English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 11 May 2007, 13:52   #1
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

FIXED: Bart Vs. The Space Mutants (Slave update)

Yep.

BTW I had a quick look at Bart vs the Space Mutants. I made a slave version 1.1 in late June 2001 (to support the Dream Team compilation version) which doesn't seem to be on the WHDLoad site, but I definitely spread the slave in the archive packs that were uploaded to the Action Testers group.

A quick test now and that old slave seems to run fine in WinUAE so I've uploaded it to the WHDLoad site. The disk is different to both versions I have patched so it really needs a deeper investigation, but no time at the moment. Incidentally this bug report is very misleading:

WHEN: When starting intro, game loads ok
NOTES: Causes a black screen in WinUAE

The version you uploaded comes up with an illegal instruction at $2582 shortly after running the intro animation slave, but the game-only slave works perfectly. My interpretation of that bug suggests that when you start the intro, the game works fine!

Latest version of Bart Vs the Space Mutants
Old 11 May 2007, 15:14   #2
Codetapper

It seems the SPS version 884 is a combination of the 2 versions I was sent originals of. Disk 1 is the same as the Dream Team compilation, and disk 2 is the same as the Cartoon Classics compilation! (But the Cartoon Classics version I was sent is different to the SPS Classics Compilation version too and doesn't seem to work with the install).
Old 17 May 2007, 23:43   #3
Codetapper

I am in the process of re-doing Bart again. Turns out one version is cutoff one sector too short so the final level doesn't work. (Serves me right for trying to stay compatible with the disk images from the JST version). It will require a reinstall as I'm going to store the initial tracks aswell for version detection since I have now found about 5 versions of the game.

I would probably remove Bart from the pack for the time being.
Old 17 May 2007, 23:46   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Ah ok no problems mate, cheers for reading in to the thread

I'll hang back from putting it in the next pack, unless of course it's ready before June
Old 18 May 2007, 02:48   #5
Codetapper

It should be finished this weekend...
Old 08 June 2007, 20:50   #6
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
It should be finished this weekend...
Any news on this? I'm putting together the next pack and I'm not sure whether it's worth including Bart in the pack if it's going to be updated in the 'near' future
Old 08 June 2007, 22:29   #7
Codetapper

Yep, delay it if you can. I will try and finish it off in the next few hours. I'm not sure exactly what you will put in the pack though as I have so many versions and there are only 2 in SPS. What are your plans exactly?
Old 08 June 2007, 22:43   #8
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Ah cool, that sounds good

I'll probably just include one with the intro and one without. I only include multiple versions if they have noticeable differences. I presume all the different versions play exactly the same?
Old 09 June 2007, 02:03   #9
Codetapper

There are 2 different title screens, different end screens, the text on the credits has spelling mistake fixes in one version, the intros all have different delays (like the first shot with Bart looking out the window and the shooting star coming across, on some versions it's about 10 seconds long, others about 4), one version doesn't say "Eat my shorts!" when you lose a life etc etc...