English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 19 May 2021, 23:03   #1
Bannon

Changing Configuration Set By OpenRetroDB (ORDB)

I have a game, Balance of Power: The 1990 Edition, whose FS-UAE configuration was set by information in the ORDB and I need to change it. ORDB sets the model to A600 with Kickstart 2.05 and the game abends shortly after starting with the error in the attached image. However, when I override the model and Kickstart to A1200 and 3.1 respectively the game runs fine. My question is, how can I permanently override the ORDB settings for this and other games that may have issues?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOP1990 Error.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	72002  
Old 19 May 2021, 23:40   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

You did the right thing in reporting it here: https://openretro.org/amiga/balance-...dition/discuss. It has already been corrected by OpenRetro.org user thevoice.

That solves it for this particular game. And for situations like these, the best way is of course to submit a fix to OpenRetro.org so it is fixed for everyone.

On the other hand, some tweaks are more about personal taste. Right now, there is not a good solution for it. I will probably make some mechanism for overriding config locally (and also perhaps optionally syncing between multiple devices via an OpenRetro.org account). But I also need to find a balance here, so it is obvious that you have made changes to the default config. This is relevant if users complains about configs not working (have they been modified locally and forgotten about?)

Also, I wish to avoid having people always do local fixes instead of submitting to the central database for everyone's benefit. But I'm all for choice, and it should certainly be possible to keep changes to oneself if one really wants to.

So, I'm having some ideas and plans in the back of my head, but they are not completely fleshed out yet.
Old 19 May 2021, 23:41   #3
thevoice

got ninjaed by frode xD
Old 19 May 2021, 23:51   #4
Bannon

WOW! Thanks for the quick response and update. I just updated the database and all is well. Outstanding support!

Thanks.