English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 27 March 2002, 16:28   #21
RetroMan

You may also try this here, if you got the WB 1.3 Extras disc with Amiga Basic on it : http://amiga.nvg.org/warlock/wartrans/

//update : Dunno really, but I think Dos2Dos is freeware and here´s a download, only problem for you is getting this thing on your Amiga : http://titan.42.free.fr/Fichiers/Downloads/Dos2Dos.zip

If you really won´t get it transfered, I will make an Amiga disc out of it and send it to you (if you take the postal costs of course )

Last edited by RetroMan; 27 March 2002 at 16:33.
Old 27 March 2002, 16:52   #22
Arnoud

I will look if I can somehow find this dos2dos on an amiga disk...otherwise I'll mail you about sending it by mail, of course I'll pay the postals..

thankz!

Old 15 October 2004, 03:01   #23
SpudBoy

hey all.. i am a new member to the forums and i must thank you all for the great information i have received off this site.

a few questions which are relevent to this thread.

the link in the second post is down, do you have another link i could use for a similar thing?

Is it possible to directly transfer data from the amiga to a pc (and vica verca) via its parallel port.
i know it uses a different pin out, but i can find information regarding this.
just wondering as i have HEAPS of amiga software that i would like to back up onto cd so i wont get into trouble with dead floppy disks.

Old 15 October 2004, 05:16   #24
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

You could also buy a null-modem cable and the Amiga Explorer from www.cloanto.com and be done with it. That's what I did.
Old 15 October 2004, 09:17   #25
SpudBoy

yer i thought of that, but i read somewhere that the pinouts are VERY different and by doing this could damage your hardware.

i had another thought though, i have a spare external floppy for this amiga 500.
is there a way i could plug this into my pc and run emulation software to copy the data off this (and save it as ADF file) and then store this on my pc's hdd?

Old 15 October 2004, 10:19   #26
scaf

Send a message via MSN to scaf
There is a thread discussing about all this : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=14730

For info, i use fat95 to read MS-DOS disks (LongFileName compatible) and transwarp to create ADFs through a serial network (null-modem cable), with a A500 - 1Mb RAM.