English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Releases

Old Yesterday, 16:25   #1021
grond

Watching one of the latest videos I wonder whether that jumpy stride animation is too big in height difference. It gave me nausea (but a lot of 1st person view games do nowadays). Actually, when we walk or run we never see the world jumping about, we compensate for that movement with our eyes. I know this was a feature of the original game but ideally there would be an option to disable it.
Old Yesterday, 16:52   #1022
amipal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
In the Zone AB3DTKG-Blitz1260.lha is a working installation. You can add any new .exes to it.
This appears to have dropped off The Zone now - can someone re-upload it please? Or pop it on FTP?
Old Yesterday, 17:00   #1023
Karlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Watching one of the latest videos I wonder whether that jumpy stride animation is too big in height difference. It gave me nausea (but a lot of 1st person view games do nowadays). Actually, when we walk or run we never see the world jumping about, we compensate for that movement with our eyes. I know this was a feature of the original game but ideally there would be an option to disable it.
Well, I'll be looking at it soone enough because it's connected with the drifting of flat textures. I think that at the time, player bobbing turned up to the point of walking like a chimp wearing a nappy filled with cold porridge was all the rage.