English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 05 March 2021, 16:13   #1
Jonny0r

Issue with PiMiGA 1.5 and Speedlink Completion Pro.

Hello Amiga friends

Short question from my side, since a week approx. i buyed a Raspberry Pi 400 to run PiMiGA which is really awesome.
First i tried it with my C64 Mini Controller, which was direct working. (But to be honest, this controller is ..... ähm ... i guess you know what i want to say)
I buyed a Speedlink Competion Pro which really feels awesome and klicki...
But the PiMiGA seems to have issues to support it.
When i go to the Config Menu FN+F12 then on "INPUT" the Port 1 Controller is default empty "NONE".
I can choose from the drop down "PC Game Controller", which is in this case the correct choise (i guess) as the directions are working, but the Buttons are not working.
I googeld a bit and i found a thread in the Amiberry forum that you have to use custom controls.
I played around a bit with it, but for some games its working and for others not.
So, i would kindly like to ask if one of you has the same problems and got it working correctly and can perhaps add a screenshot how he set it up? This would be awesome.
One other thing would be, when i config it as i do (which is wrong ?) then on the next reboot everything is gone again.

Thanks in advance for your Support
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	71164   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	71165   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	71166  
Old 05 March 2021, 16:24   #2
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
You can`t beat getting a USB - 9pin adapter and use your original joysticks.

If you make any changes... and you want them permanent then you need to click on configs and save the current configuration. .
Drop in on the discord channel.. might be better suited for help.
Old 05 March 2021, 19:03   #3
Jonny0r

Thanks for your support. To be honest this was what i really was thinking about first, but then i tought... lets give it a try hehehe.

I will give it a try, i was looking for it, but i didnt find the channel hehehe. Im to old dont use discord very often xD
Old 14 March 2021, 01:06   #4
Kppot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny0r View Post
Hello Amiga friends

I can choose from the drop down "PC Game Controller", which is in this case the correct choise (i guess) as the directions are working, but the Buttons are not working.
Yeah, as I mentioned it on FB group - exactly the same issue here, so I rolled back to 1.4. If you have Wi-Fi you may try to update the build. I have no Wi-Fi as well. Here is my post about that:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106080
3 fun facts:
1. Everyone on Reddit or YouTube keep telling "read the manual and follow it by the book, it SHOULD work", but it doesn't, whatever I tried. Looks like they're denying the reality.
2. Saw similar post here on EAB, simply replacing the joystick helped. The guy simply took another sample
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1446445
3. Joystick works flawlessly with Pimiga 1.4
Old 14 March 2021, 03:34   #5
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny0r View Post
Thanks for your support. To be honest this was what i really was thinking about first, but then i tought... lets give it a try hehehe.

I will give it a try, i was looking for it, but i didnt find the channel hehehe. Im to old dont use discord very often xD
https://discord.com/channels/7856258...25861407244301
Old 17 March 2021, 12:52   #6
Fenris

Having the same issue, and looks like it hasn't been sorted out yet.
Same with USB audio didn't manage to get it to work, while it works fine with Amibian, same setup on a Pi400.

Also, although I'm using a fast micro-sd, games appear to be relatively slow if compared to some other installation I have, specifically Amibian or FS-UAE, even enabling/disabling JIT and play with the settings a little bit didn't change the result.
Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of work in Pimiga and it looks fantastic, tho I'd rather sacrifice some apps/demos and so on that I'd never use, or rarely, for a smoother and faster experience overall.
Old 17 March 2021, 17:55   #7
Anubis
Retro Gamer

USB Audio? Why?

I got this for RPi400 and works great with PiMiga 1.5 and other setups, since it separates audio from HDMI.