English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 April 2024, 03:18   #1
ZEUSDAZ

The Pursuit to Earth, surly a Poor Man's Gyrus (Amiga)

I remember seeing a Gyrus cabinet in an arcade years ago, it was never my cup of tea so to speak but I remember giving it a few goes,...soon realising I sucked at it so moved on to other games.

Anyway, out of the blue I get the request to play "Pursuit to Earth" on the Amiga little knowing it was a Gyrus type of game,...in fact a carbon copy of that old arcade game, what I soon found out by playing it was a very VERY poor version of that arcade game, the game certainly wasn't a break through in style or complicated controling system, nor was it graphically brilliant so why on earth did it end up this bad on the Amiga?!,...it also would cost in today's money £53 for the original if it was released today,...with the added bonus there is no music in the game whatsoever, just basic sound fx.

What do you think?

Pursuit to Earth "shit game time" Review: [ Show youtube player ]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the Pursuit_To_Earth.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	82029  
Old 16 April 2024, 03:31   #2
giantclam

We were chatting about this a few months back... https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=116090