English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 January 2021, 21:24   #81
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

I'm still waiting on my issue to arrive. I think the last email I got was the order was shipping preparation started back on Nov 18.
Old 17 January 2021, 01:12   #82
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkBitten View Post
I'm still waiting on my issue to arrive. I think the last email I got was the order was shipping preparation started back on Nov 18.
Sorry about that Snk - mail between the UK and the US seems exceptionally slow at the moment. I just received something from WV and it took over a month to get here. Hopefully soon!
Old 18 January 2021, 23:45   #83
ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelsAtDawn View Post
Sorry about that Snk - mail between the UK and the US seems exceptionally slow at the moment. I just received something from WV and it took over a month to get here. Hopefully soon!
Yes most of us in the US are still waiting, i believe its all jammed up in customs. the mail delay from the holidays made it worse. i'm still waiting for some stuff i ordered before thats coming from Germany. so we just wait and check the mail
Old 20 January 2021, 22:13   #84
Gilbert

I got download for the second issue available - but going to wait for it to arrive in the post before I read it, Looking forward to the CD32 section this issue
Old 21 January 2021, 02:10   #85
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
I got download for the second issue available - but going to wait for it to arrive in the post before I read it, Looking forward to the CD32 section this issue
Hi Gilbert, yeah I've just ordered and it's great to have our CD32 section !
Old 22 January 2021, 03:31   #86
wanderer
I want an A1000

Just found out about this - ordered, subscribed and waiting. Quite amazing stuff, really. Thank you all for bringing back those great Amiga UK Mag memories.

Ok, AmigaBill is no Roger Dean landscape but that warm Amiga smile and cap are actually a perfect Kickstart!
Old 22 January 2021, 09:23   #87
Psiq
Keen Collector

I only ordered the 1st issue to see what it was like. Really enjoyed it and I have subscribed for the next 6 issues.
Old 22 January 2021, 14:27   #88
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Thanks all, glad you're enjoying it!
Old 23 January 2021, 00:29   #89
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Ok, AmigaBill is no Roger Dean landscape but that warm Amiga smile and cap are actually a perfect Kickstart!
LOL I agree, but I do know how to get the party started
Old 27 January 2021, 18:30   #90
Gilbert

Hey heard you on Retro Hour podcast Bill! ( I am always very far behind on podcasts). Great stuff. Interesting to hear about the Amiga artist lady you helped - also in magazine
Old 28 January 2021, 02:25   #91
AmigaBill

Quote:
Hey heard you on Retro Hour podcast Bill! ( I am always very far behind on podcasts). Great stuff. Interesting to hear about the Amiga artist lady you helped - also in magazine
Thanks Gilbert! I have become great friends with her. She is awesome. I am anxious to do another project with her but the pandemic as prevented us from doing so. But hopefully soon. She has an A1200 now!
Old 29 January 2021, 12:09   #92
rats

Issue 2 is printed and dispatched check out our latest blog entry https://www.amiga-addict.com/issue-2...nd-dispatched/
Old 29 January 2021, 14:47   #93
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I subscribed for six months too- good magazine. I will will wait for the physical copy rather than the digital one though.
Old 29 January 2021, 20:57   #94
Havie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
I subscribed for six months too- good magazine. I will will wait for the physical copy rather than the digital one though.
Me too - looking forward to issue 2 now!
Old 29 January 2021, 21:09   #95
Octopus66

I got issue 2 already - great job lads! It looks great from a quick scan
Old 29 January 2021, 23:26   #96
Radertified

I'm still on issue 1 because I'm slow, but it's a well done mag so far. I'm glad I went the subscription route.

It was neat seeing Ben Vost's name pop up. Would be cool to see what editors of old (Ben Vost, Nick Veitch, Tony Horgan, etc) think of the idea of an Amiga magazine in 2021, and if they're interesting in reading, or even contributing!
Old 30 January 2021, 02:44   #97
-Acid-

Issue 2 arrived Friday morning... it'll take me a week or two to read it as I only read mags in a certain room of the house once a day
Old 30 January 2021, 08:24   #98
Wavemaker

Welcome to the retro magazine world!

Waiting for mine to arrive, crossing fingers as deliveries from the UK seem troubled at the moment.
Old 01 February 2021, 18:19   #99
Gilbert

I received my issue today and very happy to see the CD32 section. Have just skimmed it so far (busy with work) but like this issue very much. Just a minor complaint but bigger game screenshots in the CD32 section please! I like the larger size you use in the general Amiga games reviews. This issue looks really good though. Definitely made the right choice subscribing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBill View Post
Thanks Gilbert! I have become great friends with her. She is awesome. I am anxious to do another project with her but the pandemic as prevented us from doing so. But hopefully soon. She has an A1200 now!
Great stuff Hope you guys can get together again soon. Always like to hear when people use Amiga's for their art
Old 02 February 2021, 04:09   #100
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
I received my issue today and very happy to see the CD32 section. Have just skimmed it so far (busy with work) but like this issue very much. Just a minor complaint but bigger game screenshots in the CD32 section please! I like the larger size you use in the general Amiga games reviews. This issue looks really good though. Definitely made the right choice subscribing!

Great stuff Hope you guys can get together again soon. Always like to hear when people use Amiga's for their art
Glad you like it - I'll pass on the feedback!