English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 20 May 2021, 13:19   #21
petarku

@jotd wonderful news that you are looking into swos whdload! if you could fix the those 2 problems that playaveli mentioned so we can have this classic fully functional in whdload that would be great.
Old 20 May 2021, 13:47   #22
Octopus66

I notice Galahad updated the WHDLoad page in April FYI

SWOS (Sensible Software), 99% Complete - Enhancements and updates 2021-04-24 Galahad
Old 20 May 2021, 14:54   #23
wiz12

Anyone else have a problem with the controls on the main menu screen in SWOS2021 whdload version? the movement seems to be constantly stuck on right and I can't play the game as a result.
Old 20 May 2021, 15:13   #24
jotd
This cat is no more

first can someone confirm that the slowdowns are gone?

Then please open a mantis ticket on http://mantis.whdload.de because else I'm going to forget this.
Old 20 May 2021, 15:27   #25
petarku

@wiz I was asking playaveli about it and he told me that this is "on purpose" because player 2 is activated by game start for multiplayer. to avoid this, just disable PORT 0 before start or disconnect the mouse from port0. If you have joystick in port0 it should be fine just to move it around and it will dissapear. Playaveli can explain more in details what is happening there. I disconnected the mouse on my amiga and it is working as expected.
Old 20 May 2021, 15:29   #26
petarku

@jotd ticket is opened already on loading tactic problem http://mantis.whdload.de/view.php?id=1024 and http://mantis.whdload.de/view.php?id=563

Last edited by petarku; 20 May 2021 at 15:31. Reason: adding aditional ticket
Old 20 May 2021, 16:01   #27
jotd
This cat is no more

a lot of games have issues when mouse is connected (Chaos Engine is another one)

What I did is an option to disable read of the port. But obviously in that case you can't play with someone else.

So nobody confirmed that the speed issue reported years ago is gone ?
Old 20 May 2021, 17:12   #28
petarku

@jotd i will check it for weekend and let you know
Old 20 May 2021, 17:13   #29
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by petarku View Post
@wiz I was asking playaveli about it and he told me that this is "on purpose" because player 2 is activated by game start for multiplayer. to avoid this, just disable PORT 0 before start or disconnect the mouse from port0. If you have joystick in port0 it should be fine just to move it around and it will dissapear. Playaveli can explain more in details what is happening there. I disconnected the mouse on my amiga and it is working as expected.

Thanks for that explaination petarku, I will try your advice.
Old 20 May 2021, 18:22   #30
Playaveli
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

Send a message via ICQ to Playaveli Send a message via AIM to Playaveli Send a message via MSN to Playaveli
Yep, I can confirm what petarku said! For single player, just disable the mouse port or connect a joystick to it and move around.

@jotd:
There is no speed issue with the whdload version! I will play test again on one of my next streams, though.

Following bugs should be ironed out:

- saving / loading tactics does not work (confirmed!)

- reading files from the "save" directory is faulty (eg CUSTOMS.EDT file is not read properly), or when you copy a career file into the save directory. Will confirm this later after more play-testing.
Old 21 May 2021, 20:24   #31
petarku

@jotd i just tested new slave on my amiga 1200 with 4gb fast ram. I didnt experienced any slowdowns and flickering on match start that i saw before .
I tested saving present competition and career and load it after and all is working fine.
Great job !
bug with load custom tactics is still present, if you have time to fix let us know if you need some help for testing.
Best Regards,
Petarku
Old 21 May 2021, 21:26   #32
jotd
This cat is no more

can you open a bug report for the tactics? please explain the simplest way to reproduce the issue.

I'm not familiar with that game other than start a friendly match. I don't care much about soccer games.

Also do you need a switch to disable mouse port (one player mode)? I can implement that too.
Old 22 May 2021, 00:13   #33
petarku

hi jotd , again thanks for taking time to fix this.
fair enough that you dont play soccer games so let me try to explain the scenario

start the game
click on edit tactics
choose user A for example
you will see the screen with the players and field , move cursor to the field and above one of the player and click and move couple of players up or down or whatever
go to save - you will get the notice that tactics is changed
save tactics under some name
All good so far.
then go again to edit tactics
choose user a tactic for example
click on import
go to load
choose tactics file that you saved

Expected result : positions of the players on the field is the same as you saved it
Actual result : all of the players are placed on right down positions on the field. in edit tactic name on that screen there is some garbage character in the name , to me looks like right offset from the file is not read or something but that is just my wild guess.

i created new issue in mantis with these steps. http://mantis.whdload.de/view.php?id=5220

on disabling mouse port, issue with cursor going in one direction on start of the game where you need to disable mouse port to fix is something that is present only on newer fan update versions of swos ... updates 2020 and 2021 i think (playaveli will know better), for us priority would be to fix few bugs that exists on original slave and then if you will have still have time and will to work on it then we can talk about nice to have things.
I would check the mantis issue tracker again if tactic will be fixed and I can retest reported bugs and close them to clean up the list.

Last edited by petarku; 22 May 2021 at 01:23. Reason: more clarification on flow
Old 03 June 2021, 17:59   #34
petarku

@jotd is there any update on tactics issue , let me know if you need any help with testing
Old 03 June 2021, 18:13   #35
jotd
This cat is no more

ok, I'm currently pretty busy with another project, but if I have questions I can use mantis and you'll get an e-mail
Old 03 June 2021, 22:45   #36
petarku

no worries, thanks for fast reply
Old 03 August 2021, 15:22   #37
petarku

@jotd i saw you were asking for some additional clarification how to reproduce the issue on the mantis tracker. Sent you png screenshots there, let me know if anything else is needed
Old 29 August 2021, 13:24   #38
wiz12

Do save games work on SWOS 2021? whenever I try to save or load a game from DF0, the game crashes.