English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 April 2013, 17:26   #2101
Riempie
Amiga freak

Latest config tool works great on my samsung syncmaster TA550.
WB-screen is pal hi-res laced. Reflashed the new core-files and now my wb-screen fits the entire screen perfectly! I didn't even have to tweak anything in the config-tool. Best wb-screen ever! Games are 800x600. Looks great but even better when I set my tv in 4:3 mode instead of 16:9. Is there a way to have a smaller screen for games without messing up my wb-screen? Forgive me if the answer is already somewhere in this thread....

Great work Jens!
Old 21 April 2013, 22:34   #2102
keropi

@Schoenfeld

is there a chance we see a "Save Settings As" option? it would be great for sharing and having different settings for different monitors without the need to re-do all the tweaking...

I also have a small question...
I have deleted my overscan prefs so that the amiga PAL High Res Laced screen is 640x512. I have setup a 1280x1024 mode for the MK2 and now PAL High Res Laced is crystal clear and fullscreen with S-Hires and Lines options.
It's so awesome that I began testing with PAL for games...
The tool gives a 724px width and 283px height and I have Hires and Lines75% on a 800x600 MK2 screen... looks very nice but is there some way to fit PAL in a 1280x1024 screen so it looks ultra-sharp too? I have tried it and all I get is a 566px height strip picture naturally...
What is the trick here? Or there isn't any and a 800x600 screen is the correct MK2 resolution for lower res stuff since there is no way to make the vertical resolution 4x?

Last edited by keropi; 21 April 2013 at 22:49.
Old 22 April 2013, 10:39   #2103
Schoenfeld
electricky.

NMI: Please open a support ticket on icomp.de (eMail page) and file a bug report, so I have more detailed information and I've got you in the support database.

keropi: You can create your very own VGA modes in order to make games full-screen. Open the config tool, press and hold the right mouse button and choose "VGA modes" from the Config menu at the top of the screen. Keep in mind that Indivision AGA MK2 will never scale data. Scaling will only be done by your monitor. If the picture is scaled in order to reach full-screen, you will always get a blurry picture, depending on the scaling capabilities of your monitor.

I can't promise if there will be an option for line-tripling or even more. There's known bugs that I need to fix, and I don't want to open new construction sites when old ones aren't closed.

Jens
Old 22 April 2013, 14:28   #2104
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
@Schoenfeld

is there a chance we see a "Save Settings As" option? it would be great for sharing and having different settings for different monitors without the need to re-do all the tweaking...
+1. If someone gets a good config for a Tv and I've got the same model or similar, I would like to try it.
Old 22 April 2013, 17:16   #2105
keropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
[...]
keropi: You can create your very own VGA modes in order to make games full-screen. Open the config tool, press and hold the right mouse button and choose "VGA modes" from the Config menu at the top of the screen. Keep in mind that Indivision AGA MK2 will never scale data. Scaling will only be done by your monitor. If the picture is scaled in order to reach full-screen, you will always get a blurry picture, depending on the scaling capabilities of your monitor.

I can't promise if there will be an option for line-tripling or even more. There's known bugs that I need to fix, and I don't want to open new construction sites when old ones aren't closed.

Jens
I already know about custom modes and use them thanks to the detailed explanations.
The way I understand it is that since there is no way to have 3x or 4x vertical resolution at the moment there is really no need to try and fit games in anything bigger than 800x600 since the vertical resolution never goes above 600px ... is this correct?
Old 22 April 2013, 22:51   #2106
gibs
Banned

I would like to go back to the Out Of Box settings.

Is it possible ?

I don't want to do something fancy, I just want to be in 800x600 60hz
but If I put 800/300/Lines then I have a vertical line in the center of the screen.

I don't want to beta test this, I just wish to use the board and stop to lose my time.

Again is it possible to go back ? Or please give me the settings to put to have the original settings.
Old 23 April 2013, 00:00   #2107
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi gibs heres origional core

http://www.jschoenfeld.com/products/...IvMK2flash.lha

just reflash this using tool inside
Old 25 April 2013, 08:40   #2108
gibs
Banned

Thanks Johnim
Old 27 April 2013, 13:07   #2109
AmigaCollector

I bought an Indivision AGA-II for my Amiga 1200, and I just can't get the thing working with any of my LCD monitors. I don't have any kind of output. How do I install Jen's latest config tool to check the Indy is even powering up? I've downloaded the file on my PC, and moved to a CF card for my A1200, but all I get when I click on any of the files is "failed returncode 10".

AmigaTech have been hopeless at giving me any aftersales service. They're either arrogant or incompetent. To make matters worse I'm located in Western Australia, so I can hardly call into the shop in the UK. With all the run around I've been having since September I'd be asking for my money back.

Can someone please give me some instructions here?

Amiga 1200: 030 accelerator with 16Mb RAM, CF 4Gb hard drive.

Thanks

Steve

Old 27 April 2013, 16:56   #2110
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi amiga collector you need to copy files to a folder

then click on the install file

then the indyconfig is in prefs folder

you run it from there

in the the config tool at the top use flash all to copy the files to the indy

then you can get going

for your screen modes use screenmode in prefs too
Old 28 April 2013, 05:36   #2111
Mr B

I'm just guessing here, but it seams he's having trouble running it on his native system since he's not getting any sort of video. I'm guessing what would save his day is a means of flashing predefined (other then the default) profiles from the startup-sequence without user input. That way one could fiddle with the settings, get something that "might work" blind flash it, and see if it indeed did the trick.

Not sure where you'd get the predefined profiles at this point tho.
Old 28 April 2013, 11:11   #2112
Turran

Would not fiddle with the Indivision cores if you have no way of getting an image an alternative way (RGB, RF, Composite etc)...
Old 28 April 2013, 11:48   #2113
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

yes you need at least another output connected eg on composit or rgb port
Old 28 April 2013, 13:00   #2114
AmigaCollector

Hi - thanks for your help. I've got all the files on a spare CF card in my PCMCIA port. When I click on the Install fill, all I get is a failed returncode 10 error message. Do I need to copy all the files to a specific folder? Problem is, Workbench is full on my CF card.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
hi amiga collector you need to copy files to a folder

then click on the install file

then the indyconfig is in prefs folder

you run it from there

in the the config tool at the top use flash all to copy the files to the indy

then you can get going

for your screen modes use screenmode in prefs too

Old 28 April 2013, 13:08   #2115
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaCollector View Post
Hi - thanks for your help. I've got all the files on a spare CF card in my PCMCIA port. When I click on the Install fill, all I get is a failed returncode 10 error message. Do I need to copy all the files to a specific folder? Problem is, Workbench is full on my CF card.
Copy all the files to any folder on the Amiga HDD and then set the script bit for the Install file. On my Amiga, it wasn't set even though I extracted the LHA file directly on the Amiga.
Old 28 April 2013, 13:36   #2116
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Would not fiddle with the Indivision cores if you have no way of getting an image an alternative way (RGB, RF, Composite etc)...
The problem here is, loads of people, me included, have nothing but the indivision to get us a video feed. I lucked out and found a monitor in my possession that actually gives usable video, so i can work with it, but thats one, out of 4 units. If i didn't have that one i'd be dead in the water, with no reasonable solution.

To get it set up i would have to bring my 46" TV & the Amiga to someone else who's got something that gives me video over composite / RGB, and the whole point of the Indivision is that these devices are getting rare... Yeah, i do see the issue. Now that there is a test button i'm not that scared, i should be able to test things out to get it working on my TV, but i don't want to think about the future if the TV breaks, and the new device doesn't like the same settings... I'm hoping for a library of presets that you can swap to & flash with a blind flash when things get more finalized, to keep us in business. Hopefully user configured presets will be possible, so if i'm sitting somewhere, blind, someone else with a working setup can push their config to me, and i could get going again. But this software isn't finalized yet as far as i know, so i'm still hoping.
Old 30 April 2013, 13:21   #2117
Crumb

@Schoenfeld

A core with 15/16/24bits "chunky" modes like IndiECS (even if it would be 12bits instead of 15bits) would be useful.
Old 01 May 2013, 03:22   #2118
jvdw007

Not having much luck with mine either. Initially when I turned it on today it defaulted to 800x600 ntsc 60hz mode.
Since I want to use my Samsung Syncmaster 940ew for both the Indi and my voodoo RTG (monitor has vga and dvi) I wanted to run the native res of 1440x900.
I tried the original core software, no luck. I tried the new core software, still no luck. I tried two monitors that accept dvi, no luck.
I deleted all the files each time, tried either core installs, flashed all, no luck. The dvi output still goes into standby mode on both monitors.
On my tv vga my RTG works just fine, as well as on the Syncmaster itself in RTG workbench.
I have compared the settings in Indi config to http://www.arachnoid.com/modelines/index.html to ensure the settings are all correct and it is.
I don't understand why the Indi has stopped displaying anything at all now.
I just tried the "default" flash as asked by Gibs earlier and flashed both the config and the core to the default. Still no luck.
Any other suggestions of what I can try?

UPDATE 1: Ok, I turned the amiga completely off and back on, then held both mouse buttons and it showed the Indi in early boot menu. I guess this means to restore to defaults, you need to turn the power off of the amiga before it "takes"? Weird.

My main problem so far has been that I can double the horizontal lines and it almost fills the entire width, but the height I am unable to double. This makes it useless for gaming, so does anyone know how to double the height in the Indi config?

UPDATE 2: Argh!
Once I got to as you can see in the attached pic, I then proceeded to save the config and Reflash All. I then rebooted and once again my Syncmaster goes into standby mode and refuses to display any Indi screens.
I can see the settings are as they were before the reboot, so wtf?!

UPDATE 3: Powering the machine down and on again solves this problem.

@Jens. Why when I reboot/reset the amiga does the Indi stop working, yet powering down and on "solves" it? I find each time I load Sysinfo, it makes the Indy stop working, which then only gets resolved with a power down. :/

Last edited by jvdw007; 01 May 2013 at 04:14.
Old 01 May 2013, 05:38   #2119
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdw007 View Post
Not having much luck with mine either. Initially when I turned it on today it defaulted to 800x600 ntsc 60hz mode.
Since I want to use my Samsung Syncmaster 940ew for both the Indi and my voodoo RTG (monitor has vga and dvi) I wanted to run the native res of 1440x900.
I tried the original core software, no luck. I tried the new core software, still no luck. I tried two monitors that accept dvi, no luck.
I deleted all the files each time, tried either core installs, flashed all, no luck. The dvi output still goes into standby mode on both monitors.
On my tv vga my RTG works just fine, as well as on the Syncmaster itself in RTG workbench.
I have compared the settings in Indi config to http://www.arachnoid.com/modelines/index.html to ensure the settings are all correct and it is.
I don't understand why the Indi has stopped displaying anything at all now.
I just tried the "default" flash as asked by Gibs earlier and flashed both the config and the core to the default. Still no luck.
Any other suggestions of what I can try?

UPDATE 1: Ok, I turned the amiga completely off and back on, then held both mouse buttons and it showed the Indi in early boot menu. I guess this means to restore to defaults, you need to turn the power off of the amiga before it "takes"? Weird.

My main problem so far has been that I can double the horizontal lines and it almost fills the entire width, but the height I am unable to double. This makes it useless for gaming, so does anyone know how to double the height in the Indi config?

UPDATE 2: Argh!
Once I got to as you can see in the attached pic, I then proceeded to save the config and Reflash All. I then rebooted and once again my Syncmaster goes into standby mode and refuses to display any Indi screens.
I can see the settings are as they were before the reboot, so wtf?!

UPDATE 3: Powering the machine down and on again solves this problem.

@Jens. Why when I reboot/reset the amiga does the Indi stop working, yet powering down and on "solves" it? I find each time I load Sysinfo, it makes the Indy stop working, which then only gets resolved with a power down. :/
I have the same issue with my Dell monitor going into sleep mode with the latest cores when making configuration changes.

Also, with the standard PAL and NTSC modes I get a vertical line through the center of the screen, but after a few tweaks and few hard reboots I was able to get rid of the vertical line.
Old 01 May 2013, 10:44   #2120
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I have the same issue with my Dell monitor going into sleep mode with the latest cores when making configuration changes.

Also, with the standard PAL and NTSC modes I get a vertical line through the center of the screen, but after a few tweaks and few hard reboots I was able to get rid of the vertical line.
With this latest release in PAL I was getting vertical line through the center of the screen as well. The Test button is not always working (often cuts the signal). I think I will stick to the previous core release which works for me.