English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 06 October 2021, 22:08   #101
Wictorsson

Sorry BeelzebubUK for late reply. Had forgotten to subscribe to the thread!

Thanks for taking the time to do some testing! Glad you got it working on the 1200. However, I am on a 500 and am having no success so far. :-/

Does anyone else have a set of these that work on a 500? I would LOVE to play this again on my original Amiga on a CRT screen with friends!
Old 07 October 2021, 02:16   #102
BeelzebubUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wictorsson View Post
Sorry BeelzebubUK for late reply. Had forgotten to subscribe to the thread!

Thanks for taking the time to do some testing! Glad you got it working on the 1200. However, I am on a 500 and am having no success so far. :-/

Does anyone else have a set of these that work on a 500? I would LOVE to play this again on my original Amiga on a CRT screen with friends!
Have you tried it without the memory expansion installed ? On my original A1200 I had to run TUDE with no fast mem to get it working so maybe the extra memory is causing the issue ? Sadly I don't have any Amigas anymore so can't test it properly.
Old 07 October 2021, 02:32   #103
BeelzebubUK

Not sure if this will help but I've also got it working in WinUAE as a A500 with this combination. Only worked when I set it to have 1MB CHIP RAM, it would guru with only 512KB CHIP or with 512KB CHIP and 512KB FAST. Not sure if you can replicate it on your A500 ?

Old 07 October 2021, 02:39   #104
BeelzebubUK

Definitely seems to be a CHIP RAM thing. Any combination works as long as there is at least 1MB of CHIP RAM configured (A500 OCS, A500 ECS, A1200 etc)

I think the disk images are fine....the game is just picky about RAM
Old 11 February 2022, 14:54   #105
BeelzebubUK

Greetings fellow Mayhemers

Just wanted to let you all know that an awesome guy who did a PC port years ago after seeing this thread has now made a javascript version which also has extra maps

https://devpack.github.io/mayhem-html5/

Player 1 : W (left), X (right), C (shield), V (thrust), G (fire)
Player 2 : Left cursor (left), Right cursor (right), Numpad 0 (shield), Numpad . (thrust), Numpad Enter (fire)
Player 3/4 - Gamepads

Enjoy
Old 11 February 2022, 20:48   #106
Ami

@BeelzebubUK

Do you still have disk images of Mayhem?
Old 11 February 2022, 21:21   #107
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
@BeelzebubUK

Do you still have disk images of Mayhem?
Available here.
Old 17 February 2022, 09:21   #108
paranormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeelzebubUK View Post
Greetings fellow Mayhemers

Just wanted to let you all know that an awesome guy who did a PC port years ago after seeing this thread has now made a javascript version which also has extra maps

https://devpack.github.io/mayhem-html5/

Player 1 : W (left), X (right), C (shield), V (thrust), G (fire)
Player 2 : Left cursor (left), Right cursor (right), Numpad 0 (shield), Numpad . (thrust), Numpad Enter (fire)
Player 3/4 - Gamepads

Enjoy

Thanks for the presentation BeelzebubUK !

I am now adding the online multi-player support, well that's the end goal, play with you all

I took a look on how to do that nowadays and would need some advise, here is what I found.

At first I wanted to be the lightest possible, no new server, only P2P communication between the players but that might not be the best choice.

– Websockets: efficient, the connexion stays open, firewall and NATs traversal through the "Web Application Messaging Protocol" https://crossbar.io/docs/Getting-Started , but that's only TCP, no UDP available, and that might be mandatory to get acceptable latency.

- Same for the older MQTT, but seems there is a new specification for UDP: http://www.steves-internet-guide.com/mqtt-sn/

– QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connection), in the future ? https://docs.rackspace.com/blog/quic-a-game-changer

– Then WebRTC seems to be the one, UDP or TCP, firewall and NATs traversal using ICE + STUN.