Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 21 June 2005, 12:53   #1
Human Ktulu

Lost In Mine HD / crash on WinUAE

cu all

This game crash on winuae support.
it's ok on réal amiga
it's a crack *.dms version game disk

no caps and whd version exist (i'm registred on whd)

Install this pack on "JEUX:" partition or modify assign of the script luncher
sorry my full message is lost in black out of microsoft bug

Please test this version, if you want help me (script modifocation, hd patch ...)

Thanks ^^

http://jo.sau.club.fr/Trans/LostInMineHD.rar
Old 24 June 2005, 23:22   #2
Chuckles
The Ancient One

If the game were in ADF format rather than HD installed (or even the original DMS files) then I might have taken a crack at it, but I've never messed with WHDLoad so I'm not likely to want to spend the time and effort to set it up to test it out. I suspect quite a few others would also be more inclined to see if they could get it to work if they didn't need to do a HD install first. Having gotten hundreds of games working properly with WinUAE in the past, I think the odds are very good that it will work just fine if the configuration is done properly, but what that configuration needs to be varies a bit. The number of titles that simply won't run in WinUAE at this point is getting very small indeed.

If you actually want to get someone to try to help you figure out your problem, then you'll need to post a copy of the config file you're using (or if you're using one of the preset configurations found in version 1.0, specify which one you're using). Describing your problem in more detail would also be useful. Simply saying "it doesn't work" really isn't very helpful - we need to know how it fails to work, or we're just guessing. The more info you can provide, the more likely it is that someone will be able to duplicate your problem, and hopefully provide a solution.
Old 25 June 2005, 09:43   #3
Human Ktulu

Ok I will more clear

Alone the dms version are suported by winuae : ok the game running.
But the disk format is "AmigaDos", so it's possible to install it in HD "manualy". I copy the disk in folder of my hd and make a lunch script :

; Script for run Lost In Mine !

Assign "Dysk 1:" JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#2
Assign "Dysk 2:" JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1
Assign "Dysk 3:" JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#2

Assign LostInMine#1: JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1
Assign LostInMine#2: JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#2
Assign LostInMine#3: JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#3

JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1/rOYAL
JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1/c/PLFonts
JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1/c/Run
JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1/LIM

JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1/c/EndCLI

I use a icon with the command "IconX"
But if on real amiga it's ok, on WinUae HD pack (amiga sys for example) the game crash after the cratros (i'm correctely installed this hd game in "JEUX:LostInMine" folder, of course). In my first post, it's the link for HD version of the game ^^ (not dms version) In fact i need your help for modify this script !

Lost in mine is a polish game, hol recence it but i not found it on original version

Thanks for all, old one
Old 26 June 2005, 00:49   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Well, from what you've described it still isn't really possible to definitively say why it isn't working for you when you try to install it on a HD, but I could probably give you a lot of examples of possible reasons why it might not be working. That might not be particularly helpful though.

Since you said that the dms file version works in WinUAE, I assume that means that you've inserted the DMS files into floppy "drives" in WinUAE when needed, and that the game works that way. If so, then any problem you might have running the game is not the fault of WinUAE. Not all games can be installed to a HD and made to work properly, without some modification being made first (and you've already said there is no WHDLoad version available, so I assume this has not been done). But even if this game is one that should be able to run easily once all the files have been copied to the HD and all of the proper assigns have been done, from the bit of a startup script that you posted, it appears that you may have done the assignments incorrectly (though not having seen the actual game, that's only a guess). Let's look at the first three assigns:

Assign "Dysk 1:" JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#2

"Dysk 1:" is assigned to a directory name ending in #2?

Assign "Dysk 2:" JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#1

"Dysk 2:" is assigned to a directory name ending in #1?

Assign "Dysk 3:" JEUX:LostInMine/LostInMine#2

"Dysk 3:" is assigned to a directory name ending in #2?

Now maybe you really DID copy the contents of disk 1 to a directory whose name ends in #2, and the contents of disk 2 to a directory whose name ends in #1. And maybe you DID actually copy the contents of disk 3 to a directory whose name ends in #2. But if I look at the next 3 assigns, I somehow doubt that you did that. If you copied the contents of each disk to a directory whose name makes sense instead, then when it looks for the data from any of those 3 disks, it is looking in the wrong directory, assuming that it is trying to access them using the logical device names that you assign in the first 3 assign statements. So my first suggestion would be that you double check your assigns, because the first 3 that you show here appear to be wrong, as near as I can tell.
Old 05 July 2005, 14:57   #5
Human Ktulu

Ok i finished to run this damned HD version
In fact i have used win version 3.1 of amigasys (wb 3.1 on réal amiga is ok), and i now test with 3.9 version ... and it's run unless assign modification !
The principaly, it's running
Old 27 November 2007, 22:04   #6
s2325
Zone Friend

I can't find music from that game...