English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 10 May 2022, 15:31   #121
BLUELiGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_cl View Post
Great tool but please consider a Mac version....
+1 ... I tried to compile the Mac version with the latest public PureBasic release (5.73) but I get an error:

Code:
Line 613: GetStockObject_() is not a function, array, list, map or macro.
It looks like it needs a later 6.00 beta release with AFAIK is only available to registered / licensed users.
Old 11 May 2022, 01:06   #122
mrv2k

Its a window API command in the getdefaultfontname procedure. You can probably work around it. You do need the full version of purebasic to compile the code properly.
Old 11 May 2022, 10:36   #123
BLUELiGHT

Thanks for confirming that the full version of PureBasic is needed, which I don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post
Added experimental support for Linux Ubuntu 20+ & MacOS (Source available on GitHub. Executables will be released in 0.8a).
If you still plan to distribute the MacOS executables, I'd rather wait for a full build.
Old 11 May 2022, 12:11   #124
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUELiGHT View Post
Thanks for confirming that the full version of PureBasic is needed, which I don't have.

If you still plan to distribute the MacOS executables, I'd rather wait for a full build.
I compiled a test version last night in a VM on my PC. It seemed to work OK. There's a few more bugs to fix and as I'm not that familar with MacOS so I have no idea how to package it. I'm just finishing off my AGS2 install for the A500 mini and a couple of other projects before I get around to looking at it.
Old 11 May 2022, 12:25   #125
BLUELiGHT

Great to know that macos support is still planned, I'd be happy to help beta testing, if needed.
Old 28 May 2022, 11:44   #126
hamartetikon

Anyone else gets this reported as infected with malware?

My Avast tells that the WHDLoadTool08a.zip executables (downloaded freshly from GitHub) are infected with "FileRepMalware".

I guess this is case for a false positive, but I wonder why no one else mentioned this, or am I the only one with this observation?

Edit: Avast reports also the same executables downloaded from MEGA.

Last edited by hamartetikon; 28 May 2022 at 12:00.
Old 15 June 2022, 22:45   #127
Lamaman71

This doesnt work for me at all - Ive tried a VPN, Running as Administrator, Switching off my windows firewalls, using my own login to the FTP - all to the same effect - load data pops open a couple of command prompt windows but nothing appears to happen. Is there any further logging I can enable so that I can troubleshoot?
Old 16 June 2022, 13:23   #128
mrv2k

Most times when this happens its your router that's blocking it. Make sure that the program is being let through in your router settings.
Old 06 July 2022, 13:10   #129
nfodiz

Thank you for this wonderful program!
Old 10 August 2022, 20:12   #130
DisasterIncarna

after multiple issues on winblows and AV blocking this (even when ive added exceptions) every single time as a virus/malware (FileRepMalware) on both avast and a few other AV's i thought bollocks to it, and tried it on Linux via Wine instead.

It does run, however i assume something should happen after you click "Load Data", i have files/stuff in a lists folder and the download of the data seems? to have worked, but after that, every button is greyed out, and im not sure if thats a fixable thing when ran from linux?

Has anyone else ran it via wine/linux? im doin this direct from my Home NAS to try and download everything direct to its own storage rather than my winblows HD which wont work for some reason even when i disable my AV, double click and ...... nothing.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 07 September 2022 at 20:12.
Old 10 August 2022, 20:19   #131
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
after multiple issues on winblows and AV blocking this (even when ive added exceptions) every single time as a virus/malware (FileRepMalware) on both avast and a few other AV's i thought bollocks to it, and tried it on Linux via Wine instead.

It does run, however i assume something should happen after you click "Load Data", i have files/stuff in a lists folder and the download of the data seems? to have worked, but after that, every button is greyed out, and im not sure if thats a fixable thing when ran from linux?

Has anyone else ran it via wine/linux? im doin this direct from my Home NAS to try and download everything direct to its own storage rather than my winblows HD which wont work for some reason even when i disable my AV, double click and ...... nothing.
It should have downloaded the Dats and put them in A dats folder, it should then list all the available games/demos
Old 10 August 2022, 20:26   #132
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
It should have downloaded the Dats and put them in A dats folder, it should then list all the available games/demos
damn, no such dat's folder, looks like its silently failed somewhere along the lines, bummer...
Old 10 August 2022, 20:45   #133
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
damn, no such dat's folder, looks like its silently failed somewhere along the lines, bummer...
Seeing as its linux, a permissions issue?
Old 10 August 2022, 21:01   #134
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Seeing as its linux, a permissions issue?
not sure, ran plenty of other programs this way and not had an issue, but you never know, ill need to play with this a bit more, really wish there was/is a convenient snoopdos'alike tool lying around somewhere.
Old 10 August 2022, 21:36   #135
mrv2k

Quote:

The buttons are greyed out until it successfully downloads the dat files. The .lst files are list files used to make custom games lists.

I have compiled and run a native linux version on Ubuntu but it messed up the layout so I put it on the back burner until I sorted some other projects. There will be a new version soon with quite a few fixes. The reason your AV picks it up is because of the way it connects to the FTP. I use defender and malwarebytes and it's fine.

I would suggest that you let Wine through your firewall as that could be blocking it.
Old 10 August 2022, 21:53   #136
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post
The buttons are greyed out until it successfully downloads the dat files. The .lst files are list files used to make custom games lists.

I have compiled and run a native linux version on Ubuntu but it messed up the layout so I put it on the back burner until I sorted some other projects. There will be a new version soon with quite a few fixes. The reason your AV picks it up is because of the way it connects to the FTP. I use defender and malwarebytes and it's fine.

I would suggest that you let Wine through your firewall as that could be blocking it.
cheers, ill keep at it until something works, at least this can run on linux, something that windows isnt letting me do atm. From a quick read of a few forums, it seems quite a few purebasic programs get blanket blocked by several AV's, i tried Avast on 1 machine and AVG on another and both blocked it even when i added exceptions. In the case of avast, i even added an exception and told it to move it back out of quarantine, which it promptly fails to do for more strange reasons.
Old 10 August 2022, 23:45   #137
mrv2k

When I get to v1.0 I'll take the time to get it whitelisted by the big AV companies. No point until it gets out of beta.
Old 04 September 2022, 20:54   #138
Bazzietuk

Thanks for the amazing program, it makes it so much easier to keep WHDLoad packages up to date.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the FTP to download the latest updates. It was working but then it lost it's connection for some reason so I quit the download and tried getting an update of the files I had and nothing is displayed. Checking the log I get an FTP connection error. Is there and updated FTP server that we can use please?
Old 08 September 2022, 16:49   #139
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzietuk View Post
Thanks for the amazing program, it makes it so much easier to keep WHDLoad packages up to date.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the FTP to download the latest updates. It was working but then it lost it's connection for some reason so I quit the download and tried getting an update of the files I had and nothing is displayed. Checking the log I get an FTP connection error. Is there and updated FTP server that we can use please?

You probably got a temporary ban for downloading to much or staying on for too long. Try again later.
Old 09 September 2022, 18:07   #140
brett71

I'm trying this out, and while I seems to be able to get connected to the FTP, when the connection closes, I have nothing in my window as far as content to download. What am I doing wrong?