English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 08 November 2004, 23:30   #1
NobleAtreides

Question Need name for game, had amazing speech intro

Greetings all, I am new to this forum,

Back in the day when I received my 1st computer, an A500, I started growing a game collection, and I can't remember title to this particular one:

The introduction to the game was narrated in speech, for almost a minute if not a bit more, about a solar system, or another planet, or a galaxy of some kind, narrated in a mature male voice, perhaps old english / british sounding...

The type of game seemed like a graphic adventure, set on some distant planet surface, perhaps aqua blue in color not sure, nicely drawn character(s) (npcs), sort of side scrolling, ballon text i think, with the occasional sword (or sabre?) deul fighting scenes.

I kinda remember interacting with an npc, he was talking about offering me some "fission chips?"

Sorry for the vague clues, perhaps the game was on 4 disks, not sure, but the intro was narrated in a very natural tone, was the first time I heard an amiga game "talk"

thanks for all the feedback

Old 09 November 2004, 00:21   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

It's The Kristal

And the person who narrated the intro was Sir Patrick Moore

edit
and sadly I can still pretty much word for word recite the entire intro speech from memory...
Old 09 November 2004, 00:46   #3
NobleAtreides

The Kristal it is!!!

Thank you Belgarath! The Kristal it is indeed! I also thought that the word 'crystal' was lingering in my mind...What do ya know, it's from Cinemaware to boot! My favorite developer...

But I never gave this game a real chance...

Tell me, should I get a real amiga to replay these games? Or should I go the emulator route..?

Old 09 November 2004, 13:17   #4
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

It really comes down to how genuine you want your experience. Emulation can give you back alot of those old memories, with many added conveniences. But it will only feel 100% authentic if you play it on a real Amiga. The choice is really up to you.