English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Missing Full Shareware Games

Old 08 June 2021, 08:32   #61
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@amipeguser :
If you need some help to preserve it, let us know.
Old 08 June 2021, 09:56   #62
AMIPEGUSER

Hi guys,

of course I can help here.
I am a member in a group of some guys at the a1k.org (Germany) which will be inofficially work together with softpres. We all have kryoflux and try to preserve games which are not listed or wanted at softpres.
Because no one at softpres have the time to list and actualise all these games we are make at all at just for our own. And as it is as softpres the IPFs are not public.
If someone has a defektive Original he can get in contact and we can help than.
That means we preserve the games via kryoflux and one of us (aPex) check if the streams will useful. If they are Ok we make inofficials IPFs of that.
But we still use the rules of softpres. That means that a disk must be 100% unmodified to be good for a IPF. So if a disk is dublicated on a Amiga it is not possible to prove if it is a unmodified Original. Unless we find a copy which is a 100% match to the first stream.
So for me "preserve" still means it will be saved as IPF, which will be not possible in the case of Dark Angel. This game was dublicated on a Amiga. But I have the working Originals here (bought at the german "Spielekiste" at the end of the 90s) and because I always have Game copys of all my Originals - I just have working copys , too.
So I think it will be no problem to save them as ADFs here.
Because I am new here, I believe I can not upload in the zone, so I will be give the ADFs to nujack and he will be upload the Game in the zone.
Just as he did it with the rare Space Cab Game.
Old 08 June 2021, 10:28   #63
fryguy

You can get access to the zone see faq

http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item
Old 08 June 2021, 12:04   #64
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIPEGUSER View Post
Hi guys,

I am a member in a group of some guys at the a1k.org (Germany) which will be inofficially work together with softpres. We all have kryoflux and try to preserve games which are not listed or wanted at softpres.
Because no one at softpres have the time to list and actualise all these games we are make at all at just for our own. And as it is as softpres the IPFs are not public.
That means we preserve the games via kryoflux and one of us (aPex) check if the streams will useful. If they are Ok we make inofficials IPFs of that.
But we still use the rules of softpres. That means that a disk must be 100% unmodified to be good for a IPF. So if a disk is dublicated on a Amiga it is not possible to prove if it is a unmodified Original. Unless we find a copy which is a 100% match to the first stream.
So for me "preserve" still means it will be saved as IPF, which will be not possible in the case of Dark Angel. This game was dublicated on a Amiga. But I have the working Originals here (bought at the german "Spielekiste" at the end of the 90s) and because I always have Game copys of all my Originals - I just have working copys , too.
Because I am new here, I believe I can not upload in the zone, so I will be give the ADFs to nujack and he will be upload the Game in the zone.
Cool
If nujack is too busy, let me know (PM). I can give a hand to move file(s) to the zone until you have access yourself
Old 08 June 2021, 23:22   #65
nujack
Zone Friend

I‘m here and I will support as far as I can. I can‘t believe by myself that the full version was found but it‘s really true.
I have received the ADF-files and played it until Level 3. I‘ll upload it tomorrow.
Here is a short teaser for today:
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2446875-544B-421A-A000-A98073DA6C50.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	650.2 KB
ID:	72239
Old 09 June 2021, 00:01   #66
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

^
Old 09 June 2021, 09:14   #67
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIPEGUSER View Post
Hi guys,

Hello, i can help there, i will check if the disks are modified or not, and from there i will process the dumps and generate IPF files if possible.
Old 09 June 2021, 10:38   #68
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Can we then get it whdloaded? Looks nice indeed
Old 09 June 2021, 10:45   #69
AMIPEGUSER

First, I have to say...
It is great that I can help here, to solve a problem which get around since years, so it seems.

Quote:
Hello, i can help there, i will check if the disks are modified or not, and from there i will process the dumps and generate IPF files if possible.
As I said, aPex just check our streams and he can tell whats good and whats wrong.

A few years ago we send a big stock of streams and Ipfs with new games to softpres. But nothing happens so far. None of these Games was newly listed at softpres. I believe we had around 800 Games preserved (most german versions) which are not listed at softpres.

So at the moment we keep our Saves in our group just to help or repair damaged Originals.

If you want to help, just get in contact with aPex. He can decide what will happen...
Old 09 June 2021, 23:49   #70
nujack
Zone Friend

Full version of "Dark Angel" was uploaded to the zone (3 disks).
I've played until level 3 until I got stuck in the 2nd picture. The first 2 passwords are "Prelude" and "Phobos". Great game that reminds me on Flashback.
Have Fun ...
Old 10 June 2021, 00:01   #71
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Nice one, I remember enjoying the demo.
Old 10 June 2021, 07:49   #72
ransom1122

I made a Longplay

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 June 2021, 10:08   #73
apex

Digging in the past and finding old stuff is so wonderful. We should make unofficial IPFs for this great game.

@AMIPEGUSER
Thank you!!!!
Old 10 June 2021, 12:52   #74
jurassicman

This game looks pretty cool, thanks!
Old 10 June 2021, 13:10   #75
Fiery Phoenix

Quality - remember reading this thread a while back and with disappearing forum members thought we would never see it. Great find!
Old 10 June 2021, 13:19   #76
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
Digging in the past and finding old stuff is so wonderful. We should make unofficial IPFs for this great game.

@AMIPEGUSER
Thank you!!!!
Do you want some help on that matter ? Contact me by PM
Old 10 June 2021, 14:59   #77
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Shweeeeeeeeet

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Neil79; 10 June 2021 at 18:17.
Old 10 June 2021, 16:05   #78
Gzegzolka

Thanks for everybody who were involved in saving that game from being forgotten.
Old 10 June 2021, 16:20   #79
New Sky

Hello,

Great ! Like what, there are always good surprises even nowadays.

And Flashback is going to have a real sequel 30 years later.
Old 10 June 2021, 19:59   #80
AMIPEGUSER

I already have made a Kryoflux Streams of Dark Angel and it is on the a1k Stream Server.
Apex will handle that.

@ransom1122
I never finished the Game in 25 years and you made a longplay in a few days.
RESPECT!!!