English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 22 November 2008, 00:50   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Jump Machine - how do I play it?

Hi,

it looks that Jump Machine (also known on the C64 as Jump! Machine) needs a certain way of tackling things.
When I play with save-state (due to random enemies unpredictable whether you get knocked off the platform or not), I can finish level 1, however, then I'm in HIGHSCORE!
Either the TOSEC version is only configured as a game demo (although there are many levels on the disk [the background picture for level 12 on the TOSEC version is corrupt!]) or I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have a clue for me?
Old 11 April 2018, 18:52   #2
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Same problem here. You first get the highscore, then the game bring you back to title screen. It must be bugged somehow? However, if you start the game next time (press fire on title screen) you will start on level 2 (with score 000000). So all levels can be played even if your score is lost.

Edit: If someone wants to play this crap:

You have to get all crystals before you can take the key to the door. Do that before the time runs out!

Last edited by hipoonios; 11 April 2018 at 19:28.
Old 12 April 2018, 17:18   #3
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

The author made a big mistake. On level 19, he forgot to add the door that takes you to the next level.

I found a way to play the last one though (level 20). Simply replace the files on disk
Old 12 April 2018, 17:57   #4
Amiga1992

hipoonios, your efforts documenting all sorts of crappy PD games will be forever in the pages of Amiga history :P
Seriously, who else would have such patience?
Old 12 April 2018, 18:17   #5
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Thanks.

Jump Machine is not PD though. It's just one of those early Amiga games. This one was released 1987 and I don't know many good Amiga games from that time.
Old 12 April 2018, 18:22   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
The author made a big mistake. On level 19, he forgot to add the door that takes you to the next level.

I found a way to play the last one though (level 20). Simply replace the files on disk
Cool, are you going to share the corrected .ADF?
Old 12 April 2018, 19:26   #7
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Sorry my fix is no good. I just replaced level020.iff with level001.iff so I could record the last level for my longplay and make a screenshot for HOL.

Level 19 can still not be completed and needs to be fixed by someone with more knowledge. I noticed the levels are stored as standard .iff images in the levels drawer. You can clearly see that there is no door on level 19. So this can not be a crack issue or bad disk.
Old 12 April 2018, 19:31   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
When I play with save-state (due to random enemies unpredictable whether you get knocked off the platform or not), I can finish level 1, however, then I'm in HIGHSCORE!
Either the TOSEC version is only configured as a game demo (although there are many levels on the disk [the background picture for level 12 on the TOSEC version is corrupt!]) or I'm doing something wrong.
Quote:
Same problem here. You first get the highscore, then the game bring you back to title screen. It must be bugged somehow? However, if you start the game next time (press fire on title screen) you will start on level 2 (with score 000000). So all levels can be played even if your score is lost.
I gather this happens for all versions of the game on the FTP server?

The reason I ask is that only the first ADF in the search results (i.e. TOSEC version without error) doesn't seem to have corrupted graphics on level 12.

Quote:

I gather you cheated and copied the level 20 files over the level 19 ones (or something like that!)?

If that's the case, there looks to be a level editor(?) on the disk. If so, can that be used to add the missing door for level 19 and produce a 99.9% version (albeit with the highscore bug when you first play the game remaining)?!

Last edited by DrBong; 12 April 2018 at 19:38.
Old 12 April 2018, 19:54   #9
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
I gather this happens for all versions of the game on the FTP server?

The reason I ask is that only the first ADF in the search results (i.e. TOSEC version without error) doesn't seem to have corrupted graphics on level 12.
I think only the disk with checksum error (corrupted level 12) was available when andreas tried the game. However, I have tried all versions on the server and all have the same problem (level 19 can not be completed and back to highscore/title screen after level completion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
I gather you cheated and copied the level 20 files over the level 19 ones (or something like that!)?
Yup

Normally, I never cheat in my longplays. But had no choice here, since the game is broken and I have not the patience to wait for someone to fix it

Look closely at 26:25. No door, so I touch the parasol and the level ends

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by hipoonios; 12 April 2018 at 20:15.
Old 12 April 2018, 21:20   #10
clenched

I think some big game publisher needs to hire hipoonios to head up their quality assurance department.
Old 12 April 2018, 22:46   #11
Don_Adan

Quote:
Sorry my fix is no good. I just replaced level020.iff with level001.iff so I could record the last level for my longplay and make a screenshot for HOL.

Level 19 can still not be completed and needs to be fixed by someone with more knowledge. I noticed the levels are stored as standard .iff images in the levels drawer. You can clearly see that there is no door on level 19. So this can not be a crack issue or bad disk.
You can check C64 version, maybe has no lvl 19 bug. And it can be crack issue, if coder was smart enough. F.e. Moonwalker ECS or Turrican I has similar protection. Missing items necessary to finish level.
Old 12 April 2018, 23:29   #12
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Look closely at 26:25. No door, so I touch the parasol and the level ends
Well, can you replace the parasol with a door using the level editor then?!

@Don Adan
Doubt it's a crack issue as the files in the TOSEC version are supposed to be from the original Kingsoft release and don't seem to have been modified.

Last edited by DrBong; 12 April 2018 at 23:45.
Old 14 April 2018, 00:07   #13
butfluffy

another one which needs a fix. my OCD is going crazy lol.