English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 March 2016, 19:49   #61
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Indeed it's impressive for only 16 colours.
Old 05 March 2016, 14:01   #62
appnjoy
Amiga lover

Woow, really impressed!!!
With all the respect for coders and their hard work, i must admit that when a good graphician get involved, the project assumes a commercial professional look.

Keep on going on, well done!!!
Old 06 March 2016, 20:40   #63
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
You do know Wayne, Magnus and you have now just raised the bar with this game, looks absolutely amazing and massive kudos to you both giving your time to create wonderful new Amiga games.

Will you be releasing a play testing beta soon? The videos are just pointing at me laughing, I really want to give this a go.

Keep up the awesome work to you both.
Old 06 March 2016, 21:46   #64
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Massive thankyou to the positive feedback, I am quite overwhelmed actually. Feedback has been almost universally positive! As the graphician on this (a term I adore and hope to bring back) I can assure you I am producing my best work I possibly can on not only this game but a couple of others I am contributing to also.
Graphically I am extremely pleased with how it is looking, but that pales in comparison to watching it play. The speed of things is incredible. The scrolling is amazing and Magnus keeps producing these incredible little touches or effects that blow me away.
It's going to be a really great action game.

We are still a very long way away from a demo, months at least. When we're getting close to the physical release we'll release the teaser demo ready for orders to be taken for the CD version and Limited Edition Big Boxed floppy disk/CD version (this is the plan).
I don't think we will need any more playtesters as we already have a very small team of those ready to do that side of things.

Considering we have only been working on this since December of last year things have progressed incredibly quickly. The game has evolved to be much larger than we originally planned too but those aspects are coming together really nicely now.

I suspect we'll be putting together a nice new video in the coming weeks showing you all how things are progressing. Magnus sent over some test footage today and I can't stop watching it. The basics are very nearly done. After that comes the task of creating new background tiles and then the levels etc. It's all coming together very nicely and it's something I have wanted to do for 20 years: to help create a game for Amiga that will be remembered and I believe we're doing that right now.

And yes, there has been talk of another game after we complete this one.

Last edited by CaptainNow; 06 March 2016 at 22:00.
Old 07 March 2016, 00:12   #65
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
Massive thankyou to the positive feedback, I am quite overwhelmed actually. Feedback has been almost universally positive! As the graphician on this (a term I adore and hope to bring back) I can assure you I am producing my best work I possibly can on not only this game but a couple of others I am contributing to also.
Graphically I am extremely pleased with how it is looking, but that pales in comparison to watching it play. The speed of things is incredible. The scrolling is amazing and Magnus keeps producing these incredible little touches or effects that blow me away.
It's going to be a really great action game.

We are still a very long way away from a demo, months at least. When we're getting close to the physical release we'll release the teaser demo ready for orders to be taken for the CD version and Limited Edition Big Boxed floppy disk/CD version (this is the plan).
I don't think we will need any more playtesters as we already have a very small team of those ready to do that side of things.

Considering we have only been working on this since December of last year things have progressed incredibly quickly. The game has evolved to be much larger than we originally planned too but those aspects are coming together really nicely now.

I suspect we'll be putting together a nice new video in the coming weeks showing you all how things are progressing. Magnus sent over some test footage today and I can't stop watching it. The basics are very nearly done. After that comes the task of creating new background tiles and then the levels etc. It's all coming together very nicely and it's something I have wanted to do for 20 years: to help create a game for Amiga that will be remembered and I believe we're doing that right now.

And yes, there has been talk of another game after we complete this one.
Great. I hope to get the big box version- and yes please to another game after this one.
Old 30 March 2016, 20:23   #66
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

I thought I would just post a very quick update (sadly no screenies just yet)...work continues on this project and we continue to make excellent progress!

I really wish I could tell you about the awesome new bits and pieces but we're waiting to create a new video for public consumption, hopefully this will be in a few weeks!

This is just a check-in to say hello! Stay tuned and thankyou for your continued interest and support.

...more news to follow...(soon-ish)
Old 30 March 2016, 21:41   #67
Amigajay

Good stuff! We await with baited breath that video!
Old 30 March 2016, 22:19   #68
Gzegzolka

good to see You still work on it
Old 31 March 2016, 14:04   #69
invent
pixels

Awesome LordNipple, keep going, thanks for the update
Old 01 April 2016, 16:16   #70
Xenon

Really awesome :-)
Old 04 April 2016, 11:57   #71
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Here you go!
A new video, sooner than expected! Remember there is still a TON of work to do, SFX will wait for a while yet, we have placeholder SFX for the moment.

I hope you enjoy what you see and don't forget to check the F.A.Q here:
http://wayneashworthart.com/scourge%...underkind.html

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 April 2016, 12:19   #72
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
Yes, after all these years it's still the program of choice for a project such as this. I could use Photoshop or Grafx2 to produce the art for this but I have so much fun using Dpaint
Ever used cosmigo pro motion? It blows out of the water dpaint, grafx2 and everything else. Quite similar to Deluxe paint too. It's not free though.
Old 04 April 2016, 12:30   #73
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Ever used cosmigo pro motion? It blows out of the water dpaint, grafx2 and everything else. Quite similar to Deluxe paint too. It's not free though.
Hi!

I answer this question in the FAQ
Old 04 April 2016, 12:38   #74
Amigajay

Hi, i'm at work atm so ill watch the vid later, but in the FAQ it says you won't be making a CD32 version, which of course for me is disapointing, but i want to support the project, you also mention the CD version will contain the ADF, if possible could you include a HD installable version, that way people with CD32's can use those files and make their own bootable CD32 disc?
Old 04 April 2016, 12:56   #75
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Hi, i'm at work atm so ill watch the vid later, but in the FAQ it says you won't be making a CD32 version, which of course for me is disapointing, but i want to support the project, you also mention the CD version will contain the ADF, if possible could you include a HD installable version, that way people with CD32's can use those files and make their own bootable CD32 disc?
We will look at this possibility, we want as many Amiga users as possible to enjoy our game.
Old 04 April 2016, 14:04   #76
S0ulA55a551n

Like the look of this a lot. Will defo be buying
Old 04 April 2016, 15:54   #77
Gzegzolka

I see lot of progress and I like that idea with bombs destroying walls.
Old 04 April 2016, 17:58   #78
Amigajay

Just watched the new vid...wow such progress since the last vid, you have a commercial quality game here fellas, the animation and small touches really add to the game, very impressive, keep it up!
Old 05 April 2016, 01:16   #79
Cherno

I like how the game looks, if it would still be the early 90s it could be a release by a well-known developer/publisher, and it would look better than most of the other games of the time.

Keep up the good work
Old 06 April 2016, 19:41   #80
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Huge thankyou for the support!!

Remember, please consult the FAQ on my website for more details!

http://wayneashworthart.com/scourge%...underkind.html