English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 June 2003, 03:46   #1
mdwh2

Launch Windows Programs from within WinUAE?

Does anyone know if it is currently possible to launch Windows programs from within WinUAE?

If not, I shall release a program I'm working on that should be able to do that job - I just want to make sure that I'm not duplicating something that's already been done;)

(For anyone thinking this is a bit pointless, I think it is a good thing to make a tighter integration between the Windows and Amiga side - for example, it means you can set up applications like YAM to launch URLs under Windows when you doubleclick on them, if you prefer Windows browsers to the Amiga ones).
Old 16 July 2003, 21:38   #2
IanS

Sounds like a good idea.

If I remember correctly, the 'Siamese System' came with a program that had this ability when using a real Amiga. The question then is, can an emulated Amiga run Siamese and connect to the host PC directly? Now that's an interesting idea... but I only have the serial version with no TCP/IP support. Damn. What a convoluted affair that would be.

Maybe something for me to try, but I never got Siamese working on my A1200 anyway.
Old 18 July 2003, 10:26   #3
Pyromania

Sounds like a good idea mdwh2, I don't think anyone else is doing something like this.
Old 18 July 2003, 15:41   #4
IanS

Launching Windows Media player to watch AVI's and MPegs etc. That's if there's any processing time left to run them.

Good luck with the project.
Old 18 July 2003, 17:02   #5
§ane

New Utility WinLaunch