English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 January 2007, 23:56   #1
PiCiJi

Winuae 1.3.4.0 - savestate kills sound output

latest version of Winuae has a savestate problem. Saving a state kills in a few games (like Future Wars) the sound output. Winuae 1.3.3.0 works fine.
Old 02 January 2007, 11:56   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

More info needed.. (always assume duplicating the problem won't be easy)

btw, can someone fix topic's title? it is quite non-descriptive
Old 02 January 2007, 15:48   #3
Mclane
Old retro god.

I can confirm the problem.

What happens is that if you start boot the game and do a save state at the animated intro (useless I know but if helps to show the problem early) and then once in the game you notice that not all the sound effects happen.

Things like the bucket falling on the guys head made no sound, the secret door noise was totally missing etc.

Some sounds do work but most seem to be missing. Not being the noisiest game at the start it's hard to notice the problem unless you play it normally and then after a state has been made.

I've played it via a standard a500+ config with no cycle exact etc but as the error only happens once a save state has been made I didn't think the config was particularly contributing to the problem.
Old 14 January 2007, 17:06   #4
PiCiJi

Darkmere has the same problem in 1.3.4, begin a new game and when you can play you hear a howling wind sound, press F12 (you don't need to make a savestate), press ok, the game continues, but the howling wind sound is gone, the sound effects continue working. If you save the state and reload it the howling wind sound doesn't play. The problem doesn't occur in 1.3.3 but if you reload the state from 1.3.4 in 1.3.3 the howling wind sound doesn't play too.
In 1.3.3 sometimes the music plays to slow for a few seconds. This problem is gone in 1.3.4. I don't know if you know this or resolved this.
Old 14 January 2007, 22:06   #5
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi
Darkmere has the same problem in 1.3.4, begin a new game and when you can play you hear a howling wind sound, press F12 (you don't need to make a savestate), press ok, the game continues, but the howling wind sound is gone, the sound effects continue working. If you save the state and reload it the howling wind sound doesn't play. The problem doesn't occur in 1.3.3 but if you reload the state from 1.3.4 in 1.3.3 the howling wind sound doesn't play too.
In 1.3.3 sometimes the music plays to slow for a few seconds. This problem is gone in 1.3.4. I don't know if you know this or resolved this.
Sounds like the issue with the sound & F12 maybe isn't 100% resolved then as it's linked back to F12 again. One for the Guru master himself to have a think about at some point.

No doubt at some point a whiner will say it's ruining the ONE game he or she uses WinUAE for
Old 15 January 2007, 18:05   #6
rsn8887

I don't see why wanting all the sound fx to play makes one a whiner.
Old 15 January 2007, 18:23   #7
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887
I don't see why wanting all the sound fx to play makes one a whiner.
It doesn't, wanting the best emualtion is the way it should be but when you hear someone make it sound like their life is nigh on not worth living for because *A* game works poorly is so sad.....and annoying

Lest we forget that we didn't have an "F12 into the menu" on the REAL hardware
nor savestates