English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 October 2004, 06:06   #1
Mœbius

recognition of multiple disks

I'm having problems getting WinUAE (0.9.91) to recognise when a game has more than 1 disk.
When I go to: Host > Disk swapper - I can't see any way of adding multiple disk.
I'm having this problem specifically with Flashback AGA version.

I've even set all the images under: Hardware > diskdrives
and set all 4 df*: drives to the images... but whenever it promts me to switch disks, I can't figure out how to make it recognise the other disks.

[edit] infact I can't seem to get WinUAE to recognise any multiple disk game

Last edited by Mœbius; 27 October 2004 at 06:30.
Old 27 October 2004, 08:18   #2
ervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mœbius
I'm having problems getting WinUAE (0.9.91) to recognise when a game has more than 1 disk.
When I go to: Host > Disk swapper - I can't see any way of adding multiple disk.
I'm having this problem specifically with Flashback AGA version.

I've even set all the images under: Hardware > diskdrives
and set all 4 df*: drives to the images... but whenever it promts me to switch disks, I can't figure out how to make it recognise the other disks.

[edit] infact I can't seem to get WinUAE to recognise any multiple disk game

My apologies if you've already tried this:

Think of this as grabbing all of a game's disks for a real Amiga:
On the Disk Swapper screen, double-click any of the slots. You'll be prompted to select a disk file. This disk file will then be allocated to that slot.
Do this for each disk you need to have at the ready. Put them all into separate slots of course.

Now, think of this next bit as inserting the required disk into a real Amiga's disk drive:
To actually insert the disk, click in the right-hand column (titled "Drive"), on the slot of the disk you wish to insert.
For example, if you have DF0, DF1 enabled, repeatedly clicking will cycle thru DF0, DF1, empty. If you only have DF0 enabled, clicking the slot will cycle through DF0, empty.

Now reset the Amiga. WinUAE will try to boot with whatever disk is "inserted" in DF0 in the Disk Swapper screen.
You can really quickly and easily swap disks now by hitting F12, going to the Disk Swapper screen, and cycling the required disk to the drive it needs to be in.
For example, when a game asks you to insert a disk into DF0, just go to the Disk Swapper screen, and cycle the required disk to DF0.

The Disk Swapper is a BRILLIANT feature (cheers Toni!), but I had trouble as well until I learned how to use it.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by ervin; 27 October 2004 at 08:23.