English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 26 November 2021, 17:19   #281
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Hey guys, anyone wanting to purchase the digital version drop us a mail at admin@pixelglass.org.
For the moment we'll keep it like that until we sort out what to do next (we're in talk with several publishers). We'll see to resolve the link issue at some point as well (there's also a general update to the site pending).
Old 27 November 2021, 15:24   #282
tolkien
AmigaMan

I purchased Worthy from amiga.net.pl but dont know if I did a backup.
Lets hope I can recover it from the HD.
Old 27 November 2021, 16:21   #283
A500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
I do not think you can buy it at the moment Their published ran off with all their money and is no where to be found ..

Ouch! Hope that asshat gets what he deserves in the end, if he actually did that!

Does that mean that the Worthy authors got no money in the end? I'd be glad to purchase the game again if this is the case.
Old 27 November 2021, 22:49   #284
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by A500 View Post
Ouch! Hope that asshat gets what he deserves in the end, if he actually did that!

Does that mean that the Worthy authors got no money in the end? I'd be glad to purchase the game again if this is the case.
Thank you. Basically we did get payments up to a point and on a tactical basis but things went downhill later down the line and an outstanding debt started to pile up. In general the game sold pretty well overal (by Amiga standards) and we did recieve a good portion from the overal sales (no complain there), however the amount we lost and never got was by no means small either.

Anyhow, none of that matters now. The important point is that the support we've got (and still getting) is one of the reasons we're still active as Amiga devs and people who have purchased the game definitely have helped a lot towards that end.
Old 29 November 2021, 10:48   #285
Tolgod

Hi there,

I have been looking to get a download of the game, preferably, if still a available, even a boxed copy, however the buy now link from the pixelglass website seems dead and I'm not able to find it in any other way. Any suggestions ?

edit : Nevermind, just saw the info mentioned here earlier and will mail pixelglass

Last edited by Tolgod; 29 November 2021 at 11:13.
Old 29 November 2021, 12:54   #286
crazyc

Damn, my kids wanted to get me something for Xmas and the boxed version was going to be it - Just not the same with a download for this purpose
Old 29 November 2021, 14:49   #287
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
Damn, my kids wanted to get me something for Xmas and the boxed version was going to be it - Just not the same with a download for this purpose
No boxed copy here but my mini-Godzillas enjoy this game a lot and return to it really regularly. They even challenge each other to know who will be the one in the lead (up to the end of the game)

Just an idea : if no boxed copy are available, you can buy the digital download and, in an envelope under the XMAS tree, put a colour print of the game poster as well as a small note (that you do yourself). Like this your kids will have something in their hands as well as the game

Last edited by malko; 14 December 2021 at 17:36. Reason: typp
Old 29 November 2021, 14:52   #288
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
This is a very exceptional way how to make the boxed version of Worthy RARE
Old 29 November 2021, 15:10   #289
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

It's a great Christmas project for the kids and hours of fun!
  1. Print off Worthy box scans.
  2. Construct Amiga box from printouts.
  3. Purchase digital download.
  4. Print off Worthy disk scan.
  5. Write disk image to floppy disk and attach disk printout.
  6. Wrap box and disk and place under Christmas tree.
Old 29 November 2021, 15:16   #290
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@Predseda : look at the "sens général" https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syst%C3%A8me_D

@CodyJarrett : I am sure this steb by step guide will give ideas to some
Old 29 November 2021, 21:12   #291
apex

A game worth to get a new boxed edition.
Happy to have one.
Old 30 November 2021, 11:21   #292
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Hey guys, anyone wanting to purchase the digital version drop us a mail at admin@pixelglass.org.
For the moment we'll keep it like that until we sort out what to do next (we're in talk with several publishers). We'll see to resolve the link issue at some point as well (there's also a general update to the site pending).
Email sent!
Old 14 December 2021, 00:56   #293
crazyc

The hard drive install worked well in my aga a1200, but I have a tiny issue on my rtg amiga. When I exit the game, which is great by the way, my mouse is invisible until I manage to reset wb using the right mouse button.
Any thoughts?
This is on a 3.2 based b1260 with mediator and voodoo 3 graphics card.
Cheers

Just a note that I had to extract the lha on my pc as well as the real amiga wouldn't do it and gave errors. I find this happens sometimes with newer lhas, not sure if I need to update something my end.
Old 15 December 2021, 15:17   #294
crazyc

All works fine on my AGA a1200, but I definitely get issues after exiting on my RTG A1200. last time I got a crash as well as the invisible mouse.
Will try and do a bit more investigating when I get a minute if this is not a known issue.
Old 15 December 2021, 19:25   #295
alpine9000

There was a bug fix version I did that from memory addressed a similar issue, PM me your email and I’ll send you a link. No promises that it will fix it, but worth a try.
Old 15 December 2021, 19:36   #296
jotd
This cat is no more

whdload slave exists to avoid this kind of problems.

Great game. Couldn't get past level 15 but great game.
Old 15 December 2021, 19:46   #297
alpine9000

Does the slave version blank the screen when loading from disk?
Old 15 December 2021, 23:38   #298
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
whdload slave exists to avoid this kind of problems.

Great game. Couldn't get past level 15 but great game.
What am I doing wrong with the WHDLOAD setup?

Downloaded it from whdload website, extracted all files into a directory called Worthy. created a subdirectory in there called data and put all existing game files into that.
Clicking on the slave leads to errors. the .slave shows as a tool not a project though so there is no default program (whdload) to open it (shouldnt it be a project? have I broken it somehow?)
Old 15 December 2021, 23:55   #299
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
What am I doing wrong with the WHDLOAD setup?

Downloaded it from whdload website, extracted all files into a directory called Worthy. created a subdirectory in there called data and put all existing game files into that.
Clicking on the slave leads to errors. the .slave shows as a tool not a project though so there is no default program (whdload) to open it (shouldnt it be a project? have I broken it somehow?)
I can't help you with WHDload (as it's not supported at all by us, so jotd will need to help you). I would recommend trying the fixed version however, there was definitely a bug in the HD version that would cause some shutdown issues for some configs. There really should be no need for WHDload with Worthy, it's pretty OS friendly.
Old 16 December 2021, 00:04   #300
Pyromania

What development tools were used to develop Worthy?