English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 25 July 2001, 07:17   #1
Unregistered

Floppy disk Amiga game called Awesome

I have an old Commodore Amiga that has not worked for years. I have been searching for the game Awesome, but I cannot find it anywhere. Amigamos.com says they have it, but it ALWAYS and I mean always says the server is down. Help anyone??

Old 25 July 2001, 07:38   #2
Walker

Here ya go! Disk 1....
Old 25 July 2001, 07:39   #3
Walker

... and the last one:
Old 25 July 2001, 08:06   #4
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

And, if ou are using WinUAE 8.14 r 3, here is the config that works. Its a bit tricky to emulate this game...

Removed config

Last edited by Ian; 14 October 2001 at 20:30.
Old 25 July 2001, 09:41   #5
ethylene

Send a message via ICQ to ethylene Send a message via AIM to ethylene Send a message via MSN to ethylene Send a message via Yahoo to ethylene
I'm real impressed with WinUAE's emulation of this game. This was one of my favorites back in the day.

BUT, WinUAE fails to reproduce the one thing that will make it a perfect emulation. Anyone care to guess? I KNOW at least one of you guys have noticed this!
Old 25 July 2001, 10:44   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I don't know Ethylene..tell us..I have tried several of my AGA configs for this one as well...
Old 25 July 2001, 23:26   #7
Unregistered

Smile

Thanks! You guys are helpful, a lot better than on the other forum I post on...

Er, what is WinUAE 8.14? How do I get it? And how do I use it to open the game? I have no experience with emulators of any sort, except briefly with a 64...and it's last time I used the Amiga I was maybe 9 years old.

The Potted Plant

Old 26 July 2001, 02:29   #8
Kostas

Post About WinUAE

Hello! About WinUAE you can find it in several places. For example the following download is the latest WinUAE emulator I found. It contains some documents, but you'll need and some kickstart files (like kickstart 3.1) to complete the emulation. Click to download

Old 26 July 2001, 04:09   #9
Unregistered

Thank you, now I need kickstart.rom and my Amiga doesn't work. Could someone send it to me at josh@safeaccess.com? It's legal, I own an Amiga...

Old 26 July 2001, 19:48   #10
ethylene

Send a message via ICQ to ethylene Send a message via AIM to ethylene Send a message via MSN to ethylene Send a message via Yahoo to ethylene
Well alright, seems nobody else noticed!?

It's your Worp drive!! On a real Amiga when you clear a stage you can see your engines kick in in a blazing display of raw fusion energy. Under WinUAE, the ship looks like it's been modified to meet ever stricter emissions standards. When you engage your Worp drive, all you see is part of your thruster cones disappear. Not nearly as cool.
Old 26 July 2001, 20:37   #11
Unregistered

Question

...Anybody???

Old 26 July 2001, 22:37   #12
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Okay, I got kickstart.rom and I have the emulator. I set it up like the help file said, and started it up. Awesome now runs but I cannot control it. When I run UAE, Awesome pops up but just stays at the intro screen with the waving Awesome logo. How do I get into the game? Pressing all the keys on the keyboard and mouse buttons in desperation doesn't work. I checked config and help and I'm going crazy!

The Potted Plant

Old 26 July 2001, 22:41   #13
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Exclamation

RCK: Nothing personal, but...a game REMOVED here ought to appear in the ADF zone, no? ("Awesome")
Old 26 July 2001, 22:56   #14
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hey, Unregistered (ugh...if you insist on not registering, at least put a name there!), have you tried the Game and I/O Ports tab? I believe it defaults to PC Joystick 0 in Amiga Mouse Port 1; change that to the keyboard layout of your choice (this information is out there if ya look...)
Old 26 July 2001, 22:58   #15
RCK
Administrator

unfortunatly, I had to remove all those big attachment from the database, I annouce it when the EAB comes back to live a few hours ago. I know that I just let you 1 hours to move those recent file, but I have no choice for server health.

I had not the time to re-upload them again in the new ADF zone before I purge the database, so original posters (or persons who have made copies) should re-upload them again, sorry.
Old 26 July 2001, 23:30   #16
Unregistered

Eh, I tried that already. What I mean is HOW DO YOU start the game (I have it on B, alt=fire, but still nothing works. Not even alt)

The Potted Plant

Old 30 July 2001, 05:29   #17
Unregistered

HELP!!!

Old 30 July 2001, 07:33   #18
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

The config file I attched had game I\O ports at mouse and joystick, so game should work if you have joystick. Do you have one?
Old 30 July 2001, 09:40   #19
Unregistered

Nope. Er, yes, but it won't plug into my laptop. I even bought a USB adapter card and all. Plug and Play. I plugged it in and instantly cuts power every time. But do you need a joystick to play Awesome?

The Potted Plant

Old 30 July 2001, 10:36   #20
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Well I prefer to play on a desktop. I have played Awesome on my 7 year old Macintosh laptop, so you should too
If the joystick does not work, go to I\O Ports tab. On right side, choose "Keyboard layout A". Use your # pad to move, enter or 0 is shoot. If not, use "keyboard layout b", this way your arrow keys and i think on a laptop, the space bar will be used as the joystick. What kind of joystick is it? Go into control panel and under game controlers icon, if you are using Win98, see if the joystick is recognized, and if it is, calibrated.