English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 December 2020, 21:05   #1
XTD

Long time after previous post from me

Hello everyone!

I had to register again, because my old account disappear. I suspect that I must be more active, which was difficult in past years.

XTD here, old Amiga musician (if someone remember and/or recognize).

I want to invite you on my updated website https://www.xtdmusic.eu/?language=en (link to english version).

I know it may be treat as advertisement, but as long time demoscene member who still made music for fun (not commercial) for free (or for rarely donations), I think it may be worth to share my work with anyone who is interested.

Now I'm finishing my "Escape" album that will be available soon for everyone, for free of course. My previous album "Closer" is still available both - for listen and download. I hope someone enjoy it.

It's hard to have time for composing music if you're not young and have regular job, but I hope someone will enjoy it.

And for those who like to see a little more - I have also new profile in FB (link is on my website).

I'll try to visit this forum more often now, so if you have any questions - ask me (private or public).

Greetings for all demoscene maniacs!

PS. Password for Amiga modules and Atari chiptunes is "Amy". It's not some secret password, I just want to share them (old modules) only with demoscene freaks.
Old 13 December 2020, 22:58   #2
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

As fellow musician i understand you, little time OR too much time (yup, sometimes can be a problem too due to procrastination) and do not forget burnout...

Welcome aboard, though!
Old 14 December 2020, 00:21   #3
XTD

I was a little "burnout" some years ago. And disappointed a little (by the demoscene).
But for some time I want to create more and more. I hope people also like my new work, not only old modules.
Old 14 December 2020, 00:51   #4
Foebane
Banned

How was it difficult to be active on EAB? All you have to do is post once per month, that would be more than enough!
Old 14 December 2020, 07:56   #5
XTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
How was it difficult to be active on EAB? All you have to do is post once per month, that would be more than enough!
Well, you're right. I'm just not a person who apparently write that much and for read login is not required.
Old 14 December 2020, 10:21   #6
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTD View Post
Well, you're right. I'm just not a person who apparently write that much and for read login is not required.
Old 14 December 2020, 12:49   #7
-Acid-

I think anyone with a passing interest in demos remembers Technological Death
Old 14 December 2020, 13:01   #8
XTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
I think anyone with a passing interest in demos remembers Technological Death
I just published renew version on my FB (https://www.facebook.com/XTDMUSIC). Unfortunatelly, my fanpage is in polish language, but demo with refreshed music is for everyone.

I was so proud when that demo was relesed. I saw it on the party for the first time, like everyone else (I was not a member of Mad Elks group who created it). And I was surprised when I saw demo title - it was taken from module (yes, Technolgoical Death was module name, then demo was made)! Unfortunatelly this demo started the techno demo era with aggressive music, not always fitting (at least on polish demoscene).

Another funny story is that I made two songs and I asked my friend from FCI group to choose one which he likes better. He choosed "Piece of Individuality" and created "P.R.O.siak" demo (by FCI). So Mad Elks gets music that left.
Old 14 December 2020, 18:52   #9
Crown
Demoscener

I love these behind the (demo)scene stories.

You rule XTD!

Please compose more Amiga music to please and feed our hungry ears.

Cheers mate
Old 14 December 2020, 19:24   #10
XTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post

You rule XTD!

Cheers mate
That may be a little difficult. I made music, but not for Amiga anymore. Still for fun, not commercial, but 4ch 8bit and low PT frequency plus 64kb sample limit is killing me. Different times.

But from time to time I made something (with sequences) - you can listen my 2 (only two) modules I made in 2017 (and third I refresh from old, never published one) at the top of "music / modules" section (password: Amy).
Old 14 December 2020, 20:38   #11
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
I had to register again, because my old account disappear. I suspect that I must be more active, which was difficult in past years.
http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab...aq_eab_account

Quote:
Inactive in the forum:

Members that have not posted more than 10 posts after 6 months of being registered will automatically be deleted. This is fair warning and a reasonable amount of time to contribute 10 posts. In many other forums you have to post several times this amount to be even considered a member.
Old 14 December 2020, 22:08   #12
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post

You rule XTD!

Cheers mate
There are some funny stories about XTD (and party and vodka and beer) under Technological Death video on youtube
Old 14 December 2020, 23:08   #13
XTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
There are some funny stories about XTD (and party and vodka and beer) under Technological Death video on youtube
Sure, I heard them too. Many of them in fact - that's why I was so disappointed about polish demoscene and how stupid people can be to have fun with making up stories that didn't happen.

If your post is written for duplicating false negative stories, then I have nothing to add. If not - I suggest to choose more reliable source of informations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
I would be happy if many well known demoscene members wrote on my forum - even if one, single post. It's Amiga scene forum after all and news about people should be appreciated. I understand that rule about inactivity, really.

This is why demoscene, even if was huge part of my life, always was strange to understand for me. All other groups of poeple respect their history and somehow I can't imagine that any musician on other (not realted to demoscene) forum will be instructed about rules if he want to say "hello" to people who may known him.

I'm really not here for arguing with people, but for polite conversation and for sharing some informations.

Last edited by XTD; 14 December 2020 at 23:27.
Old 14 December 2020, 23:28   #14
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
If your post is written for duplicating false negative stories, then I have nothing to add. If not - I suggest to choose more reliable source of informations.
Nope, I just though it was funny, nothing to offend. Sorry.
Old 14 December 2020, 23:57   #15
XTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Nope, I just though it was funny, nothing to offend. Sorry.
No, sorry, I am probably too sensitive. I still remember situation on some party when two guys I didn't even know, talk about me. And one say to another that he saw me lying drunk somewhere few minutes ago. He didn't know that I was standing behind him and he was so confused when he realized that I listening. The fairy tales told at the party are not always true. I even found my text (apparently) on the web written at some party where I wasn't attending at all.
Old 29 March 2021, 23:48   #16
XTD

Few new songs.

"Rest in Rust" - [ Show youtube player ]

And more here - https://www.xtdmusic.eu/?sel=next&language=en
Old 30 March 2021, 07:10   #17
Wavemaker

I saw you writing us a private message on the K&A Plus page (I work in the magazine) and when I went to ask my team mates about it someone told me "oh yeah this is XTD" and I couldn't believe

Great to see you around here.
Old 31 March 2021, 19:07   #18
XTD

And I decided to made my facebook fanpage dual-language from now.
https://www.facebook.com/XTDMUSIC
Old 09 April 2021, 03:26   #19
XPD
Geek Kiwi

I remember some of your stuff

OK if I add the MP3 versions of your mods to my audio stream ?

https://www.xpd.co.nz/radio/
Old 12 April 2021, 15:29   #20
XTD

Sure. No problem.