English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 08 April 2013, 01:51   #1
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

FS-UAE not working online [Solved]

I think FS-UAE is awesome however for online play it's a right ***

We have both verified config and as such it works fine at that end, but on starting game we both get an ERROR 8, then it goes into offline mode.

Any chance of some help tomorrow night? We will be on 9pm onwards uk time possibly

This is the Ultimate Amiga pack (multiplayer only) That may be something to do with it???

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 10 April 2013 at 01:06. Reason: Problem was configuration not compatible with online play
Old 08 April 2013, 12:00   #2
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I still have problems to update the database after your system/database update. It works, but i takes a lot of retries and takes 3-5 minutes per update. Same problem?

Edit: Finally the update works smooth again.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 08 April 2013 at 22:10.
Old 09 April 2013, 22:09   #3
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Not sure it's the same problem as we just get ERROR 8, it doesn't say what the disconnection or connection error is. Is it port related, what.
Old 10 April 2013, 00:27   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, here are the error codes:

Code:
ERROR_PROTOCOL_MISMATCH    =  1
ERROR_WRONG_PASSWORD       =  2
ERROR_CANNOT_RESUME        =  3
ERROR_GAME_ALREADY_STARTED =  4
ERROR_PLAYER_NUMBER        =  5
ERROR_EMULATOR_MISMATCH    =  6
ERROR_CLIENT_ERROR         =  7
ERROR_MEMORY_DESYNC        =  8
ERROR_RANDOM_DESYNC        =  9
ERROR_SESSION_KEY          = 10
ERROR_GAME_STOPPED         = 99
This means that the game was stopped because the emulation was not identical for both players. This effectively means that your setups were not identical. FS-UAE Launcher verifies most of the setup automatically before starting.

I'm not affiliated with "Ultimate Amiga packs", but I know there was a problem with them, where a local Amiga directory hard drive drive was specified - a setting which cannot be synchronized automatically through FS-UAE Launcher. This might be your problem... (i.e. you start with different hard drives).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
For the record, the Amiga Online configs use the following "hard drive" for the location of the WHDLoad key:

Code:
hard_drive_3 = $CONFIG/../WHDLoad
If this is still used in the game configs, you will definitively get a desync, since only the "host" will start with a valid hard_drive_3...
Old 10 April 2013, 00:34   #5
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Ah!

Anyway of fixing this for the player and not the host?

Not sure why the developer hasn't fixed it nor tested this issue out

Just checked - WHDLoad ($CONFIG/..) is in Hard Drive slot four <--
Old 10 April 2013, 00:45   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Ah!

Anyway of fixing this for the player and not the host?

Not sure why the developer hasn't fixed it nor tested this issue out

Just checked - WHDLoad ($CONFIG/..) is in Hard Drive slot four <--
Well, the config cannot automatically be synchronized since FS-UAE Launcher cannot assume that a given directory is valid on other computers.

But.. if you both have that directory with the exact same content, it could still work. But you must manually make sure both players have that drive configured. This can for example be done by both players selecting the same config after joining the game channel (normally not necessary, since the config is synchronized through the game channel, but in this case it is...).
Old 10 April 2013, 00:51   #7
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Sounds like a complete pain in the arse

Guess the easiest way is to avoid Ultimate Amiga altogether, though going by the empty channel nobody is playing any online games.

Would probably be easier to get my friend to sign up to game database and have the same game as me?
Old 10 April 2013, 01:05   #8
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Would probably be easier to get my friend to sign up to game database and have the same game as me?
As long as you play floppy-based games, he/she does not need to use the game database. Your friend only needs to have the same disks, and FS-UAE Launcher will automatically select the correct disks (and other settings) when you select a game variant from the database.

Your freind can of course have access to the database anyway , but it's not a requirement for you to play together.

(Also note that you cannot use WHDLoad games from the online database in online games yet, due to a small missing feature).
Old 10 April 2013, 01:15   #9
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Ah damn

The floppy sounds like a plan! Thankyou Frode, as always