English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 June 2022, 01:50   #21
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Thanks John, always appreciate your help in spreading the word, and your articles are a big part of what makes the magazine what it is, thank you always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
@ amifan

Thanks again Timo

btw, I spread the news to other Amiga forums as usual :-)
Old 12 June 2022, 01:53   #22
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Wow, issue 5 already! Brilliant. The Amiga scene has never been in a healthier state. Congratulations to all of you involved.
Thank you, I never quite believed we would get this far, but it is thanks to contributions and help of the everyone involved we have managed to get this far. If anyone else would like to be in the magazine for anything, tutorials, reviews, opinion pieces or interviews, please contact me at: timopaul@whatiff.info or submissions@whatiff.info
Old 09 August 2022, 02:43   #23
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Issue 6 of WhatIFF? is now available from www.whatiff.info and soon on Aminet (It has been uploaded and just waiting for the site to be updated). This is a really feature packed issue with some new writers joining the magazine and two new sections. Thanks again has to go out to John, Kevin and Ivan for bringing their expertise to each issue and for putting up with my nagging lol. You guys have helped make this dream project into a reality for me. Here`s to all the WhatIFF? writing crew!
Old 09 August 2022, 03:03   #24
Pyromania

Another great issue, thanx a bunch.
Old 09 August 2022, 05:01   #25
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Thank you! Actually the .lha file has been updated as the original one was an older version the new updated and correct version is now available on the www.whatiff.info site and hopefully Aminet too.
Old 15 August 2022, 18:34   #26
klx300r

Thumbs up

@ amifan

great issue to read on my miggies and thanks again Timo for all your work to get new issues setup & released
Old 16 August 2022, 09:03   #27
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Thanks @klx300r, your article was a great addition this issue
Old 11 October 2022, 09:01   #28
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

WhatIFF? Issue 7 October/November is now available from the www.whatiff.info website and shortly Aminet. Thank you to all who wrote for this issue, it was our biggest one yet that came in at 42 A4 printed pages, took me a little while to proofread it
Old 11 October 2022, 15:06   #29
EctoOne

I assume AmiTree is supposed to be AmyTree?
Old 11 October 2022, 15:35   #30
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Oh yes, thank you for the catch, I will update the guide tonight, if you find anything please let me know *Updated now with the correct spelling.

Last edited by amifan; 11 October 2022 at 15:50.
Old 11 October 2022, 16:02   #31
levellord

Thank you @amifan, I appreciate all the work you do here!
Old 12 October 2022, 04:17   #32
klx300r

@ amifan

Old 12 October 2022, 04:21   #33
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

It is my pleasure guys, but the thanks really have to go out to the writers who submit and put their knowledge and experience into written form, so massive thank you and respect to John, Steve, Ivan and Kevin, the magazine would not be where it is without your support. The next issue will be a big one for us as it will be the Xmas issue and our first year as a magazine which is kind of unbelievable.
Old 14 October 2022, 11:21   #34
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Just playing with an idea to *maybe* print an annual issue of the magazine, it would contain the best articles from the last year as chosen either by the writers or readers, it would include content not included in the online edition as well. Due to the lack of time we can spend on the magazine this would just be once a year ... what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatIFFAnnual.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	922.5 KB
ID:	76823  
Old 14 October 2022, 11:42   #35
stevelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by amifan View Post
Just playing with an idea to *maybe* print an annual issue of the magazine

*If(f)* you have the time, I think an annual would be a brilliant idea. As long as it contains all of the annual content, whatever else is a bonus. Having content not included in the online edition... feels wrong in ways I'm struggling to find how to articulate. I think it's a combo of the mag being free and it feeling like it's depriving the mag of free content for paid content.

But it's your mag so your rules obvs
Old 14 October 2022, 11:50   #36
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

Yeah that is something I was thinking, it would not be right to not include all the content for the paid issue, so I was thinking all the content plus some bonus content. I would need some help from the contributors though with images/photos of their articles.

I am glad to hear you would be up for it Steve Probably we would have to set up page to take orders and once we reach a certain point the magazine can go ahead.

Just the logistics and where to print are something that I need to think more on, oh and learn a DTP program lol - but it is something I love to do!
Old 14 October 2022, 18:27   #37
stevelord

Maybe rather than aiming for this year you could aim for two volumes at the end of next year. Gives you the time to do it properly and get it the way you want it instead of rushing it if life gets in the way.

It also means you can put a preview together for say Easter next year, open an order page for christmas delivery and start printing around October for Christmas deliveries if you line the issue order up right.
Old 15 October 2022, 09:32   #38
amifan
WhatIFF? Amiga Magazine

That makes a lot of sense, it will take time to layout the magazine due to other commitments. Hopefully we can get enough interest to get the annual issues printed, if anyone knows of a good printing service with decent rates please contact me. I am thinking of getting it printed in either the UK or the States, if I have it printed in Japan it will make it more expensive shipping from Japan, but this means having someone in either the UK or States to help with the logistics.
Old 15 October 2022, 11:20   #39
Silverstreak

I love this idea. Like a WhatIFF digest!
Old 15 October 2022, 11:26   #40
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by amifan View Post
Just playing with an idea to *maybe* print an annual issue of the magazine, it would contain the best articles from the last year as chosen either by the writers or readers, it would include content not included in the online edition as well. Due to the lack of time we can spend on the magazine this would just be once a year ... what do you guys think?
you could release a PDF fanzine instead, so you can publish every month. I know the fashion of paper, but 1 issue at year, i don't know if it is a success project.