English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 22 October 2022, 08:46   #41
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZtOcKdOg View Post
@yesplease Does the vAmiga emu support 2 button games?
vAmigaWeb is based on vAmiga ... vAmiga does not explicitly support a so called 2n joystick button yet... but we can enhance this when we know wich wired signal connection has to be used for such a 2nd button.

@aZtOcKdOg
does the second button on joystick trigger the same signal as the right mouse button ?
Old 22 October 2022, 10:01   #42
aZtOcKdOg

A browser-based Amiga emulation for iPad and iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
vAmigaWeb is based on vAmiga ... vAmiga does not explicitly support a so called 2n joystick button yet... but we can enhance this when we know wich wired signal connection has to be used for such a 2nd button.

@aZtOcKdOg
does the second button on joystick trigger the same signal as the right mouse button ?

Correct yes (I just tested a 2btn game -Devil’s Temple- with the mouse in vAmigaWeb to confirm)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by aZtOcKdOg; 22 October 2022 at 10:45.
Old 23 October 2022, 00:29   #43
yesplease

Quote:
Correct yes (I just tested a 2btn game -Devil’s Temple- with the mouse in vAmigaWeb to confirm)
@aZtOcKdOg
thats good news... that means that without pushing out a new versionof vAmigaWeb it already supports 2btn games ... although you have to customize a bit, i.e. create an actionbutton for 2nd button with the '+' icon from the nav bar...

you have to follow basically the same instructions which explained @japandrej a few days ago how to remap the fire button to another key on the keyboard... but this time the script is different ...

you can remap the fire button like so:
1. create a new action button with '+' icon from the nav bar
2. give it a label e.g. 'fire [x]'
3. give it a shortcut key e.g. 'x'
4. change script type from 'actionscript' to 'javascript'
5. paste the following javascript

Module._wasm_mouse_button(2/*port*/, 3, 1/* down */);
await action_button_released(this_id);
Module._wasm_mouse_button(2/*port*/, 3, 0/* up */);

6. save the action button

now whenever you press key 'x' the 2nd fire button of joystick2 triggers

when you want it to be a touch button then you have to go to settings and enable 'lock action buttons' to get rid of button edit gestures.

or alternatively you could alter the script like this

Module._wasm_mouse_button(2/*port*/, 3, 1/* down */);
await action("500ms");
Module._wasm_mouse_button(2/*port*/, 3, 0/* up */);

in which case you don't need to deactivate the button gestures via the lock because you are not waiting until the release of the 2nd button.

we must face that this way of support is only partial... to map also the 2nd button on a game controller we have to change vAmigaWeb, also maybe for the virtual touch joystick? Mapping of the game controller is also really easy to implement... lets do this too...

Last edited by yesplease; 23 October 2022 at 18:35.
Old 23 October 2022, 18:36   #44
yesplease

@aZtOcKdOg
Until now vAmigaWeb maps all buttons (which are not axis buttons) of a game controller to Amiga fire button 1...

How should we do for 2nd btn ?

An approach could be: we do alternating map fire1 and fire2 ...

lets say we have 5 special buttons then all buttons with a even button index are fire1 and all buttons with odd button index will be mapped to 2nd fire

do you think this is ok ?
Old 30 October 2022, 11:59   #45
aZtOcKdOg

A browser-based Amiga emulation for iPad and iPhone

@yesplease

Sorry for delay reply (my notifications didnt show up for some reason!)

Using the new game Devil’s Temple as an example, I noticed that on a fully implemented CD32 pad emu (like UAE4ARM or Amiberry) 3 of the buttons do different things:

Fire1=kick
Fire2=punch
Fire3(not sure what actual mapping it is)=jump

So I suppose to get ‘full’ proper button support will need more than 2… but 2 is a great start (for WHDLoad patch updates that use second btn jump like Gods, Turrican, Zool etc)

I’ll look at your post closely to see what I can think of but lets bounce off each other? You are awesome man thanks for all this work btw

/EDIT/: Ahhh I see what you mean… allocate 5 ‘special’ buttons for gamepad (as a futureproof approach) but simply map 1,3,5 as Fire1 and 2,4,6 to Fire2 for now

Old 30 October 2022, 18:54   #46
yesplease

@aZtOcKdOg

Quote:
Fire1=kick
Fire2=punch
Fire3(not sure what actual mapping it is)=jump
I see ... for the 3rd button I opened an issue at

https://github.com/dirkwhoffmann/vAmiga/issues/747

the vAmigaCore project led by @dirkwhoffmann on which vAmigaWeb is based has to be changed API wise to support the 3rd button.

Quote:
/EDIT/: Ahhh I see what you mean… allocate 5 ‘special’ buttons for gamepad (as a futureproof approach) but simply map 1,3,5 as Fire1 and 2,4,6 to Fire2 for now
yes correct... UI wise I plan to add a new setting

'type of game controller' with the values

'one fire button'
'two fire buttons'
'three fire buttons'

and make the virtual touch joystick, the keyboard joystick emulation and the physical game controller adapting to the new setting...

... me thinking that there are also cases where 'one fire button' beats a 'three button joystick' in usablility. e.g. for a 'one button' virtual touch joystick it would reserve the complete right touch area for the fire button... for a two or three button virtual touch joystick the right touch area would be divided in two or three parts ... making parts of the touch screen wasted on a game which needs only one button. Do I have the correct understanding? Should we go that way ?
Old 31 October 2022, 05:43   #47
aZtOcKdOg

Quote:
@aZtOcKdOg

'type of game controller' with the values

'one fire button'
'two fire buttons'
'three fire buttons'

and make the virtual touch joystick, the keyboard joystick emulation and the physical game controller adapting to the new setting...

... me thinking that there are also cases where 'one fire button' beats a 'three button joystick' in usablility. e.g. for a 'one button' virtual touch joystick it would reserve the complete right touch area for the fire button... for a two or three button virtual touch joystick the right touch area would be divided in two or three parts ... making parts of the touch screen wasted on a game which needs only one button. Do I have the correct understanding? Should we go that way ?
That is an excellent approach / effective use of screen realestate… I think that sounds spot on

Old 03 November 2022, 15:29   #48
aZtOcKdOg

@yesplease Hey could I DM you somewhere to chat about a project I am working on that I wonder if vAmigaWeb could play apart? Here or GitHub or are you on other platforms?

Thanks! (oh and great work with new controller implementations)

Old 03 November 2022, 22:30   #49
yesplease

Quote:
@yesplease Hey could I DM you somewhere to chat about a project I am working on that I wonder if vAmigaWeb could play apart? Here or GitHub or are you on other platforms?
sure ... you can direct message me here at eab or at github.com where you could start a discussion e.g. at https://github.com/vAmigaWeb/vAmigaWeb/discussions

Quote:
oh and great work with new controller implementations
just completed the full 2nd and 3rd button support in vAmigaWeb . for external controllers, virtual touch joystick and the keyboard joystick emulation... also mapped the middle mouse button when using a physical mouse... the changes are pushed all to the uat (user acceptance test) at https://vamigaweb.github.io/uat/ lets play around with it for some days and when it is stable we can push it to its official address.
Old 05 November 2022, 11:28   #50
aZtOcKdOg

2 button physical gamepad works great.
What layout / convention is this multi button gamepad setting comparable to in other emus ie Standard, CD32, Joystick etc

My first tests seems like JoyBTN1 and JoyBTN2 work but third button doesn’t ‘jump’ in Devil’s Temple. But I haven’t tested on a CD32 game yet. Have you had a game work with the 3rd BTN? I’d like to test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05 November 2022, 13:16   #51
yesplease

Quote:
2 button physical gamepad works great.
What layout / convention is this multi button gamepad setting comparable to in other emus ie Standard, CD32, Joystick etc

My first tests seems like JoyBTN1 and JoyBTN2 work but third button doesn’t ‘jump’ in Devil’s Temple. But I haven’t tested on a CD32 game yet. Have you had a game work with the 3rd BTN? I’d like to test!
@aZtOcKdOg

I tested only with this test kit. After startup press F4 which fires up the controller test section…

https://github.com/keirf/amiga-stuff.../testkit-v1.20
Old 05 November 2022, 16:06   #52
aZtOcKdOg

@yesplease Ahh excellent I will give that a go! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06 November 2022, 21:10   #53
yesplease

Quote:
... lets play around with it for some days and when it is stable we can push it to its official address.

@aZtOcKdOg pushed the three button support to the official address https://vAmigaWeb.github.io
Old 13 November 2022, 17:49   #54
aZtOcKdOg

@yesplease hey would feature questions / possible requests etc be preffered via DM or noted on the GitHub repo? Thanks!

Old 13 November 2022, 18:00   #55
yesplease

Quote:
@yesplease hey would feature questions / possible requests etc be preffered via DM or noted on the GitHub repo? Thanks!
@aZtOcKdOg
questions/development/todos are much easier to track if we create issue tickets at https://github.com/vAmigaWeb/vAmigaWeb ...

Last edited by yesplease; 13 November 2022 at 18:26.
Old 13 November 2022, 21:40   #56
aZtOcKdOg

@yesplease ok will do!

Old 11 December 2022, 22:45   #57
yesplease

[ Show youtube player ] vAmigaWeb in action on emulating amiga on iPad. the video shows in particular how to load media into the amiga. Cool this guy uses kickstart 3.2 never tried that version. good to know that it works too.
Old 12 December 2022, 23:29   #58
yesplease

vAmigaWeb runs batman rises by batman group … this demo is just mindblowing

The following link preconfigures vAmigaWeb with the demo disks so that you can start the demo right from here … be prepared for awesomeness

https://vamigaweb.github.io/#%7B%22A...ises.zip%22%7D

Last edited by yesplease; 01 January 2023 at 01:24.
Old 12 March 2023, 09:04   #59
prio

Fantastic work @yesplease. A suggestion would be to put one of the playable demos on the main homepage to grab a casual visitor. Really excellent work.
Old 12 March 2023, 21:03   #60
yesplease

@prio Thank you for the positiv feedback… that makes us happy when you like it !

When you are speaking of main homepage … which page do you mean by that?

There are currently the following pages

News Page
https://vamigaweb.github.io/doc/index.html

About Page - it already contains various demos and games
https://vamigaweb.github.io/doc/about.html

The emulator app itself … which is not so much a page but a web application (aka PWA) which is meant to be installed to the home screen (which gives it more screen space and makes it feel like a native app).
https://vamigaweb.github.io

GitHub Page where the source code lives
https://github.com/vAmigaWeb/vAmigaWeb

BTW: the last two weeks brought some interesting updates for iPad users.

* use any hardware mouse or trackpad in vAmigaWeb on your iPad
* native 50Hz PAL with the ProMotion Display

For more details on that you might want to read the news page mentioned above