English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 06 November 2007, 14:43   #1
Lambizkit

Setting up a hard drive.

I'm new to the Amiga emulation scene. I have installed WinUAE and I have a copy of Amiga Forever as well, not sure if it's required. I am currently trying to play Amberstar. Of all the .ADF files I've downloaded for the game they have all been German. I finally found some english .ADF files but they are install files only. I created three disks, formatted them and installed the game from the original .ADF files to my newly formatted disks. I only got a blank screen when loading my new disks but could hear the music in the background. I tried this numerous times. So the only other option for me was to emulate a hard drive and install the game there. In WinUAE I've created a hard drive directory named Games and labeled it DH0. It shows up in the Workbench but when I got to install Amberstar there it says there is not enough space. There was no option to pick space when I created the directory. I then decided to try creating a hardfile because I knew I could choose the size there. So I created it and labeled it DH1. I went back and tried installing it there and go the same not enough space error. It was a 100MB file, which is more than enough for this very small game. I am at a loss as to what to do as far as hard drives are concerned. I have no wish in setting up a real hard drive for this, I just want to know if I can emulate one and would very much appreciate any help offered. Thanks.

Jason

Old 07 November 2007, 18:43   #2
Duel

I want to know this too for my Test Drive 2 playdisk so I'll wait for help too.