English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 05 June 2021, 20:31   #1
RuySan

Using WHDload and physical mouse on Retroarch

So, i've been using WHDload files on FS-UAE for a very long time, and it just launches directly to the game after a splash screen.

On Retroarch/P-UAE, I get a window like what i posted below, and anything I select, I get a readme of all the updates the WHDload of that particular game had since 1.0.

I just have no idea how to launch the game.

Besides, I just can't get the physical mouse to work. It's activated on the core options, but it just doesn't work. I also activated game focus mode, and still the same issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Agony-210605-192940.png
Views:	334
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	72212  
Old 08 June 2021, 23:59   #2
sonninnos
Commodork

Since there exists "install.info", that is not a proper pre-installed WHDLoad archive, which means there is no game data, which means there is no way it could work as-is. Retroplay LHAs will launch directly.

Game focus has nothing to do with mice, only keyboards. I haven't found a single platform yet where mouse does not work out-of-the-box, so no idea about that.
Old 22 June 2021, 15:16   #3
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I am not sure what are you trying to accomplish. I use LaunchBox with RetroArch, but for easy setup for Amiga games I use FS-UAE setup described in this video. The way I did it, I setup all of my WHDLoad games to create folders where process created folder per game with single file in it. LaunchBox installer recognizes those as Amiga games and adds them.

After creating folder, I first used Total Commander to separate OSC/ESC games from CD32 and AGA games. Then from each group I selected to install only one I plan to play. This way I did not end up with 3k games in LaunchBox and I was able to separate games into those 3 categories Amiga 500, Amiga 1200 and Amiga CD32.

[ Show youtube player ]

It takes some work, but well worth it if you like to run games by single mouse click from Windows.
Old 24 June 2021, 07:20   #4
Storm
SYS64738

Good video. I have been doing this for a while and it works well.
Old 08 July 2021, 11:28   #5
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

To solve the retroarch issue, have you checked that you have put the kickstart roms in the retroarch/system folder and that you are not using the Aros bios?
Old 08 July 2021, 12:34   #6
sonninnos
Commodork

No, that is not it. AROS does work fine in many cases, even though there will be warnings about "lowlevel.library".

The original problem is simply because the LHA is downloaded from whdload.de, and those do not have game data in them, so they can't work directly.

The screenshot clearly shows that there is no "Agony.info", but "Install.info".