Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 06 December 2003, 17:03   #21
derSammler

Okay, no offense... this time...
Old 06 December 2003, 17:12   #22
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Evil grin The Devil inside...every single one of us the devil inside...

(INXS)
Old 01 October 2004, 05:12   #23
andreas
Zone Friend

(01/01/04) [11] - [15] upped => see above (first post)

(11/01/04)#14 reuploaded due to completely wrong renaming.

(21/01/04) [17] upped => rare educational title found

(15/08/04) [29] upped. (KQ II, cr. FLT, 1987 - see first post for details)
(01/10/04) [30] upped. Pretty rare French PD title, rediscovered recently from my HD depths ...

(posts merged)

Last edited by andreas; 31 December 2004 at 14:45.
Old 10 February 2005, 19:56   #24
Tom

yeah translated versions are bad

Old 13 February 2005, 23:01   #25
andreas
Zone Friend

[31] upped.
Old 03 May 2005, 19:48   #26
Doranwen
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to Doranwen Send a message via MSN to Doranwen Send a message via Yahoo to Doranwen
Hole-In-One disk 3? I remember the Out of this World, but don't remember Alphabet or Holidays--the version I had had the main one, and the 2nd disk which was Intermediate and menagerie, yes, but we also had Out of this World on one of the two disks . . . I'm pretty sure. Oh well, don't have it in front of me to check. I'd LOVE to have that one. Tried to play the first two disks which I found online, but got errors, documented here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=18489

I would also love the rare educational games you found (I'm going into teaching--educational games are fascinating to me). I just joined in the last few days, so I missed all the uploads before. Is it OK to ask for them to be uploaded again?

(Is Block It! the game where you and an opponent, either human or computer, have to take blocks of different colors, with different pictures on them, each with different colors on them, and drop them into different columns? In the game I'm thinking of, you got more points to your score the more your block matched the blocks around it--if you were surrounded by ones who had the same pictures on them which were in the same color which had the same background color, you got more points than if only one or two things matched--and you basically didn't get hardly any points at all for nothing matching around it. I cannot truly remember the name of this game, but it had something to do with blocks.)
Old 04 May 2005, 23:00   #27
andreas
Zone Friend

Happy

Hey Doranwen, welcome to the Treasure Room
This reminds me a lot of this being overdue to get a rework!!
Will do this RIGHT NOW.

Many of those disks are now in TOSEC meanwhile, so you can get most of them elsewhere. If not -- just ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranwen
Hole-In-One disk 3? I remember the Out of this World, but don't remember Alphabet or Holidays--the version I had had the main one, and the 2nd disk which was Intermediate and menagerie, yes, but we also had Out of this World on one of the two disks . . . I'm pretty sure. Oh well, don't have it in front of me to check. I'd LOVE to have that one.
No prob, it's in the zone again for you.

Quote:
I would also love the rare educational games you found (I'm going into teaching--educational games are fascinating to me). I just joined in the last few days, so I missed all the uploads before. Is it OK to ask for them to be uploaded again?
The educational titles OK, but please do not ask for all of the over 30 releases at once, thanks

Quote:
(Is Block It! the game where you and an opponent, either human or computer, have to take blocks of different colors, with different pictures on them, each with different colors on them, and drop them into different columns?)
Thanks to HOL, you will never be supposed to play guessing games, but just look up the stuff instead!
Old 05 May 2005, 06:23   #28
Doranwen
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to Doranwen Send a message via MSN to Doranwen Send a message via Yahoo to Doranwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Hey Doranwen, welcome to the Treasure Room
This reminds me a lot of this being overdue to get a rework!!
Will do this RIGHT NOW.

Many of those disks are now in TOSEC meanwhile, so you can get most of them elsewhere. If not -- just ask!
Thanks! And thanks for the upload--I'll try it once I can get the game to WORK. This link is to my documented record of what I got when I tried the main disk and the Intermediate/Menagerie one together.

Quote:
The educational titles OK, but please do not ask for all of the over 30 releases at once, thanks
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean that, lol! (Yikes! That would definitely be too much for everyone, lol.) But bit by bit. For instance, the 4-In-One, Easy But Fun title sounds interesting. I didn't find it on HOL, but maybe I looked it up the wrong way? Other than that, I'll have to just browse around and look. The one downside to HOL is its lack of reviews and descriptions--just screenshots, which wouldn't show in Firefox (which, imho, is a far better browser than IE). I have to open the pages in IE to get them to show.

Quote:
Thanks to HOL, you will never be supposed to play guessing games, but just look up the stuff instead!
Lol, I forgot about that one. Unfortunately, that was not the game. I still haven't seen anything like it anywhere. I think I'll have to BEG my parents to dig out the Amiga from it's temporary tomb in the messy garage and see if I can get it to load and get a name for it. Because I can't remember, and nothing seems to bring it back.

HOL is also missing some. What about the board game Sorry? That was in the compilation of games I had on that one disk, yet it is unlisted. But I digress from the purpose of this thread.

Thank you again for the upload!
Old 05 May 2005, 11:55   #29
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
Quote:
just screenshots, which wouldn't show in Firefox (which, imho, is a far better browser than IE). I have to open the pages in IE to get them to show.
The HOL works fine in Firefox (and most other browsers, even Amiga ones). Which Extensions do you installed?
Old 05 May 2005, 22:57   #30
Doranwen
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
The HOL works fine in Firefox (and most other browsers, even Amiga ones). Which Extensions do you installed?
A lot--I love having better functionality. The only ones relating to images, however, are the Image Zoom and Image Toolbar ones. HOL is the only site that has given me problems like that with pics. Anyhew, it's just an annoyance, that's all. I'd better stop discussing it though, or I fear being accused of hijacking the thread, lol.
Old 05 May 2005, 23:11   #31
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
The HOL uses DHTML image popups as default, you can change to standard popups in the options, maybe those work better for you.
Old 06 May 2005, 07:31   #32
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
I'd better stop discussing it though, or I fear being
accused of hijacking the thread, lol.
This can happen.
Old 06 May 2005, 08:23   #33
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
For instance, the 4-In-One, Easy But Fun title sounds interesting. I didn't find it on HOL, but maybe I looked it up the wrong way?
You did, and I must admit this is MY fault.
It's "Easy and Fun". Typo corrected - thank you!

Here ya go again: http://hol.abime.net/3438

For TOSEC sites like PlanetEmu, consider this: educational games have their own data file, you are probably not supposed to find them in "adf games"!
Old 06 May 2005, 08:54   #34
Doranwen
Zone Friend

Cool, thanks! You never know when edutainment will be useful . . . As a prospective teacher, I'm collecting anything and everything that could be remotely useful in the future. Who knows? I might just get an Amiga for the classroom, lol.
And if anyone's played Hole-In-One successfully, please visit http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=18489 and see if you can help. I really want to play it again--it's been a couple years since the Amiga was out, and I miss those games.

Thanks again for the uploads! The only rare game I have right now is Discovery Spell . . . but if that's useful, let me know.
Old 20 October 2005, 00:44   #35
andreas
Zone Friend

Smile

[32] Program type: APP
FUL: 02/06/05
Title: Forms-In-Flight (FIF)
Copyright: (c) 1987 MicroMagic
TOSEC: NO
Comment: Early designing app to build e. g. aircrafts :-)

[33] Program type: GAME
FUL: 27/06/05
Title: KNAX - The Computer Game
[orig. title: KNAX - Das Computerspiel]
Copyright: (c) 1992 <unknown>
Language: German
Translated by: CABBIE
Comment: Unofficial translation. (scene release, released in 1993)

[34] Program type: GAME
FUL: 20/10/05
Title: Barney Mouse
Copyright: (c) 1988 Kingsoft
Cracked by: Alpha Flight (AFL)/The Magic Arts (TMA)
Trained by: AFL/TMA (+5)
Comment: VERY RARE and very good scene release!
This is a very uncommon TRAINED version!
Also very good is the AFL/TMA Mech intro!

[35] Program type: GAME
FUL: 21/10/05
Title: BattleForce + ForceFactory **FULL 2-DISK RELEASE**
Copyright: (c) 1989 Ralph R. Reed
Comment: I'd claim this one to be EXTREMELY RARE, as it is the registered owners' COMMERCIAL version which was strictly forbidden to distribute unlike the shareware version. I'm not into Mech stuff at all, but this might attract the attention of some of you guys...

[36] Program type: GAME
FUL: 21/10/05
Title: Xenophobe
Copyright: (c) 1989 MicroStyle
Cracked by: Antiaction/DEFJAM-CCS
Comment: RARE classic scene crack by Antiaction of DEFJAM/CCS - very hard to obtain! The intro music KICKS ASS!

[37] Program type: GAME
FUL: 22/10/05
Title: Monopoly
Copyright: (c) 1989 Ed Musgrove, Olalla, WA, U.S.A.
Imported by: Amiga Hackers United (AHU)
Comment: Very RARE freeware monopoly game from 1989, fairly well done, but has some bugs (admitted by the author)

[38] Program type: GAME
FUL: 04/12/05
Title: Rick Dangerous
Cracked by: The Band
Trained by: The Band (+3)
Copyright: (c) 1989 Firebird
Comment: RARE classic widespread crack from the old days, which I've never seen as adf - yet.

[39] Program type: GAME
Title: Rick Dangerous II
Cracked by: ANGELS
Trained by: Legend (+3)
Copyright: (c) 1989 Firebird
Comment: The rare bit in this version is the scarce Legend +3 trainer.

[40] Program type: GAME
Title: Silkworm
Cracked by: BLACK MONKS
Trained by: Ivanhoe of BLACK MONKS (+3)
Copyright: (c) 1989 Virgin
Comment: Very rare version of this all-time classic; I wager a lot have this one on disk, but nobody ever bothered to image it.

[41] Program type: GAME
FUL: 01/06/06
Title: Dames Simulator
Copyright: (c) 1990 Infogrames
Comment: Extremely rare standalone version of this board game!

[42] Program type: GAME
FUL: 26/06/06
Title: Falcon F16 Mission Disk 1 [EU]
Copyright: (c) 1989 Mirrorsoft UK
Cracked by: QUARTEX (QTX)
Comment: EUROPEAN version (Mirrorsoft) of this mission disk, which unfortunately does not show the beautiful logo as the US version by Spectrum HoloByte. Widely identical to SPS #268.

[43] Program type: GAME
FUL: 06/08/06
Title: Trolls
Copyright: (c) 1992 Flair
Cracked by: FAIRLIGHT (FLT)
Trained by: ZENITH (ZTH) (+3)(+fix)
Comment: Rare stuff. This trained and properly fixed version is not that common.

[44] Program type: GAME
FUL: 06/11/06
Title: Wieszak
Copyright: (c) 1996 Dark Team, Poland
Comment: Rare Public Domain game, possibly a scene game. This is HANGMAN in Polish, hence Polish knowledge is absolutely mandatory. Polish Hangman is NOT like English Hangman, since you have 32 letters to guess!

Last edited by andreas; 08 November 2006 at 00:55.
Old 31 October 2005, 19:18   #36
NOB
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Great stuff.I like this oldskool intros, especially if they are rare
and i have never seen them.
The Fairlight intro of Purple Saturnday is awesome!
Old 03 April 2006, 12:27   #37
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
[14]
Program type: GAME
FUL: 02/01/04
Title: Super Cars II
Copyright: (c) 1991 Gremlin
Cracked by: SKID ROW (Disk 2 of 3 only)
Hacked by: Punishers [PNS]
Trained by: Punishers [PNS] (+40)
Comment / Instructions:
Preload with Punishers disk 1 (of 3) and select your trainer options. Quit menu as described, then wait for the menu to reappear. You will now be prompted to insert SKID ROW cracked DISK 1 (of 2), prepared for the megatrainer by Punishers (disk can't work standalone unlike the "normal" SKR version nor can you use "normal" Disk 1 from SKID ROW).
Use TOSEC SKID ROW cracked disk 2 (of 2) as Disk 2 later in the game.
As you know I've also now found this on a cd and you'll find there is a lot less messing around if you use the original disk/ipf

Simply load the trainer, put IPF disk 1 in df0: and let it be
Old 03 April 2006, 13:05   #38
andreas
Zone Friend

Point taken. However, my solution does not require proprietary software to run.
If the user lacks a physical original disk of the game, my solution will (currently) be the only possible way out to use the trainer disk on a REAL Amiga.
Old 03 April 2006, 13:59   #39
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Just checked randomly, but it seems, even if you uploaded these disks from your thread to the zone years ago, they never made it into Tosec. How come? Isn't [idoru] leeching from the zone? hehehe
Old 03 April 2006, 21:40   #40
BippyM
Global Moderator

[idoru] used to get my renamed stuff from my ftp.. I'm sure that will continue when he actually surfaces!