English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 10 March 2021, 05:11   #21
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic_Ray View Post
It was enough to copy the AmigaSYS.rp9 file from Amiga Forever 8 and it was available again.
how do i extract .rp9 files from amiga forever 8 install package without having to install the old version?
Old 10 March 2021, 23:50   #22
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

I might be mistaken, but seem to remember that it is just a zip file. Rename the extension to zip and grab what you out of it.

Apologies, just reread your post and see that I got it totally wrong. Let me try again.

If you have access to the ISO, you can just mount it and the folders with the .rp9’s are in there.

If you only have the installer, you might have to look for a utility to unpack it for you. Was it a .msi package?

Last edited by fxgogo; 10 March 2021 at 23:53. Reason: Correct8 g myself
Old 11 March 2021, 00:08   #23
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
how do i extract .rp9 files from amiga forever 8 install package without having to install the old version?
Not sure about extracting, but you can simply copy them over if they haven't transferred by themselves. They appear to be like WinUAE configuration files - allowing you to specify what sort of setup to run - since there is one for each of the Amiga builds and games they bundle with the Amiga Forever collection.

Simply right click on the config you like on Amiga Forever homescreen and select "Open Folder" followed by "RP9 File Location". For me, it is in the C: drive as follows:
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files" which contains several folders of all RP9 files.
Old 11 March 2021, 08:07   #24
honx

i know where these files should be. but some .rp9 are missing since i downgraded to latest amiga forever 9. so from where do i copy since i have version 9 installed which is missing these files? thus i need to install an older version somewhere in order to be able to copy these files. but i don't want to install old amiga forever over amiga forever 9, that's nonsense. so i have to extract these .rp9 files somehow from the damn install package of amiga forever 8 or 7...

and i have install package of older versions of amiga forever, no .iso which i could mount. so i only could install...
Old 11 March 2021, 15:00   #25
LadyJane85

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
from earlier versions there was an AmigaSYS 4 configuration from 2009 located in amiga files/systems tab.
it was there in amiga forever 2013, 2014, 2016, amiga forever 7 and 8. now it is gone.
It is AmigaSYS that changed hands. Cloanto had an agreement with Dary/AmigaSYS, who disappeared after selling AmigaSYS rights to AeonKit. AeonKit then promptly used AmigaSYS in a legal action, so Cloanto stopped using it. Such is the Amiga world funded by petrodollars, all grabs and lawsuits?
Old 11 March 2021, 22:04   #26
Gryfon

Software Director shows an update available. It also confirms my status as lifetime member. But there’s no download option. I haven’t had an email yet - can anyone tell me what the update process is?

Thought I might go to the download link in my old email but I can’t . I changed my broadband connection a few months back losing access to my old email address, however before I did I emailed Cloanto to let them know my new email and got confirmation from them of the change. However the download service AmigaForever goes through will only recover download links for the original (old) email address. Have others had their email from Cloanto yet?
Old 11 March 2021, 22:42   #27
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryfon View Post
Software Director shows an update available. It also confirms my status as lifetime member. But there’s no download option. I haven’t had an email yet - can anyone tell me what the update process is?

Thought I might go to the download link in my old email but I can’t . I changed my broadband connection a few months back losing access to my old email address, however before I did I emailed Cloanto to let them know my new email and got confirmation from them of the change. However the download service AmigaForever goes through will only recover download links for the original (old) email address. Have others had their email from Cloanto yet?
Don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but using ISP provided email addresses is a bad idea. There are plenty of free good options, like google, but if you don't want to use people like that, there are companies that provide both paid and free email services.

My email was in my junk folder.

Last edited by S0ulA55a551n; 11 March 2021 at 23:01.
Old 12 March 2021, 02:36   #28
hiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post

GMail sent mine to the spam folder as well.
Old 12 March 2021, 04:47   #29
Gryfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
Don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but using ISP provided email addresses is a bad idea. There are plenty of free good options, like google, but if you don't want to use people like that, there are companies that provide both paid and free email services.

Good advice and one I often give myself. Good to know emails are arriving. Still - no email yet for me (even in the junk folder) so if there’s some magic / voodoo / ninja step-by-step instruction / other wisdom everyone is being given to get AF9 installed it would be appreciated if you could share with the group! Even if it’s just to say “we got sent a new download link” so I can chase Michael for mine....
Old 12 March 2021, 12:51   #30
honx

michael from cloanto sent me both .rp9 configurations for amigasys and amikit systems.
everything else (hardfiles and directories) was still present, so both configs are restored.
Old 12 March 2021, 19:22   #31
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
Good advice and one I often give myself. Good to know emails are arriving. Still - no email yet for me (even in the junk folder) so if there’s some magic / voodoo / ninja step-by-step instruction / other wisdom everyone is being given to get AF9 installed it would be appreciated if you could share with the group! Even if it’s just to say “we got sent a new download link” so I can chase Michael for mine....
The email contains download links
Old 13 March 2021, 01:26   #32
hiho

Quote:

And it contains your unique serial number.
Old 13 March 2021, 16:01   #33
Gryfon

An update: I have had many sent emails to my Microsoft account disappear with no error or bounce back to the sender, since I started using my Hotmail account daily.

Michael confirmed the email was sent a couple of days ago from a Cloanto.net email address. Amiga kit and the Aeon websites are others where I’ve had the same issue.

I had to white-list the domain in question and ask them to send again before it arrived. Very annoying and I hope this helps someone else, since it’s happened to me then others are likely waiting for their email too.

Last edited by Gryfon; 13 March 2021 at 16:02. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 14 March 2021, 15:39   #34
PerryRhodan

I've just bought Amiga Forever 9 & C64 Forever 9 Plus Editions for £40 and didn't get a lifetime license? I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.
Old 14 March 2021, 16:35   #35
Gryfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryRhodan View Post
I've just bought Amiga Forever 9 & C64 Forever 9 Plus Editions for £40 and didn't get a lifetime license? I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.
In my dealings with Michael at Cloanto he’s always bent over backwards to help, including just these last couple of days with manually resending my download links etc. Email Cloanto and see what he can do, I’m certain he can offer some solution.
Old 14 March 2021, 16:56   #36
outsiderz
-[User]-

Quote:
yes here the same. there is no lifetime...
Old 14 March 2021, 17:59   #37
PerryRhodan

Quote:
In my dealings with Michael at Cloanto he’s always bent over backwards to help, including just these last couple of days with manually resending my download links etc. Email Cloanto and see what he can do, I’m certain he can offer some solution.

Hello, Well I've sent Cloanto an email. I never saw any mention of what type of license I was buying when I ordered both C64 & Amiga 9 Forever Plus Editions, so maybe Cloanto need to make things more clear when you order their products. The license I got only covers free updates for version 9. I presummed I was buying the lifetime license. Anyway, I'll wait and see what they have to say. Thanks!
Old 14 March 2021, 18:45   #38
outsiderz
-[User]-

Quote:
Hello, Well I've sent Cloanto an email. I never saw any mention of what type of license I was buying when I ordered both C64 & Amiga 9 Forever Plus Editions, so maybe Cloanto need to make things more clear when you order their products. The license I got only covers free updates for version 9. I presummed I was buying the lifetime license. Anyway, I'll wait and see what they have to say. Thanks!
please share this information/answer from cloanto.
yes, i also send them an email and ask for the lifetime. now i´m waiting for the answer.
Old 15 March 2021, 10:32   #39
PerryRhodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Just had a look on the site. I would of really liked CRT emulation. That might of made me upgrade and actually use the Forever software. But as it is, I just use the ROMs.

Hello fxgogo, to use C64 .crt files you still have to use the toolbox to convert them to .rp9 files, and then they are fully working. I tried it with the Epyx games compilation from website link below and it worked fine.

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=107705

Hello, outsiderz, No problem, I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.
Old 15 March 2021, 11:59   #40
Exodous

The discounted lifetime links can be accessed via:

https://www.amigaforever.com/special/le/In-App-E

When the redirected page loads, just change your currency to match your region.