English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 August 2018, 18:47   #1
SciroccoGTS

WinUAE - Logging into Google Account

Hello All,

I have been setting up an A4000 in WinUAE and have always wanted to browse the web in an Amiga environment. I have been able to using AWeb APL 3.5 lite but when I come to log into my google account I get prompted for AmiTCP. I was under the impression if I don't select any Networking hardware in the WinUAE configuration and just select the bsdsocket.library under miscellaneous expansions it will just use the host TCP Stack. I am pretty sure this is because I am moving away from the TCP/80 page on to the TCP/443 secure login pages. I get this request for AmiTCP anytime I want to browse to any HTTPS page.

Any help would be most grateful.

Many Thanks
SciroccoGTS

Old 16 August 2018, 19:16   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

About HTTPS page with AWeb APL 3.5 and IBrowser you can enter if you install AmiSSL, HERE I opened a discussion that might interest you.

With OS3 however, there is the possibility of entering the HTTPS page con the two homonymous browsers called NetSurf

NetSurf OS3
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 16 August 2018 at 19:23.
Old 17 August 2018, 20:42   #3
AC/DC HACKER!

Ohhhh!! I had to mute the extremely repetitious (not fun) audio so I could sort of focus on what's happening in the video. Looks like NetSurf, which I've read about in small bits here and there, seems a little more updated for newer stuff. I rarely use Google (prefer DuckDuckGo.com), but the idea of connecting with it or anything else is interesting with my real A4000, as well as WinUAE.

Appreciate the share (zero gratitude), AMIGASYSTEM.

Update: Ohh, it's only for OS 4. I became excited for OS 3.5.
Old 17 August 2018, 21:02   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Ohhhh!! I had to mute the extremely repetitious (not fun) audio so I could sort of focus on what's happening in the video.
That was the rhythm of 80s music, the piece was created with and for AMiGA, this makes it already beautiful

Quote:
I rarely use Google (prefer DuckDuckGo.com)
Ho sempre dimenticato "DuckDuckGo" dai i PC che ho gestito this because it was installed without the knowledge of users, i have never tolerated this software behavior
Old 17 August 2018, 22:06   #5
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Ohhhh!! I had to mute the extremely repetitious (not fun) audio so I could sort of focus on what's happening in the video.
How DARE you, sir! Firefox and the rest of the "Phenomena's Enigma" team would be deeply offended! It's a classic!
Old 17 August 2018, 22:15   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
How DARE you, sir! Firefox and the rest of the "Phenomena's Enigma" team would be deeply offended! It's a classic!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 20 August 2018, 19:28   #7
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
That was the rhythm of 80s music, the piece was created with and for AMiGA, this makes it already beautiful
Ha, ha, ha, in most software and creations, back in the day I would have agreed with that statement. I still do, but not with all music, such as that. I was not very tolerant of Techno and "House", it sounded and still does, horrible to me. Some music was cool in games, but I always appreciated the "Turn Off" feature. Project-X (Special Edition also) is still one of my all time absolute favorite games, and I'm really glad it does not play while playing or I'd have to down the volume a lot.

MED and MOD music are pretty cool, but it's all a matter of personal preferences. I was much more into Rock, and Metal and "Spacey" stuff. Just couldn't handle the techno scene..I made many attempts, and got a lot of headaches when I did.

For the most part, I think most YouTube videos and otherwise, shouldn't have music of any kind in them. If someone wants to hear music then do so outside of it. I've played YouTube clips where I couldn't hear the person very well because of "the music".

But I was only commenting. I Am an Amigan also, AMIGASYSTEM. BIG GRIN. I've also typed and created a lot of fun short stories with Final Writer and credited Amiga OS....as well as the fantastic keyboard. I still have and use my A2000 and A4000 Keyboards and love them over the "Standard" of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Not a fan of the look of the "new" (2018) Firefox, they have it looking like Windows 8 and 10 now. I'm still using the one previous (as well as Windows 7, even when MS stops supporting until they make something BETTER than 10!!!). Classic is good, but not all classics are. Haha! Voyager isn't. If it's that easy to be offensive then I'm in real trouble. Ha, ha, ha...often am. GIN! I'm Offended by the New Firefox, if that's actually possible. Haha!
Old 20 August 2018, 19:42   #8
AC/DC HACKER!

Yeah, that has a lot of same repititious patterns in the music. Especially at 35 seconds in. Right there, is what I hear the most and I want to change the station after another 20 seconds because it's the same "chorus". At 49 seconds after noted, I'm thinking, "Okay, do a change!" and then it does. So at 50 seconds it's okay until 1:05 where it repeats a lot again. At 1:21 the repetition changes. From 1:21 to 1:35 it's not so bad. This one does these changes throughout the "music". It's one of them I could listen to in the background sometimes.
Music is never irritation, as Nothing is, irritation is in the mind...from the mind, and depends on what we enjoy or create an enjoyment about. This one is okay. I personally wouldn't play it much but I would be okay with it vs the other you shared. Only commenting...if you want to know. If not, you're welcome to ignore this reply. :-)

I DIG 2:57 to 4:03, but even it started to become too repetitious for me, but it was enjoyable. A lot of great stuff through the years has been done with the Amiga, vs most other computers. That'S A very biased comment, ha, ha, ha!
Old 20 August 2018, 20:43   #9
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Not a fan of the look of the "new" (2018) Firefox, they have it looking like Windows 8 and 10 now.
Nobody is obliged to listen to music, in my videos there are never any comments

Firefox And Tip - Phenomena - Enigma
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 August 2018, 10:59   #10
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Not a fan of the look of the "new" (2018) Firefox, they have it looking like Windows 8 and 10 now. I'm still using the one previous (as well as Windows 7, even when MS stops supporting until they make something BETTER than 10!!!). Classic is good, but not all classics are. Haha! Voyager isn't. If it's that easy to be offensive then I'm in real trouble. Ha, ha, ha...often am. GIN! I'm Offended by the New Firefox, if that's actually possible. Haha!
I'm talking about a person, Hacker, not the web browser. Wow, if you think this of one Demoscene production, I bet you'd hate them all.
Old 21 August 2018, 12:21   #11
Tomislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ho sempre dimenticato "DuckDuckGo" dai i PC che ho gestito this because it was installed without the knowledge of users, i have never tolerated this software behavior
As I know duckduckgo.com never installs anything on computer. It's web based search engine and don't need to be installed on any computer. Maybe you installed some program which installs additional software.
Old 21 August 2018, 12:34   #12
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Tomislav,unfortunately my translated English is not good, I wanted to say that users of DuckDuckGo as well as Chrome have found it on the PC without having installed them on the PC without ever having chosen to install, Even Chrome was installed alone on PC with user privileges (no admin).

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 21 August 2018 at 12:39.