English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 07 August 2009, 19:49   #1
skforty

Send a message via MSN to skforty
Question regarding a4000 value?

Hey all,

I posted a craigslist ad in my area asking for amiga stuff, and i got a reply today from a guy who has an a4000. He says, "Amiga 4000 040 desktop. Great cosmetic shape. Hard drive/floppy. You can verify it works if you bring monitor and mouse"

Assuming that it works, no keyboard, mouse, expansion cards, or cables etc. Roughly what is this worth? I dont want to low ball the guy, but i dont want to get screwed either. Keep in mind i live in USA where it seems way harder to get amiga stuff

Thanks!

PS If this isnt the right board for this thread i apologize. I looked and didnt see one that fit better, also read the marketplace rules and didnt see anything against it. Thanks!
Old 07 August 2009, 20:15   #2
r.cade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skforty View Post
Hey all,

I posted a craigslist ad in my area asking for amiga stuff, and i got a reply today from a guy who has an a4000. He says, "Amiga 4000 040 desktop. Great cosmetic shape. Hard drive/floppy. You can verify it works if you bring monitor and mouse"

Assuming that it works, no keyboard, mouse, expansion cards, or cables etc. Roughly what is this worth? I dont want to low ball the guy, but i dont want to get screwed either. Keep in mind i live in USA where it seems way harder to get amiga stuff

Thanks!

PS If this isnt the right board for this thread i apologize. I looked and didnt see one that fit better, also read the marketplace rules and didnt see anything against it. Thanks!
For a machine with no accessories I wouldn't pay more than $100. But I am cheap.
Old 07 August 2009, 21:02   #3
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I would say £150 - £200

Check under the hood for battery leakage and broken Sim slots etc...
Old 07 August 2009, 22:03   #4
Paul_s

Pick up I would pay anything from £120 - £150 max. Check the battery/cap conditions as first port of call ^ wot Peter said above ... Keyboard/mouse/WB disks can be picked up for cheap/next to nothing...

They are not the kindest Amiga I've ever come across, they have taken short cuts with these barstard capacitors... all of which need replacing on mine
Old 07 August 2009, 23:14   #5
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
They are not the kindest Amiga I've ever come across, they have taken short cuts with these barstard capacitors... all of which need replacing on mine
I did this about a year ago on my first 4000D. I'm now preparing my recent acquisition to do the same.

It's not that hard to do but does need plenty of care while carrying out removal/fitting

Dave G
Old 09 August 2009, 07:59   #6
TjLaZer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skforty View Post
Hey all,

Thanks!

$200-$300 I would say if in good shape. Check the battery though and be prepared to low ball if it's leaking.