English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 21 September 2022, 20:32   #1
DisasterIncarna

Steam Deck + FS-UAE

lucily got mine to play around with now and ofc yes, i instantly put on FS-UAE and set the launcher as a non steam game so it runs fine, which it does.

I can already see "things" need to be tweaked/changed somewhere tho, the setup/config i use for my Pi400 and Winblows setup when used without change on the steam deck causes...... perfect boot, fast as fudge workbench desktop, blazing fast icons, the usual/expected behaviour.

Just for some reason any audio sounds like slow motion, so need to mess with any/all my options that might be causing that, if anyone else had that issue and fixed it, consider throwing solutions my way
Old 21 September 2022, 21:02   #2
DisasterIncarna

hmm, its 1 of the CPU related advanced settings, bulk disabled the whole lot and i have no issues, the whole things runs like a dream

now to setup the controller/button/mouse options in the steam controller settings.
Old 22 September 2022, 02:48   #3
lmimmfn

Did you disable all but one core in CPU config? For other emulators the recommendation is to just disable 1 core and have 3 active. WinUAE probably only uses 1 but good to have 2 or 2 for OS etc.
Old 22 September 2022, 03:06   #4
Pyromania

Thanx for the tips, I’m getting one of these sometime later this year.
Old 22 September 2022, 20:03   #5
DisasterIncarna

ok so i have 2 shortcuts added to the steam deck, 1 to run the launcher, 1 to run FS-UAE directly.

For running directly I am launching "FS-UAE /home/deck/Downloads/Emulation/FS-UAE/Configurations/OS32.fs-uae"

and the config does indeed run, however i noticed i am hearing the floppy drive clicking sounds which i had disabled in the global config in the launcher.

So does this mean as i am bypassing the launcher, this means global settings arent read before the custom config and I need to add all the global config settings to the custom config? Or have i launched it the wrong way?

Guesing i have done it wrong given that when i launch the custom config direct my mouse/controller/other options are on defaults/nothing.
Old 22 September 2022, 20:32   #6
Pyromania

Thanks awesome news, I can't wait to try this.
Old 23 September 2022, 00:32   #7
DisasterIncarna

Ok, i just passed the config option to the launcher instead of FS-UAE and it autoboots with everything working except moving my bluetooth mouse causes the mouse pointer to jump to the bottom right of the screen, the steam controls all work tho and they are emulating a mouse.

Apart from that issue, everything seems to be working just fine now. the onscreen virtual keyboard it glitchy in many places and in many other programs so im using a bluetooth keyboard and its working perfectly fine as well.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 16 February 2023 at 11:03.