English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 February 2020, 23:16   #21
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
I was told that the Willie brothers do not earn a penny on Trap runner fysical edition either. It might be their own fault
It's not a fault, it's our choice! We make the games because we have fun making them. And when somebody really wants a physical release then we don't want to have anything to do with the whole process (production, sales, etc.), but leave that completely to the publisher - also the profit. We only request one copy for ourselves.

So far only Solid Gold was distributed through amiga.net.pl. And as we didn't want any money there was no problem for us. The only negative aspect was that customers repeatedly reported that they didn't get their box. But as soon as amiga.net.pl was contacted they immediately sent a second or even third copy to the recipient. I cannot say anything bad about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I meant it doesnt affect my will and motivation. The rest you wrote is true.
Old 13 February 2020, 00:41   #22
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

@Cobe: Very sad to read this man
I really hope this situation gets resolved fast for you and your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
This is sad. I wonder if other developers have similar experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I really hope that the same didn't happen with the delevopers of "Worthy" or "Solid Gold"; who are all respected members / developers quite active on EAB?
Well, the cooperation we have with Amiga.net.pl. with the games we've published there is fine so far. They make sure they keep their payments and we've recieved any physical copy we've asked for (in fact several times, including free copies for competitions or events that we've been asked to send to occasionally). In general there is transparency in our deal (I have access to the sales page for our games) and whenever there's any issue, we communicate and they make sure to sort it out.

Anyhow, this is strictly a personal experience and I can only speak for our team.
Old 13 February 2020, 05:00   #23
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman_burbank View Post
I understand fully Cobe, but the case has long ago been forwarded to the CDLabel, unfortunately so far Juen has not responded to the problem described by Cobe. I hope that thanks to this thread the problems will be resolved as soon as possible.
In december juen responded to us that he didnt receive any extra
money from Adam. Another thing he said if that
money comes on his bussines account he would be forced to pay taxes
for it.... Bussines 23%VAT and 30% PIT
Old 13 February 2020, 05:12   #24
juen

Hello! Please give me some time i will try to find where is problem!!!

(Cdlabel - manufacturer, Amiga.net.pl - distributor)
Old 13 February 2020, 08:14   #25
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I am starting to be out of this, but I hope this thread will help cleaning the air.
Old 13 February 2020, 08:36   #26
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Looks like a disc duplicating company not a publisher to me? but even if it is, why is there basically two companies doing the same job? just cut out one of the companies and give more profit to the developers, the game ifaik only sold in one place anyway!?
w8, what? You also can say, why someone is making dvd box cases and someone other making dvd discs Amiga.net.pl is not CDLabel - there are totally different companies. Amiga.net.pl was great for us (Project R3D) with distribution, i don't have time to do that, and i think others developers too. Of course - anybody can start own printing business and distribute Amiga games

Quote:
Hello. It's very sad to hear such things, but it's quite complicated. Amiga.net.pl is only a distributor of Project R3D games, while the publisher is CDLabel (Juen's company - one of the authors of Tanks Furry). The contact can be found on this website: http://cdlabel.info

Amiga.net.pl pays for CDLabel games delivered on an ongoing basis, on the basis of invoices, and receives only a small commision on sales (set by CDLabel). Settlements with game authors have been handled by CDLabel since the release of Tanks Furry. The author's copies of the games are also sent by CDLabel, because they physically produce games such as Lumberjack and Pong4K, not Amiga.net.pl.
not true... I'm only responsible for Tanks Furry and Bridge Strike which i coded and have full rights for it (with rest of team mates from Project R3D). For the rest games this would be not profitable for authors. they need to distribute on their own or with the help of a distributor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
So to summarise, the whole thing is dodgy a fuck.
Cobe is 100% right and the he and the dev’s have been fleeced.

A disgrace indeed - they (amiga.net.pl / cdblahblah) should be ashamed.
you should be beacuse of false accusations and rude insulting people on ppa.pl

Quote:
I understand fully Cobe, but the case has long ago been forwarded to the CDLabel, unfortunately so far Juen has not responded to the problem described by Cobe. I hope that thanks to this thread the problems will be resolved as soon as possible.
my responses are always fast as light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
In december juen responded to us that he didnt receive any extra
money from Adam. Another thing he said if that
money comes on his bussines account he would be forced to pay taxes
for it.... Bussines 23%VAT and 30% PIT
true, (but 32% PIT...).

this must be some mispoke or i don't know what with Adam, i'm waiting for his reply @ email. He still don't have accepted account on EAB ;/ This is not my case but i want to help. Amiga.net.pl is really great Amiga company, please everyone try to hold on with criticism and also stop to mixup cdlabel with this this hurts!
Old 13 February 2020, 09:45   #27
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
you should be beacuse of false accusations and rude insulting people on ppa.pl
I'm never ashamed to insult an arsehole or a group of arseholes, never bothers me.

However...getting back on topic.

You're telling the lad to be patient after 9 month!!!???

If you offer a publishing service then the developers does not care that YOU have problems with manufacturing, it's up to YOU to sort out and if it's not resolved then YOU should find another manufacturer.
Old 13 February 2020, 09:54   #28
juen

Quote:
I'm never ashamed to insult an arsehole or a group of arseholes, never bothers me.

However...getting back on topic.

You're telling the lad to be patient after 9 month!!!???

If you offer a publishing service then the developers does not care that YOU have problems with manufacturing, it's up to YOU to sort out and if it's not resolved then YOU should find another manufacturer.
no one have problem with manufacturing, please read carefully and don't mislead people more.

i don't know where is option to ignore ppl like you so i will just ignore your further posts.

i'm amiga user and i want to help other amiga users, that's all.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:00   #29
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

The "boxed version" of a game is just a nuisance to the developers.
Wish everybody would just download the digital version.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:09   #30
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

And generally spoken, if I learned something, it's that the more you can do yourself, the easier you will be off creating a game.
I see so many projects dwindling into oblivion because musicians and graphics guys just don't react anymore, or you don't get any update for half of a year, or stuff like that.

Which is perfectly understandable, since we are all grown up people with jobs and families these days. And I am certainly not better than that and have probably not responded in time to a few people as well (sorry to anybody for that).

But, well, it stands like I said:
The more you can do yourself (graphics, music, coding, and also creating a boxed copy), the more you will get accomplished in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:19   #31
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post

I always hope if I buy a boxed version, it also includes a digital download. Then the price is somehow split and the money from box goes to the publisher and money from digital goes to the developer (based on some agreement). So I want to have a physical box as well as reward the development. Am I naive?
Old 13 February 2020, 10:21   #32
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Am I naive?
Depends on the prize of the box, I'd say.

With the prizes we have right now, I wonder how much money there can be left after material costs etc.
I am sure I'd get a lot less money from a box than from a digital download in the end.
On this Amiga.net.pl site, there are games that sell "Box version + CD + poster + ISO" for 13 euros.
Either all of that stuff is complete crap, or that person running that service is exploiting himself. Probably both.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:27   #33
juen

Quote:

With the prizes we have right now, I wonder how much money there can be left after material costs etc.
I am sure I'd get a lot less money from a box than from a digital download in the end.
CDLabel offers cheapest price for Amiga soft producers - close to the price of materials for production so greatest cut is for author
Old 13 February 2020, 10:27   #34
mcgeezer

Quote:

On this Amiga.net.pl site, there are games that sell "Box version + CD + poster + ISO" for 13 euros.
Either all of that stuff is complete crap, or that person running that service is exploiting himself. Probably both.
Also depends on what they mean by boxed version. If they mean a DVD case then that isn't a boxed version.

When I think of a boxed version I think ... BOXED version.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:31   #35
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Old 13 February 2020, 10:32   #36
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Sure, but DVD box is a current meaning of "boxed" even in PC world, so for me it is somehow acceptable. Maybe better term is just a "physical release", I dont know.

Worthy and Solid Gold came boxed in the real card box, while others are in DVD plastic case, on burnt CD (or floppy), but for minimum price.

I also understand why physical releases are so rare these days, in PC / consoles you buy and download everything online.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:33   #37
mcgeezer

Quote:
You see, I disagree with this...
As a developer I really enjoyed having the game box made... it was probably more a project management activity which I generally enjoy anyway.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:51   #38
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
You see, I disagree with this...
As a developer I really enjoyed having the game box made... it was probably more a project management activity which I generally enjoy anyway.
Good for you.
I don't...
Old 18 February 2020, 16:04   #39
djukon

Quote:
Sure, but DVD box is a current meaning of "boxed" even in PC world, so for me it is somehow acceptable. Maybe better term is just a "physical release", I dont know.
I believe the term is "Big Box". Usage examples:
Old 19 February 2020, 02:51   #40
Selur

"Amiga.net.pl halved the numbers with excuse, first numbers were with preorders that people actually never paid..."

But that's may be 100% true.
I'm not a friend of Amiga.net but this is one guy who is with amiga community for a long long time and I don't think he is thef. He made our community more alive then it was. Ofcourse distribution is not perfect but he always try to solve problems.

There is one major problem in German and Polish forum community.
They are very greed, and even the German community are more greed then the Polish one.
Here in Poland, we have too much traders who sell on Ebay so many Amiga hardware with huge profit but 90% of them will not buy a single soft for Amiga, even for few dollars and almost all of them sitting in our PPA forum to catch chip amiga offer.
They only for buy and sell Amiga hardware (for example, just imagine for selling one expanded Amiga 4000 they could earn about 2000$).

So the numbers of people who really buys new Amiga software distributed by Amiga.net.pl (mainly games) is very very very low.
Maybe 5-10% people buying new games.
The best new amiga games could be sold maybe in max 250-300 copies. Simple, low quality games like Lumberjack or Pong could be sold maybe in 25-30 copies.

So I don't think anyone steal your money, this money actually didn't exist because numbers of sold copies were to small !
Just think about it.