English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 04 November 2021, 17:28   #41
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
Rightmouse on the PRG button, LMB = Load a Playlist, RMB = Save one, they are called "module programs", but really mean "Music Playlist".

Thanks I never noticed the right click on PRG button.

I tried to associate a def and the Playlist works perfectly, to do this just create a Def Icons and configure the extension on DefIcon prefs.

You can use any extension I made a test naming the playlist with .hippl extension and then created a def_hippl.info

I also tried to create a Datatypes Descriptor with file recognition even without extension, on AROS it worked perfectly, the Plylist is recognized with any extension and even without any extension.

Now I'm trying to associate the "playlist without" without extension also on OS3

http://eab.abime.net/zone/HIP-PlayList.avi

For MP3 the best choice is AmigaAMP and TKPlayer.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 November 2021 at 17:38.
Old 04 November 2021, 17:44   #42
AmiClassic

Quote:
Only ask, as i went into deficons, made an entry for #?.hippl (your prg/playlist file when i save one), and got it to launch HiP when i double click your program/playlists files when i double click them, currently however HiP doesnt recognise the playlist this way unless manually loaded or renamed to .prg.
It works fine in AOS 3.1 too, maybe you set something wrong in DefIconsPrefs?
Here vid: def_playlist
Old 04 November 2021, 17:48   #43
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post

Now I'm trying to associate the "playlist without" without extension also on OS3
Found the right solution, now the HippoPlayer Playlist will be recognized and associated to HippoPlayer even without extension, see attached video

http://eab.abime.net/zone/HipPlayList.avi
Old 04 November 2021, 18:04   #44
koobo

What was the conclusion, is there a DefIcons related bug in Hippo?
Has anyone tried the AOS3.2 DefIcons mechanism, does that work differently?
Old 04 November 2021, 18:09   #45
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koobo View Post
What was the conclusion, is there a DefIcons related bug in Hippo?
Has anyone tried the AOS3.2 DefIcons mechanism, does that work differently?

No Bugs, just do the right configuration !
Old 04 November 2021, 18:10   #46
koobo

Quote:
btw, back to hippoplayer, can we rename the "Load/Save Program" part to what more people today recognise that as, Load/Save Playlist?
I think it's more fun to keep it properly retro and not change the old ways too much

Quote:
also the resulting playlist/program file that is saved starts its first line as "HipPrg" probably to identify it as such?
Correct, filename is not used.
Old 04 November 2021, 18:12   #47
vulture

It's awesome hippolplayer keeps updating!
Quick question:
Does it support AY/YM chip tunes? If so, is it based on the same PlayAY routine that Eagleplayer and Delitracker use?
Old 04 November 2021, 18:16   #48
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I think it's more fun to keep it properly retro and not change the old ways too much

Correct, filename is not used.
Con "HipPrg" la Playlist verrĂ  riconosciuta anche senza estensione, se invece si desidera far riconoscere per estensione, configurare l'estensione specifica che si desidera utilizzare.

Anyway it's not about new things, I used to associate files 30 years ago !
Old 04 November 2021, 18:19   #49
koobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
It's awesome hippolplayer keeps updating!
Quick question:
Does it support AY/YM chip tunes? If so, is it based on the same PlayAY routine that Eagleplayer and Delitracker use?
These tunes are not supported at the moment.
Old 04 November 2021, 18:23   #50
vulture

Ah, alright! Regardless, if you ever find the will to add support, just so you know, PlayAY is quite inaccurate and mangles many tunes. Not that I've found a better alternative on the Amiga. Again, keep up the great work, it's almost surreal (in a very good way) that hippoplayer gets updated in 2021!
Old 04 November 2021, 18:27   #51
AmiClassic

Overall, for me, a much better solution (than associate a playlist) is built into HippoPlayer: Fuction Keys
Old 04 November 2021, 19:02   #52
AMIGASYSTEM

The association with Function Keys is also ok, unless these Function Keys are not occupied by other Applications!
Old 04 November 2021, 19:35   #53
AmiClassic

I have the same function keys set in FM and HP and there has never been a collision, because these keys only work in the active program (window).
Old 04 November 2021, 20:07   #54
koobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiClassic View Post
I have the same function keys set in FM and HP and there has never been a collision, because these keys only work in the active program (window).
Hippo also supports what is called "hotkeys". To send a key press to Hippo from anywhere, press LAMIGA+LSHIFT+CONTROL+<key>. This needs to be first enabled in Prefs, though.
Old 04 November 2021, 20:45   #55
koobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
Again, keep up the great work, it's almost surreal (in a very good way) that hippoplayer gets updated in 2021!
I just thought to have some fun coding, but was surprised how active the Amiga community is. There are paper magazines being published and new hardware available. Amiga alternative reality going strong!
Old 04 November 2021, 21:06   #56
lesta_smsc

Quote:
I just thought to have some fun coding, but was surprised how active the Amiga community is. There are paper magazines being published and new hardware available. Amiga alternative reality going strong!
Honestly, I for one am very grateful! I was using deliplayer and then Eagleplayer but they haven't been updated and my ClassicWB came with Hippoplayer!
Old 05 November 2021, 05:59   #57
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Thanks I never noticed the right click on PRG button.

I tried to associate a def and the Playlist works perfectly, to do this just create a Def Icons and configure the extension on DefIcon prefs.

You can use any extension I made a test naming the playlist with .hippl extension and then created a def_hippl.info

I also tried to create a Datatypes Descriptor with file recognition even without extension, on AROS it worked perfectly, the Plylist is recognized with any extension and even without any extension.

http://eab.abime.net/zone/HIP-PlayList.avi

For MP3 the best choice is AmigaAMP and TKPlayer.
i did this and my deficon entry is working but hip simply didnt launch this way, confirmed deficon was doing its thing by using snoopdos, which said it was "successful" in its launch with the correct parameters/paths/everything but hip didnt show up unless i did so via cli, no idea why it wont launch via workbench/deficons the normal way, might have to have a play around and see whats going wrong my end. my other deficon stuff is working so atm im stumped.

As for the deficon entry, it does work, snoopdos confirms it, i added an entry that looks for #?.hippl, or "HiPPrg" at offset 0 for ASCII files.

---

Also yeah i use amigaamp for mp3's normally, but as hip also did it, i was just hoping to use that instead as it already partially works, i mostly use amigaamp to listen to internet radio like Slay Radio. HiP only seems to crash/lock up when an mp3 is finished and is about to move to the next song or repeat the same mp3, when it does play, its perfectly fine.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 05 November 2021 at 07:27.
Old 05 November 2021, 06:39   #58
DisasterIncarna

Okay, ive learned something new again today. Found my issue, it's because i use SwazInfo (dont like the look/feel/useage of normal/alternatives), as such, there is no Start From: CLI/Shell/ARexx option, when i disable swazinfo i see the new options, can set it to use CLI/Dont prompt for input and it works.

However i was surprised that when i re-enabled Swazinfo, it appears i can keep it and dont need the alternatives/default, when i info'd the icon after they were fixed by default OS3.2, i see that when viewed with SwazInfo, the icons now have 2 new tooltypes, "CLI and DONOTPROMPT", so it seems i just need to remember these 2 new tooltypes i havent seen before and can use them for future instances like this while retaining SwazInfo.

Got there in the end, thanks again for others letting me know stuff just worked for them and i by default had an issue, and had to go find the issue
Old 05 November 2021, 06:46   #59
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
probably due to the rise of cheaper fpga's and emulation in general on stuff like ripi's, also helps we got os3.2 recently to actually support hyperion rather than support cloanto who seem to keep taking everyone illegitimately to court when amiga os tries to resurrect itsself on classic systems.

Also amazed to find sites like https://itch.io/games-like/382764/doc-cosmos, found this site not long ago and was amazed to see brand new games for the C64/etc, bought a load already, good stuff seeing new code/games/programs for old systems, about to look for anything amiga as well now.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 05 November 2021 at 06:52.
Old 05 November 2021, 07:38   #60
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Found the following bug for the .ml files:

Couldn't open mled.library!

Here is the file:

http://pc.sux.org/tomcat/Spellbound.ml