English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 18 November 2006, 03:56   #1
J.Junior

Wanted: Registered Poseidon for Spider II

Hi,

Last week I get Spider II card. Poseidon V4.2 shareware is not working with it. I try to contact the autor but he don't aswer my e-mail. His site say that he will not send more keyfile for users of Spider II. As I want my card working I will like to buy registered version of Poseidon that works with Spider II. I live in Brazil so I can pay using Paypal.

Best regards.

my e-mail: madrobotron@hotmail.com

Old 18 November 2006, 04:51   #2
keropi

good luck finding one, as you know those registrations are personalised...
Old 18 November 2006, 07:17   #3
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Junior
Hi,

Last week I get Spider II card. Poseidon V4.2 shareware is not working with it. I try to contact the autor but he don't aswer my e-mail. His site say that he will not send more keyfile for users of Spider II. As I want my card working I will like to buy registered version of Poseidon that works with Spider II. I live in Brazil so I can pay using Paypal.
hello,

poseidon is 3.4 and work well with spider2 (as 3.3 also). I use a spider2 with mediator and register to chris without problems and talk to him some days ago on ML (or your information was verry verry new).

If you want a key for poseidon, just register to him and you will receive a key later. don't remember that chris isn't allways at home and had a job also.

edit: hum, apparently, you are right (found on poseidon site):

Nope. Not possible anymore for classic Amiga Users. Time to move on. MorphOS users please use Trident/System prefs to register.

Note for users who are planning to buy a Elbox Spider or already have done so but not yet registered Poseidon: Refrain from buying it, or you can safely send it back, as it is worth ZERO* without a software stack. (* ZERO here means, you can still use it as a door bumper if you wish.)

If you are not happy, you must scream against elbox to send you back your money and also on the mediator ML the fact you are not happy.

Best regards.

Last edited by mrodfr; 18 November 2006 at 07:27.
Old 18 November 2006, 11:01   #4
J.Junior

Hi, I don't know this. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi
good luck finding one, as you know those registrations are personalised...

Old 18 November 2006, 17:36   #5
mrodfr

hello,

poseidon stop the support for 68x (new and old I don't know) because I think recent event during the dragon presentation the 11/11/2006 (again It's my POV).
Old 18 November 2006, 19:31   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Wonderful.......yet another Amiga coder you can't give your money to! Not even a news announcement on his website. At least the last time Chris Hodges stopped selling keyfiles he had the decency to warn people and told them to buy them while they still could (admirably, he reversed the decision later). It's extremely disappointing that he didn't show people the same courtesy this time
Old 19 November 2006, 07:09   #7
mrodfr

hello,

see:

http://www.platon42.de/poseidonreg.html

and also answers on last elbox promotion days on english news site.

apparently, elbox not use registered keyfile for poseidon during dragon presentation and as the presentation as been filmed and video about the dragon presentation are available for all on internet .....

elbox apparently made a terrible mistake to not use official registered version of poseidon.

I haven't seen the video and just try to explain facts I have understand on english forum aorg and aworld and on the answer about the elbox actual promotion. hope not said mistake. I have sending a ML about that on the mediator ML to know the elbox statement-maybe answer next monday- maybe elbox have a usb replacement stack.

j.junior is the first victim and must send mail to elbox for refunding his money because there is no usb stack available for spider2 actually unfortunately.
Old 19 November 2006, 14:42   #8
kriz

so lame of Elbox, they think they can get drivers and software for free!! It was the same mess with the Picasso96 drivers...

They should have made a deal good with Hodges, but no.. sad stuff
Old 13 January 2007, 14:31   #9
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Just in case people don't know, you can register Poseidon again for classic 68k Amigas. From V3.5 (soon to be released), Chris Hodges has decided to offer 68k support for all USB solutions except for the Spider cards from Elbox:

http://platon42.de/poseidonreg.html

Kudos to Chris for doing the right thing (IMHO) by classic Amiga users. I've just registered Poseidon for the Thylacine card
Old 13 January 2007, 16:35   #10
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodfr
If you want a key for poseidon, just register to him and you will receive a key later. don't remember that chris isn't allways at home and had a job also.
don't?
Old 14 January 2007, 19:31   #11
ppill
CON: artist

Elbox used a registered copy of Posiedon during the presentation of Dragon. It was registered to one of their employees.
Old 14 January 2007, 20:15   #12
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Legally they cannot do that. They dont have a developers license for 3.x and the individual license is only valid for computers the individual owns. With the dragon not being a commercial product the employee cannot own one.

They broke the law, and pissed off the developer, all for the sake of a few euro's. It is disgusting practice by Elbox.

I dont honestly know why they would do it? It just gets their company a worse reputation than the one they already have.

A shame considering they are one of the last classic Amiga hardware developers.

Last edited by alexh; 14 January 2007 at 20:20.