English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 01 April 2014, 17:44   #1
andyhants

Playing IT format modules on Amiga

Hi

I want to use my WinUAE environment - specifically Eagleplayer running under AmiKit 1.6.7 to listen to current (2014) Featured Mods from the Mod Archive website but many of the modules are in the IT (Impulse Tracker I think) format. Whilst these are easy to play from WinAMP I can't see how I can play them in my Amiga environment. So can anyone please advise is there a native Aniga player for these or alternatively is there an Amiga util that will convert IT format Mods to an Amiga playable format?

Or I suppose thirdly is there another amiga-friendly website that publishes current (not hisorical) Mods that I can play?

Thanks
Old 01 April 2014, 19:40   #2
daxb

Deliplayer (Delitracker?) can play IT mods. As far as I know a Amiga converter doesn`t exists.
Old 01 April 2014, 21:04   #3
ptyerman

Yes, Delitracker and Eagleplayer (with the Deliplayer/Delitracker file) can play Impulse Tracker mods. Not all though, I play IT mods myself on my A1200 and some skip and others won't play at all, most do though.
Old 01 April 2014, 22:23   #4
andyhants

Thanks can you please help clarify. When you say the 'Eagleplayer with the Deliplayer/Delitracker file' can play IT mods can you please explain how I setup Eagleplayer to do that. I can see there is a Load Player option in the Eagleplayer menus under Project but it doesn't have an Deliplayer/Delitrcker option to select. Do I need to download this separately or something?
Old 01 April 2014, 23:36   #5
Frog

You can find some useful information on this page : http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/DeliT...Not_Bundled.29
As you can see, you must add the "Impulse" players to the players directory.
For better sound quality, you should try Deli14bitGenie : http://dump.platon42.de/files/
Old 02 April 2014, 07:10   #6
ptyerman

As Frog says, you have to make sure that the Impulse Tracker Player is in the Players directory. With Delitracker the players are in the (wherever you have Deli installed)/Deliplayers directory, Eagleplayer is the same except the players are in the Eagleplayers directory. Both programs use the same player format and are interchangeable.
There should be a deliplayers.zip file on the EAB file server somewhere that contains most players, if not I can put it in the zone for you or upload it to the server.