English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 03 July 2018, 00:40   #121
DamienD
Banned

For all you "Atari ST" fanboys out there...

BarryB has kindly uploaded a total of 304 .IPFs to the EAB File Server

These have now been moved to the following location: /Atari/ST/IPFs
Old 03 July 2018, 00:44   #122
BarryB
Amigaholic

None of those are my submissions, I've had them since early 2016, downloaded them off some forum before they got removed, never seen any other ST IPF's since!!
Old 03 July 2018, 00:45   #123
Ian
Global Moderator

Pfft, no new images.

Art is what I uploaded to the Zone the other day. Guess you are the guy that leaked this stuff in the first place
Old 03 July 2018, 01:33   #124
Avanze
Amiga User

DamienD, on a side note, is there a folder for CTR only images too?
Old 03 July 2018, 01:58   #125
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanze View Post
DamienD, on a side note, is there a folder for CTR only images too?
I have no idea what "CTR only images" are... please explain further

A Google search produces this, which I'm sure you don't mean: Click-through rate
Old 03 July 2018, 04:25   #126
Avanze
Amiga User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I have no idea what "CTR only images" are... please explain further
KryoFlux images, I believe.
Old 03 July 2018, 05:14   #127
DamienD
Banned

Not that I'm aware of.
Old 03 July 2018, 10:08   #128
BarryB
Amigaholic

CT Raw images are just Kroflux streams packed into a single file, they are not analysed or processed in any way, like IPF's are, so some protections might fail under emulation!
Old 03 July 2018, 10:21   #129
fiath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerochip View Post
I know you're in France and such, but is there any way you can help me get my original games back??

I only loaned them to the project on the condition I'd get the back after the dumps were done.

I've been ignored now for more than a few years asking for their return. (They're in the UK)
Hi Mikerochip,

Dlfrsilver pointed me in your direction (thanks!). That would almost certainly have been me.

This was obviously a very long time ago and I don't remember getting ST games as a loan, but I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick. I also don't remember you contacting us to try to get them back? I'm not very active this days, and there was a long period where I basically burnt out and wasn't checking/responding to emails properly, so it's possible it was missed. Or my memory is just failing me, which is completely possible. In either case, apologies!

Anyway, better late than never - of course you can have your games back.

Could you please private message me with your name an address and I will look for your games. Any details you can provide on what you submitted would be appreciated - as this was such a long time ago (do you know when it was?) I'm guessing it might be a challenge to find the details.

I'll note that the games I hold for SPS are in storage, and I routinely separate disks from boxes to ensure that the disks are stored in a more climate controlled way. It will probably take a little while to dig things out, but I'm sure we'll get there. Again, the more details you can give me, the easier this will be to sort out.

Note, if anyone else has problems like this, I've updated my email address on EAB so please send me a message (don't send a private message, as I'm unlikely to see it).
Old 03 July 2018, 10:54   #130
Mikerochip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiath View Post
Hi Mikerochip,

Dlfrsilver pointed me in your direction (thanks!). That would almost certainly have been me.

This was obviously a very long time ago and I don't remember getting ST games as a loan, but I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick. I also don't remember you contacting us to try to get them back? I'm not very active this days, and there was a long period where I basically burnt out and wasn't checking/responding to emails properly, so it's possible it was missed. Or my memory is just failing me, which is completely possible. In either case, apologies!

Anyway, better late than never - of course you can have your games back.

Could you please private message me with your name an address and I will look for your games. Any details you can provide on what you submitted would be appreciated - as this was such a long time ago (do you know when it was?) I'm guessing it might be a challenge to find the details.

I'll note that the games I hold for SPS are in storage, and I routinely separate disks from boxes to ensure that the disks are stored in a more climate controlled way. It will probably take a little while to dig things out, but I'm sure we'll get there. Again, the more details you can give me, the easier this will be to sort out.

Note, if anyone else has problems like this, I've updated my email address on EAB so please send me a message (don't send a private message, as I'm unlikely to see it).
Hi Fiath.

Yup, I have (an almost complete) list of what I sent, when and to whom I sent it, and not all, but many of the emails sent.

I also have the last SPS support ticket I raised on this. PM to follow.

Last edited by Mikerochip; 03 July 2018 at 12:41. Reason: Spelling!
Old 03 July 2018, 11:02   #131
DamienD
Banned

@fiath; thank you for taking the time to respond.

I really hope that this can be resolved for poor Mikerochip
Old 03 July 2018, 19:08   #132
fiath

Just to set the record straight after taking to Mikerochip, I realise this is completely my failure, and perhaps worse, I'd completely forgotten about it. I will try to get this sorted out asap.
Old 03 July 2018, 20:10   #133
DamienD
Banned

That's great news, please do
Old 04 July 2018, 23:46   #134
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
For all you "Atari ST" fanboys out there...

BarryB has kindly uploaded a total of 304 .IPFs to the EAB File Server

These have now been moved to the following location: /Atari/ST/IPFs
Ian has just uploaded these 2 .IPFs (which have now been moved to /Atari/ST/IPFs):

... Clever and Smart (Europe).zip
... Stone Age (Europe) (Amiga + ST).zip
Old 06 July 2018, 16:28   #135
Turran

Soooo a stupid question. What is an IPF image and how does it differ from a, say, ADF?

Holy crap I should learn to google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_Disk_File#IPF
Old 06 July 2018, 16:33   #136
DamienD
Banned

Software Preservation Society

...and to use in emulators you need the plugin in your WinUAE directory: http://www.softpres.org/download
Old 31 July 2018, 22:00   #137
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiath View Post
Just to set the record straight after taking to Mikerochip, I realise this is completely my failure, and perhaps worse, I'd completely forgotten about it. I will try to get this sorted out asap.
Hi faith,

I spoke with Mikerochip today to see how things are progressing.

He informs me that he hasn't heard anything back from you in roughly 3 weeks now; since around the 8th of July...

You don't need to answer in this thread if you don't want to, but please do PM Mikerochip / myself to let us know how you're getting on with locating / returning the 80 or so Atari ST originals that he loaned you guys many, many, many years ago now.

Appreciate it
Old 31 July 2018, 22:30   #138
fiath

Hi Damien,

Yes, fair point, I didn't realise it had been so long since my last update. Mikerochip said he would rather I finish searching before I send things back, and since all the games are in storage, it's taken a long time to get through everything, but I'm nearly finished.

I'll send an update now.
Old 31 July 2018, 22:40   #139
DamienD
Banned

Great, thank you kindly for replying publically and being in the process of giving Mikerochip / myself a further, detailed update privately faith

...we just need to get this saga over with for poor Mikerochip; that's all that really matters at the end of the day
Old 01 August 2018, 01:05   #140
Ian
Global Moderator

Does make me wonder how many others are without their games as you have so many in storage, I assume of course these aren't all your own games?

How many other Mikerochip's are out there I wonder....

Also, I understand you are no longer really involved in the image creation any more, but are there plans for someone to start getting back to folks that have submitted images for verification? dlfrsilver is doing a fine job helping people where he can, but he's just one guy.

Or is it a case of you guys are making money from Kyroflux now, so IPFs and preservation are no longer a major concern?

Sorry if this seems harsh, not my intention (Personally I would put pro bono work on hold if I was making money doing something else too), but I guess it's been a question I've had since people started highlighting they weren't getting responses from anyone to anything they submitted.