English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old 04 December 2022, 06:14   #1
Biscuit
Baked Produce

Super League 2022 Completed

It's time to turn the page on another chapter of the Super League, as the 15th season ends. Thank you to everyone who took part. It's been another year of exploring games inside out and showing off many impressive scores.

Well done to the 2022 champion - john4p. Still on top after all this time, although I can see some strong future contenders in this years results. Watch your back. John is joined by el_pasi in 2nd, holding the torch for EAB. And kokoriko platforming into 3rd place. Superb performance.

1st - 220 john4p
2nd - 214 el_pasi
3rd - 164 kokoriko

Lots of other players successfully fought their way onto the podium this year. Well played Trapshot, Mitch J Frenzal, BobbyZeal, Bubba'n'Stix 2, aca0808, LinesMachine, Stevengton, pasquale, Joni, Sanitarium, capehorn, and peace. A total of 90 completion stars were snatched up.

What a wild ride it's been with another mixture of classics and less known surprises. We had eight games played for the first time in the league this year. Not bad going when you consider that there have been a total of 194 unique games played over these 15 years. The Amiga library is still going strong. That number is very likely to hit 200 next season. Check out the bottom of this post for more related to that.

The hall of fame has been updated with all the latest stats. No big records broken like last year, but it has still been busy. We've had another influx of new players this season and the competition is feeling healthy and fun. It is a pleasure to have so many people stopping by and chatting.

A quick shoutout to john4p and lifeschool for their continued help with scoring games and checking on those bugs, the votes, and answering questions.

As I mentioned a little while ago, my time as the league moderator is soon going to end. I've no longer got the spare time to do all the necessary stuff that keeps it running smoothly. I will be posting the Knockout threads and then lifeschool has stepped up to take over for the 2023 Season. The first vote will get started on Christmas Day. What a day to take over as moderator. I'm already looking forward to seeing those game names roll in.

Don't forget to jump into the Knockout, if that's your thing. It's a great group of games to quickly revisit. Provided you can survive long enough to play them all. There will also be a Winter Heat round coming soon with a very short game for anyone either not in the Knockout or wanting a little extra.

To wrap this up. Take a look back at the 2022 season in this nifty video.

[ Show youtube player ]

And why not do this again. Excluding what we played this year, imagine if all the runner up games from each vote had been played instead. This is kinda what the last year would have looked like. It might give you some ideas for the next vote.

R01 Worms: The Director's Cut
R02 Gem'X
R03 Impossamole
R04 Parasol Stars
R05 Syndicate
R05 Super Cauldron
R06 Prince of Persia
R07 Navy Seals
R08 Rainbow Islands
R09 Atom Smasher
R09 Bomb Jack: Beer Edition
R10 Nick Faldo's Championship Golf