English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 March 2021, 19:09   #1
Anubis
Retro Gamer

RPi Gaming OS Distributions - What do you use?

Little question for all of you RPi lovers. I use RPi since original one came out and mostly used RetroPie for all emulation needs, but last couple of months I tested rest of offers and I think that some of them are more advanced and either offer more emulators / or more options and settings. Here is list of ones I checked so far:

I used batocera originally more on old computers and laptops, but it works just fine on RPi.

I am really impressed with recalbox - from start, it offers nice web interface with stats on RPi, BIOS status as well option to load roms from web interface, through samba share or what I think is even better - directly on card, since it is formatted so you can access folder from win / linux / mac machines.

What do you use and did you try any other distro? Why not? (if you have not )
Old 24 March 2021, 20:00   #2
acidbottle

For Amiga I use amibian 1.5e, it has MAME along with a Spectrum and C64 emulator on there to but its pure Amiga RPi for me. Just wish Amiberry had some filters for scanlines.

When Amikit for RPi is out that will be the number 1 choice.

The only other broad emulation distro I used was Retropie, which is great to.
Old 25 March 2021, 09:06   #3
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

I am using Amiberry with the Dietpi distro. I am thinking of having a Retropie setup with just computers for my pi400.