum and it's probably not to see if anyone can change your mind. Let's sit back, grab some popcorn, and see what fuckery might be afoot.

I'm not sure I follow the logic of his asking why the mods haven't come down on me because I contacted a...mod. Mods have lives too and they thought the mod who locked the other thread was on top of this one before it got out of hand. No one's perfect, except, of course, the new guy who has us all figured out...
Old 15 October 2020, 15:10   #284
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiganout View Post
There's a clear pattern here of Weaselrama personally attacking and calling for the banning of people who don't accept his point of view.

Why is nobody moderating him?

I'm new to this group and this is the first thread I found and it's obvious there's a toxic atmosphere here and in this thread Weaselrama is more guilty than anyone.

He's rude, he doesn't provide any better reason to accept what he says than he said so, he makes the discussion personal as soon as anybody doesn't agree with him and he's speaking with the puff and arrogance of somebody who is used to getting away with saying anything he likes.

If you have rules of group members making it personal then you shouldn't only moderate those people if they are making comments which aren't entirely pro-Amiga. The rules should apply to everybody, whether they're pro Amiga or not, or whether they're someone who's more involved in the Amiga elsewhere or not.

I notice Galahad can get away with making veiled threats to strangle people and that's ok. Why? Because he is in Fairlight?

So far with only this thread to go on it's like I've joined some twisted nationalist group and anybody who says "you know not all foreigners are awful" gets attacked and bundled out the door.

Moderators, get a grip. Stop giving people a pass no matter what they do as long as they're pro Amiga.
Hello Vascillious

Yes I'm sure that when the moderators and everyone else that read my comment immediately thought, "my gods, someone is in danger from actual strangulation!!!"

I simply suggesting hugging him around the neck, your interpretation of what I was inferring, I couldnt possibly comment on.

You got banned, live with it, its against forum rules to make another account.

You dont actually want to be here, so think of it as EAB's care for the community.
Old 15 October 2020, 15:26   #285
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Hello Vascillious
Yeah, we figured. Going after you and me directly was kinda of a giveaway.
Old 15 October 2020, 15:30   #286
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselrama View Post
That's funny - I honestly thought YOU were acting just like Vascillious with your holier-than-thou attitude. You attacked Grond for the thread's title and purpose and really, all of us who at least tried to debate Vascillious and defend our favorite computer in a serious manner, believing for a time one could reach his intelligence. We are, after all, an Amiga community.
I have zero idea of how you can possibly have constructed any of this fictional image you depicted in your post from anything I said, starting from me "attacking" grond, which I did not. If by attack you mean "I somewhat disagreed with the post's goal", then, well man, I feel really sorry for you.

Quote:
I was the contributor who contacted the Mod, had a dialogue with him, and requested Vascillious be banned, not for his opinion, but for his insulting attitude toward other contributors. I didn't advertise it. He contacted me and gave me his own opinion and that he'd have a talk with Vascillious in private. I followed up with him and he gave me his reason for finally banning him. Happy?
I don't even understand why you mention this at all. Again, you went off the handle.

Quote:
So here you come in, in the aftermath, pointing fingers like you're above it all. You should go back and actually read what you wrote. To hear you tell it, you never even heard of the Amiga. You're not affected (or infected) by all the fanboism - you can take the Amiga or leave it which is why you would never get your hands dirty with a guy like Vascillious - which just leaves us fanboys, apparently.

Quote:
You never heard of the PT-1210 tracker either, like it was the result of a one-night stand and you don't want to pay child support.
Even more confused here, what the fuck are you actually talking about here? I don't know my own software?
And PT-1210 is not a tracker, maybe you should try to use it first before talking about it.

Quote:
Good grief. I have promoted the PT-1210 tracker on other forums as a great effort and a demonstration that the Amiga is still being supported by talented coders and your attitude is "shhh, don't tell anybody about it. It'll make us sound like we take the Amiga seriously or that we're fanboys or that we even like Mods as a digital music medium and we don't want people to laugh at us." Well, don't worry, I won't make that mistake again.
You're literally making shit up. I never said such a thing.
I am sure I am not alone in questioning every day why we put so much effort into making good stuff for the Amiga for free, for someone like you to act this way in return.

Maybe if you do love Amiga as much as you say you do, you shouldn't act this way toward other people that do too.

It just looks to me like you are just looking for a fight. Now that Vascillious has been banned, you pointed your target at me. Maybe take your frustrations out somewhere/somehow else.
Old 15 October 2020, 16:01   #287
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I have zero idea of how you can possibly have constructed any of this fictional image you depicted in your post from anything I said, starting from me "attacking" grond, which I did not. If by attack you mean "I somewhat disagreed with the post's goal", then, well man, I feel really sorry for you.

I don't even understand why you mention this at all. Again, you went off the handle.

Even more confused here, what the fuck are you actually talking about here? I don't know my own software?
And PT-1210 is not a tracker, maybe you should try to use it first before talking about it.

You're literally making shit up. I never said such a thing.
I am sure I am not alone in questioning every day why we put so much effort into making good stuff for the Amiga for free, for someone like you to act this way.

Maybe if you do love Amiga as much as you say you do, you shouldn't act this way toward other people that do too.

It just looks to me like you are just looking for a fight. Now that Vascillious has been banned, you pointed your target at me. Maybe take your frustrations out somewhere/somehow else.
First, yes, I know PT-1210 isn't a tracker because you can't write with it. That said, Delitracker isn't a tracker either but "tracker" seems to be an all-in-one catch-all name for players which feature pattern scrolling.

Secondly, you're taking yourself way too seriously. You know damned well my comments about PT-1210 at the time were meant with the greatest respect. How many times do I have to say it's a great application? You're the one who then came back with, "how many people use it, 10?" or however you put it as if you yourself don't take it seriously. What are we to make of the way you promote it on your homepage? Now you're pissed that I called you out for your rather confusing attitude toward your own work and how cleverly you distance yourself from the community, as if being an Amiga fan is something you don't want to advertise. Now it's my turn:

Thirdly, you came in here for the express purpose of being judgemental against those of us who engaged Vascillious, but what did YOU do to put a stop to it all? Nothing. You were right, of course, about one thing. I shouldn't have had to contact a mod - they should have already taken care of Vascillious but they didn't. I didn't want to mention it or mention I was the one who contacted the mod (whom I won't name without his permission) because frankly, after the whole Apollo affair and the number of people who got warned/ banned, I didn't want to get on their shit list for suggesting they weren't doing their job. Frankly, I think it was just a misunderstanding since Lilalurl had already been involved but she has a life as they all do, and it just fell through the cracks.

...and yeah, I don't care how innocent you think your comments to Grond were, you were out of line to suggest creating such a thread was a mistake. He and others tried to explain their positions but you sat on your high-horse and were having none of it.

I don't really understand your agenda but engaging you is just going to get me in trouble and I don't need it. If you have any doubts whether I've promoted PT-1210MK1, I refer you to Facebook, "The Amiga Computer" group and "Amiga Classic Software" (Amitopia's Michal Bergseth's group) back on (or around) the date when PT-1210Mk1 was released and you'll find my posted video of PT-1210 in action and the praise I gave it.

I and others also tried to pull this thread back on topic after Vascillious' departure where some very kind contributors fielded my Shapeshifter questions. The ability of the Amiga 1000 to run an early version of a Mac emulator is certainly an example of things an Amiga could do better than a contemporary PC.

Now, Akira - are you going to contribute anything to the thread's topic or just slap us around over Vascillious?
Old 15 October 2020, 17:02   #288
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiganout View Post
[...] I'm new to this group and this is the first thread I found [...]

Old 15 October 2020, 17:23   #289
d4rk3lf

Old 15 October 2020, 17:51   #290
grond

Is that the CGA-version of the comment?
Old 15 October 2020, 17:57   #291
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Is that the CGA-version of the comment?
Yup.
[ Show youtube player ]

It was quite easy, only 5 colors.
Old 15 October 2020, 18:10   #292
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Hmmm, several pages off-topic. I guess it is time for a lockdown, especially with the week-end coming soon. If one of us mods has time we might do some clean up and re-open the thread but don't take this as a promise.
Old 15 October 2020, 18:29   #293
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Hello Vascillious

Yes I'm sure that when the moderators and everyone else that read my comment immediately thought, "my gods, someone is in danger from actual strangulation!!!"

I simply suggesting hugging him around the neck, your interpretation of what I was inferring, I couldnt possibly comment on.

You got banned, live with it, its against forum rules to make another account.

You dont actually want to be here, so think of it as EAB's care for the community.
Such a shame VPNs exist and email addresses can be created in an instant.

But you do have to laugh at a troll, moaning about other people.

If you reregister, again, 'Amiganout' try and be a bit smarter, you may survive longer before we realise it's you.

First post, continuing the argument is a dead giveaway.

And regards you point, there is a "report post" button for a reason, but it's obvious what you came here to do, so I hope you had your "fun" and will now move on to troll other 'inferior to PC' platforms fan forums.