English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 21 July 2007, 20:31   #1
Boulder

Interested in a few original Amiga games (for p&p)?

Hello folks,

I just went through my stuff that was left in my parents' house when I moved from there about 10 years ago. I found some original Amiga games and I thought I would offer them to you before getting rid of them..I have very little storage space left so I can't keep them around. They are available for postage & packing unless someone wants to come around and pick them up (I live in Lahti, Finland).

I cannot exactly remember what there was and if the original disks are all there, but I can check if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands. The manuals and other documentation may also be lost, I'm not sure. The boxes I saw were Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, Pirates!, Star Flight, World Championship Boxing Manager, 4D Sports Boxing, 4D Sports Driving, Sim City (+the Terrain Editor), Special Forces and Jinxter. There might have been some more but I've forgotten since there was a lot of stuff to consider whether I should dump them right away or later I do know that I should have the original disk for Dungeon Master but I'm not sure if any else material from that brilliant game has survived the test of time.

Before you beat me up, I did state to my parents that the A500 must not be sold or given away - along with the Pong clone my dad built in the 70s. The latter thing's gotta be worth a few euros some day I think
Old 21 July 2007, 21:16   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Hello there Boulder,

Wouldn`t it be nice to keep the pong game ? you can imagine it being a family hier loom many moons from now... your grand children ask what that load of old rubbish is... you couls should them that their great grand father forged with bare hands one of the firs computers of the late 20th century.

However I would be interested in the boxed following if its not to much postage.
  • Captive
  • Wing Commander
  • Perihelion

i dont mind relieving your possible grand children of these gems of games.

Old 21 July 2007, 21:29   #3
Boulder

Sorry, I probably don't have any of those in the collection - at least I don't remember buying any of them..

Well, the last remark was mostly a joke I probably won't need money that bad, I'd rather keep the item as a reminder of my dad (though who knows, he might well outlive me). I'll need to check whether it could still be plugged in my TV, I think it does have a regular antenna output. I still remember playing it some 25 years ago
Old 21 July 2007, 22:20   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

I have 3 or 4 boxed copies of Captive
Old 22 July 2007, 00:28   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I have three oh bipstah... each different... alas my shed has sprung a small leak, and the big box version has been slightly damaged.. :angry

so i went after work and spend an absolute fortune on large plastic bins (like huge tuppaware!)

this will NOT happen again!!
Old 22 July 2007, 00:30   #6
BinoX
Miggy Man

U keep amiga stuff... in a shed...????? Shame on you!
Old 22 July 2007, 00:34   #7
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I had no choice... storage had become unsafe...

the irony is, it was such a small leak that it would normaly not of even bother anything... the box prolly got dripped on maybe 10 times.... but... its my captive box... and it has slightly discoloured it....
Old 22 July 2007, 00:38   #8
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
I have three oh bipstah... each different... alas my shed has sprung a small leak, and the big box version has been slightly damaged.. :angry

so i went after work and spend an absolute fortune on large plastic bins (like huge tuppaware!)

this will NOT happen again!!
I have 3 big boxed versions and a cassette box version

Oh the joy.. I also have a box or 2 of Knightmare
Old 22 July 2007, 00:49   #9
BinoX
Miggy Man

What is "Captive"? excuse my ignorance...
Old 22 July 2007, 01:03   #10
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

!?

Ban
Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban

!?!?!

Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban

?!?!??
Old 22 July 2007, 01:07   #11
BinoX
Miggy Man

You never know unless you ask...

I was about 13 when I last played any new amiga game, and back then I only really liked platformers and point and click adventures.. and I haven't played many other games than what I played back then...
Old 22 July 2007, 01:17   #12
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

captive is a futuristic RPG released in 1990, where by as a wrongly accused scientist you are sent to cryo-prision for a ficticious crime, seperated from you family... for 200 years..

the game begins as you awake in a run down space station environment, you cryo-tube broken beyond repair... its seems you have been in cryo for 190 years..

you cannot find away out of the main cell, but you find a small briefcase computer system in the debris that you then hookup and take controll of 4 mining driods. not knowing where you are you must make your way across the stars and plannets using the mining driods to explore bases for more clues to where you are. each time getting closer and closer.

there is such a vaired and wide method of play you can use. you have 4 characters in the game that you have, each being a driod, a driod can be upgraded with weapons and skill, a unique method of experience method is offered whereby a driod gains raw experience value for kills and you can the attribute where that experience is spent and in wich skill. having 9 in a skill unlocks the next skill.. you can have upto 99 in each skill there are many skills to have, from robitics (allowing you greater access to better chassis and armour) brawling, swords, rifles plasmas, a whole host of other crucial skills.. i cannot tell you how great the game is... bcause its so yummy.

just have a look at the screen shots of HOL

captive should run nicely on a 1MB a500 (or cdtv )
Old 22 July 2007, 01:20   #13
BinoX
Miggy Man

Maybe I'll have to get me a copy.. I'm guessing it's quite rare though
Old 22 July 2007, 01:24   #14
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

nope, commone as anything. i just like collecting different boxed versions, some come in a jewel case, some a small box, some a big box... i am after a fabled blue box version, i have heard about... but i think its more a white elephant lol.

i have the adfs i can zone for you or the whdload pack if you are interested my friend.
Old 22 July 2007, 01:29   #15
BinoX
Miggy Man

Yeah, that'd be cool thx

(Probably ought to let this thread go back on topic now.. heh)

(ADFs or WHDLoad, I don't mind)
Old 22 July 2007, 03:23   #16
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

whd yummyness in the zone

partake of its life stealing properties.... yes.... come to the captive side...
Old 22 July 2007, 15:13   #17
Boulder

Hehe, I got another person hooked into an old Amiga game it seems (It also looks like Zetr0's been drinking again)

I went through the whole lot of games I brought home yesterday. I think I'll take a photo of each box and post them here just for fun.. Most original disks were in the boxes, but for some reason Ultima IV's disks are not there. I must search for them the next time I visit my parents, I'm quite sure I know where to find them.

There's a game or two there that I don't even remember playing much, maybe for an hour or so..talk about money wasted there